Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: UNCHARTED FAN FILM - Starring Nathan Fillion  (Read 1245 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: July 17, 2018, 05:22:12 PM »

Thanks to his amazingly charismatic and rogueish portrayal in Firefly/Serenity, there has been calls by fandom for years for Nathan Fillion to be cast as Nathan Drake, lead character in the extremely popular Uncharted games. After all, game developers NaughtyDog confirmed years ago that Nathan Drake was loosely based on Nathan Fillion.

The only problem is, Hollywood has a long history of totally messing up video game to movie adaptations: Warcraft, Tomb Raider (twice), Assassin Creed, Max Payne, Mortal Kombat, Super Mario. The list goes on.

There are some who say that Fillion is now too old to play the role, especially with an Uncharted movie in development with Tom Holland cast as a young version of the character.

Fortunately, some enterprising individuals have got together and made a 15 min Uncharted fan film, starring Nathan Fillion. It perfectly captures everything that is fun and captivating about the games, and proof that Fillion is PERFECT for the role.

What do you guys think? Have you played the Uncharted games before? Were you a fan of Firefly? Do you want to see Nathan Fillion given the chance to play the role fans have wanted to see for years? And what do you think of the fan film itself?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5CZQpqF_74</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 06:08:06 AM »

Never played Uncharted or watched Firefly, so I'm not a worshiper of Fillion like many people seem to be.  But this looks like it would be a fun adventure film.   Side note:  I actually liked Mortal Kombat (first one) and Warcraft.  Were they great movies..no.  But still enjoyable. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:40:43 PM »

I'm not a worshiper of Nathan Fillion either but I do like Stephen Lang and the fan film is pretty good.  I'd watch it if it became an actual movie

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »

Side note:  I actually liked Mortal Kombat (first one) and Warcraft.  Were they great movies..no.  But still enjoyable. 
Mortsl Kombat - Cheesy fun. Warcraft - some fantastic elements, but lots of bad stuff that left it unbalanced

Never played Uncharted or watched Firefly, so I'm not a worshiper of Fillion like many people seem to be. 

I'm not a worshiper of Nathan Fillion either but I do like Stephen Lang and the fan film is pretty good.  I'd watch it if it became an actual movie
S-Lang is awesome is everything and it was a wonderful surprise to see him in this. And you NEED to start worshipping at the alter of Nathan Fillion. It's the law. Resistance is futile!

Seriously though, watch the movie Serenity. If you like it (and I think you will) then go back and watch Firefly. I did it that way round and my experience of both was great. And you'll see why so many people love Mr Fillion.

In regards to the game, I played them backwards (started with 3, then 2, then 1. As I now have a PS4 I recently completed 4). The games are fun and were so popular it led to the reboot of the Tomb Raider game franchise. Your enjoyment will be determined by if you like third-person action-adventure platform shooter games.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »

S-Lang is awesome is everything and it was a wonderful surprise to see him in this. And you NEED to start worshipping at the alter of Nathan Fillion. It's the law. Resistance is futile!

Lol on it's the law... I like him on Firefly movie and series and I think he's a great actor, but not gung-ho on him.  I'll watch movies that he's starred in though

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 09:43:21 PM »

Mortsl Kombat - Cheesy fun. Warcraft - some fantastic elements, but lots of bad stuff that left it unbalanced

Warcraft was in the vein of all those cheap 80s fantasy films..helps I know nothing about Warcraft though.  I do wish Travis Fimmel would get more roles though...I love him as Ragnar and he (imo) stood out in Warcraft

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 01:23:51 PM »

I watched this, and they really had me ... until he dove out the window, popped up, and started shooting.   

That point was the point where, in the game, you become the character and enter the First Person Shooter.  And this felt soooooo much like that!  I think that's exactly what they wanted, too, but I would have liked this live-action movie to be just a bit more cinematic and a bit less video game at that point.

From there to the exit via car it didn't have the same vibe, but then the little meeting on the hill was back to cinema, and I was drawn back into the story again. 

What I was left with was the hope, vain no doubt, that this was being sold to someone as a prototype to make a pilot for an episodic series for SciFi channel or Netflix or something.  Wherever, however, I hope so, because I think there's excellent potential there.  LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »

That point was the point where, in the game, you become the character and enter the First Person Shooter.  And this felt soooooo much like that!  I think that's exactly what they wanted, too, but I would have liked this live-action movie to be just a bit more cinematic and a bit less video game at that point.
Because of the aspect ratio change at that point you can tell they were purposely trying to recreate the feel of the game rather than being cinematic. And, for me, that is what made it all the more brilliant. Although, if this was a feature length movie and they did that every time, I would get annoyed/it would get boring. But as a one-off, it worked.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 03:52:21 PM »

Because of the aspect ratio change at that point you can tell they were purposely trying to recreate the feel of the game rather than being cinematic. And, for me, that is what made it all the more brilliant. Although, if this was a feature length movie and they did that every time, I would get annoyed/it would get boring. But as a one-off, it worked.

Yeah, I can go with that.   As a one-off.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 10:57:06 PM »

Yeah, I can go with that.   As a one-off.  :-)
Excellent. Now we've got that sorted we can turn our attention to the DC movie trailers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: