Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Green Photon Blade Diffusion Project - Phase 1  (Read 5895 times)
imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 08:08:55 PM »

The color clearly diffuses acros the entirety of the blades surface.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »

And the tip is far more blended, and refracts the light nicely.

AS

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 08:21:54 PM »

And here’s the orange controll...

Again, we see the greater color dispersement to the edge of he blade, and the tip is less prominent and more smoothly transitions the color across it.

AS

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 08:24:35 PM »

Here’s the result in the light on the GB Dom, compared aside the Guardian with the Ultraedge in FO.

AS

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2018, 08:28:17 PM »

Please keep in mind this is a SINGLE layer of diffusion. There is no media inside the blade. It’s just a simple method to attempt to soften he overall look of the color tranfered up the blade. On phase 2 I’ll examine different options of media available to put inside the blade tube, and post a write up of he results with pics. Overall, this was a fun, fast, and inexpensive project, and about the easies way I’m aware of the change the color of your blade. Thanks everyone!! Cheers!!!

AS

Death Cyborg
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

Naughty Person

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2018, 11:40:46 PM »

Here’s the result in the light on the GB Dom, compared aside the Guardian with the Ultraedge in FO.

This is looking awesome imgumby001dammit ! A bit of cellophane diffusion on the inside will help equalize the intensity of the brightness along the length of the blade... That is a great Idea using the Photon for your color change !

Sabers Owned:
Initiate V2 with Sun Riders Destiny Heavy Grade UE Blade
Dark Initiate V2 with Fire Orange Mid Grade Blade
For now......Mwahahahahahaha !!!
(__(((((__o_(((_]]                                                           
(__(((((__0_(((_]]                                                            

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2018, 12:08:05 AM »

Sorry for the typo, I meant to say great pick up on the green blades and great work

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 02:40:20 AM »

Thanks guys!!

DC - I am actually trying to come up with a couple other potential options to try. I have a few ideas, and as soon as I can get a bit of a budget increase I’ll be getting some more materials. When I do I’ll do some testing and post the results. I’m sure US has probably explored most of the options I’d be able to come up with already, but it may still prove interesting to try some different materials and list the effects. Is all fun, so what the hey!!!

AS

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »

The photon blade itself will spread the light over itself way better then a regular blade. Imagine any other translucent color and the light would not light up the blade near as bright. So it looks great with only one diffuser.

Great job.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »

Thanks tx!!

AS

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2018, 06:42:34 AM »

Nice job Gum.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »

I put diffusion film (cellophane from Michaels) in my photon blade (thin walled).

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2018, 06:21:33 PM »

I put diffusion film (cellophane from Michaels) in my photon blade (thin walled).

Any pictures of how that turned out, Edon?  I was looking into some blank polycarbonate blades and was wondering what I film I should use.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:06 PM »

Yeah here is my photon blade (with diffusion film only) on two different US hilts:

The diffusion film install is necessary for the increased brightness as just the plain un-diffused blade you get from TCSS is not good enough

Like I said I bought a 4ft tall roll of clear cellophane gift wrapping at Micheals a year ago for like $6 and use it on all my dayblades in order to buy them cheap (undiffused).  Still have whole LOT left after using on 5 dayblades, could probably do another 15 more no problem.  (Also works on grab bag blades from US with film imperfections, have been able to pull out the film on a few and replace with fresh film and they look as good as the new ones)

Here is an example of what I got:

https://www.michaels.com/100ft-clear-cellophane-wrap/D023771S.html#q=cellophane+wrap&start=4

But you should get it longer than the blade you are installing into and I recommend clear for max brightness.  They have colored ones but that will dim the light.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 11:24:26 AM »

Yeah here is my photon blade (with diffusion film only) on two different US hilts:

The diffusion film install is necessary for the increased brightness as just the plain un-diffused blade you get from TCSS is not good enough

Like I said I bought a 4ft tall roll of clear cellophane gift wrapping at Micheals a year ago for like $6 and use it on all my dayblades in order to buy them cheap (undiffused).  Still have whole LOT left after using on 5 dayblades, could probably do another 15 more no problem.  (Also works on grab bag blades from US with film imperfections, have been able to pull out the film on a few and replace with fresh film and they look as good as the new ones)

Here is an example of what I got:

https://www.michaels.com/100ft-clear-cellophane-wrap/D023771S.html#q=cellophane+wrap&start=4

But you should get it longer than the blade you are installing into and I recommend clear for max brightness.  They have colored ones but that will dim the light.

They look great!  I just ordered some cellophane, thanks for the info Edon!  Have a point!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: