Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My First Ultrasabers unboxing  (Read 1385 times)
ObiWan Mickobi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: July 18, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2017K96hgo&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2017K96hgo&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:43:01 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can imagine.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 04:45:15 PM »

Hey Mickobi!  Thank you for the warning of those FaceBook "lightsaber" scams.  I've always had a rule that if I see it flooding my social media or email inbox, 15 times out of 10 that it's a scam.  Sorry that you unfortunately had to experience that.  Congrats on your Dark Standard saber with that beautiful GB (Guardian Blue) and the Artic Blue FOC. It looks and sounds amazing!  I can tell from how your facial expressions were when you first pulled it out of the wrapping that you were already impressed and when you turned it on for the first time, seeing the colors, and hearing the hum of the blade, your eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store!  haha, that's how my first experience was as well.  It's definitely an addiction and you're already on the right track since you have another order prepped for order.  What side do you lean towards? Dark or light?

ObiWan Mickobi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 11:14:27 AM »

I am defiantly a light side. I’ve ordered a mystery box that I hope will arrive in a few days

When it gets here I will inbox it in my Jedi Costume.

Any tips on what to say as a review as the last one I was a bit overwhelmed and said nothing about the Saber.

If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can imagine.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 06:44:09 PM »

Well then, have a point and I look forward to seeing your next saber being reviewed in your costume!  I would talk about it's build quality, why you ordered that specific light saber, what you like, dislike, the electronics, how it handles, and your overall take on the saber.  You can always add little tid bits and even some history on why you're in this hobby to make it your own.  I love seeing how people use humor and different techniques in reviews but it's just me.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 07:47:27 PM »

Great review, great saber, and very much looking forward to seeing what you receive next!! Happy sabering!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 09:08:24 PM »

As far as what to say you did a find job, the video is an unboxing video not a review. Also thanks for showing the Facebook saber, I figure it was a rip off but damn!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 03:49:52 AM »

Thank you for the review and box opening. Really appreciated it and I'm sorry you had to go through that issue with the scam. But you got yourself a great saber, sounds good looks fantastic. Really really happy for you. Can't wait to see you next unboxing. Happy sabering.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »

Congrats on a great saber. Unfortunately, I also fell for the facebook scam. The geek in me couldn’t resist. Figured if i got even a halfway decent replica, I would be happy at that price. I used PP and am in the refund process now.  I got the exact same plastic saber, but mine had a bent blade and no sound when it arrived. The website was supposedly based in London and it shipped from China.  Probably drop shipping. I paid $34.99 with supposedly free shipping. And the company wants me to return the product they obviously know is a scam before i can get a refund. And even though I sent pics to PP, they said they have to represent both parties and they won’t use the pics as evidence. Never had this problem with PP. But the bad experience lead me here to a $75 mystery box. That’s the silver lining!

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

MNewell1
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 47

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »

Great Video!

I've got my first Ultrasaber coming in the mail and can't wait to open mine!

MNewell1

Sabers Owned:  Crimson Scorpion - Tri FO
                        Aeon v4 - AB
                        Dark Sentinel LE v4 - Tri AS
                        Initiate v3 - Tri CG
                        Apprentice LE v4 - Tri GB

Wish List:  Emperor's Hand - VA
                Dominix LE v4 - SRD

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 03:11:31 PM »

Congrats on a great saber. Unfortunately, I also fell for the facebook scam. The geek in me couldn’t resist. Figured if i got even a halfway decent replica, I would be happy at that price. I used PP and am in the refund process now.  I got the exact same plastic saber, but mine had a bent blade and no sound when it arrived. The website was supposedly based in London and it shipped from China.  Probably drop shipping. I paid $34.99 with supposedly free shipping. And the company wants me to return the product they obviously know is a scam before i can get a refund. And even though I sent pics to PP, they said they have to represent both parties and they won’t use the pics as evidence. Never had this problem with PP. But the bad experience lead me here to a $75 mystery box. That’s the silver lining!

Sorry that happened to you SD.  A rule of thumb is that if you see it on social once or repetitively, don't do it but sometimes things get the best of us.  Good thing is that you used PP and not a direct CC or DB for the purchase.   The bright side is that you're here and have a mystery box on the way, I look forward to seeing it.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 11:00:40 PM »

That FB purchase definitely had some red flags. The geek in me couldn’t resist. And it came along while i was shopping for lightsabers and getting ready to take the plunge. I figured I would either get something very small or a hallow hilt. But if it looked decent, I wanted to make a custom and figured that would be okay too. I was also going to keep track of the delivery and possibly make a video of the progress and unboxing. Which I did film, if anyone is interested...LOL!

The biggest red flag was when I started a FB thread to give the blow by blow of the process, stating, will I be surprised or disappointed, FB removed my thread. Even the notifications of those who responded vanished.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 06:42:52 PM »

Nice saber, big fan of the Standard Issue saber myself =] Mines Consular Green and Manticore high pommel though. Might send mine back in for a sound and led upgrade to tri-Consular Green at some point. Really looks good with the Malice round pommel though, I'm always switching between looks as well even though mines the silver hilt Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: