Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Author Topic: Summer Raffle Extravaganza ends 08/13/2018  (Read 48412 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2018, 01:25:50 PM »

It depends what you mean by saving money. Wink If you mean saving on sabers, there's no better place to do that than Ultrasabers. I guarantee you I couldn't get a hilt like the one I ordered for the raffle with the options I ordered for the price anywhere else. It's one of the "medium" priced sabers, so I was able to get premium sound, a mixed blade color, AV switch and a heavy grade blade and not clean out my bank account. Plus, if you're really strapped for cash, then there are always stunts and Lite sound. I've entered two raffles previously, both with stunts.  Cool Then there are also less expensive hilts. I was thinking of doing a Dark Liberator with V4 sound and a Tri CREE, until I realized that I could get a saber with a starting price of $159 and get that with Obsidian and some other nice features. I also skipped some features, like a charger, since I have one, as well as going with a two die color rather than a Tri, V3 sound instead of V4 and skipping flash on clash. So, it's just about knowing how to save money when ordering, and resisting the urge to check every box as far as features. Wink

As for saving money, as in setting some back for future purchases, I'm not that good that that. Plus, management where I work didn't help my raffle cause. They cut my hours a couple weeks ago, so I put in for a vacation day to offset the loss in hours. Well, they never approved the vacation day, so Thursday's paycheck was a bit lean.  Roll Eyes

I was referring to saving money in regards to daily life and the adulting aspects.  One of those scenarios where you tell yourself, ok, let’s save up for this vacation or something else but then I get on this forum and see the summer raffle or find out about flash sales and my mind is saying “oooo squirrel!”.  The next thing I know l, I’m building a saber or adding parts to my wishlist.  Haha

Your points are valid though, my builds are dependent upon the specific saber and my wants and needs.  For the most part, unlike to build them myself and there are a few things that I may need need or I have parts that I can throw in myself. This hobby is dependent on the individual and his or her finances so there’s really no wrong way of going about it

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2018, 08:52:26 PM »

I just want to say that no matter how many sabers one has and orders that one has made...  unless you are really clear on the saber or parts that you want the final decision is really difficult.   Undecided

The shock for me and other internationals is the currency conversion and shipping cost... and then custom fees and taxes.   Therefore one must choose wisely.  Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »

Oh yeah, I have to fart in my pocket so I can have a (s)cent in it.

Grin

Alright; I can do crass...lol

Point for that one. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2018, 05:28:37 AM »

Well I am in on this one with a Fulcrum, SD, and V4 sound.

Did you take advantage of the flash sale like I did with my Dark Prophecy?

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

sarge133
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2018, 06:52:18 AM »

I'm in with an Emerald Spectre

My Lightsabers:

Chosen One CE Tri-BR w/ Obsidian v4
Initiate LE v4 GB
Dominix LE v4 Tri-BR
Graflex SE v4 Tri-GB w/ Obsidian v4
Initiate v4 GB
Dark Apprentice LV v4 in GB w/ Black AV
Liberator v3 GB w/ Obsidian v4 (3rd Place Summer Raffle 2018 winner)
Specter Emerald w/ Obsidian v4

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2018, 08:44:10 AM »

Looks like the Spectre has really drummed up some good raffle business. A great marketing move US. Mine will be here Tuesday, can't wait.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

sarge133
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2018, 02:53:21 PM »

Looks like the Spectre has really drummed up some good raffle business. A great marketing move US. Mine will be here Tuesday, can't wait.

Yeah, seems like it was a great business and marketing move by US. I'll admit my purchasing one so soon was to take advantage of the 10% off and get in on my first ever raffle. So, kudos to US, well played lol.

My Lightsabers:

Chosen One CE Tri-BR w/ Obsidian v4
Initiate LE v4 GB
Dominix LE v4 Tri-BR
Graflex SE v4 Tri-GB w/ Obsidian v4
Initiate v4 GB
Dark Apprentice LV v4 in GB w/ Black AV
Liberator v3 GB w/ Obsidian v4 (3rd Place Summer Raffle 2018 winner)
Specter Emerald w/ Obsidian v4

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2018, 08:42:45 PM »

US knows how to get customers involved in events and at the same thing make money and still be able to give customers a chance for free product. Win-win siatuation for everyone

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2018, 09:56:08 PM »

Yep, US is smart like that. Their release timing usually coincides with a raffle or sale. In fact, I won't be surprised if we see some Spectres among the raffle prizes. Smiley

Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

Darkside

« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2018, 11:17:32 PM »

Got my entry in just in time. Good luck to all!

“I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you.” - Darth Zannah to her Master, Darth Bane

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2018, 12:46:40 AM »

Yep, US is smart like that. Their release timing usually coincides with a raffle or sale. In fact, I won't be surprised if we see some Spectres among the raffle prizes. Smiley

If I get to choose, oh yeah, I'm so getting a Spectre.

Tomorrow is the last day. I'm excited for the results.

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Obsidian_Grinch
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2018, 02:53:37 AM »

I'm in with a Malice. Putting a Darth Malgus cosplay together for Calgary Expo next spring (after Revan this year), and this will be the cornerstone to it. Can't wait to wield this beast!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2018, 03:11:25 AM »

Good luck to all who entered!  I'll be watching from the sidelines, remember to post pics of your prizes so those who can't enter can at least live vicariously through your winnings.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Weefirepengy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2018, 04:26:18 AM »

Does the summerraffle coupon code include all the other coupon codes as well that apply or just each one be entered individually?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2018, 04:39:37 AM »

Does the summerraffle coupon code include all the other coupon codes as well that apply or just each one be entered individually?

Hi.  Each coupon that you earn must be entered manually when you check out.  Be sure to place your forum name in the white space for order comments prior to the final stage of making your payment.

If for some reason you enter a coupon and you have not made a sufficient purchase for that level... a reminder notice will come up informing you that the coupon was deleted.  You can then go back and place more purchases in your cart and re-enter the coupon.  You will not get the coupon benefit if you forget to claim it.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: