Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: AQUAMAN - OFFICIAL TRAILER  (Read 1386 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: July 21, 2018, 09:14:31 PM »

It looks good, but so have the trailers for every DC movie recently. I'll go see it anyway purely for Momao's surfer take on the king of atlantis

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkg3h8PCVU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDkg3h8PCVU</a>

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 03:51:31 PM »

OK...   If this holds up, someone needs to sit down the DC crew and point them at this and Wonder Woman, and explain that this kind of character development is what makes a good movie.

If it holds up.

I am guardedly optimistic.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 11:00:18 PM »

OK...   If this holds up, someone needs to sit down the DC crew and point them at this and Wonder Woman, and explain that this kind of character development is what makes a good movie.

If it holds up.

I am guardedly optimistic.
"Guardedly optimistic" is how I'm feeling about the whole state of the DCEU right now.

The job of a trailer is to increase your excitement about an upcoming movie. On that level, this (and the other DC trailers) have failed. But Momoa was one of the better things about Justice League, Patrick Wilson is always great, the underwater CGI looks pretty good. And it looks like he will be talking to fish.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 02:40:18 AM »

I agree with Karm, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are where DC has nailed it. Batman and Superman are both good, but I really really don't like Flash. I have enjoyed most of the DCEU films to date, but they do need some work. Like a lot of work. I hope Aquaman is as good as it looks. Lots of things for me to be excited about in this movie. Especially Black Manta.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 02:19:28 AM »

I agree with Karm, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are where DC has nailed it.
For sure. The Wonder Woman movie is the only DC movie to date that I have loved unequivocally. And I loved Momoa's interpretation of the character in Justice League.

but I really really don't like Flash.
I much prefer Grant Gustin's version on tv rather that Ezra Miller's version in Justice League. it's so obvious they were trying to make him the Spiderman-style comic relief. But only succeeded in making him annoying.

I have enjoyed most of the DCEU films to date, but they do need some work. Like a lot of work.
None of th DC movies have been wholly terrible. All of them have had some good stuff in them. However, I agree that they need to focus on making the individual movies good and focus less on the interconnected cinematic universe part.

The more I've watched the trailer the more it's growing on me. But there is still that little voice in the back of my head saying "don't get too excited because they've let you down before".

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 10:19:10 AM »

I agree with everyone. If this movie is as good as it looks in the trailers. The folks at DC and WB needs to take note of the formula used in these movies and stop making dark/night and miserable films with bad story
Lines.  I haven’t seen a movie I disliked From Janes Wan just yet so there’s hope that this film will do good.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 09:01:18 PM »

I'm really hopeful about Aquaman because as others have said, he was definitely one of the better characters in JL, and because he's always been more of a lighter themed hero, so maybe DC is trying to move away from all the dark gritty stuff like in BvS and Suicide Squad.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:40 PM »

I'm really looking forward to Aquaman, and I'm not that big of a fan of the character. Of course, it doesn't help that I grew up watching the Super Friends, where they gave him the "talks to fish" part of his powers, but not the super strength or anything else. Roll Eyes Anyway, I think Jason Momoa is the perfect casting choice for Aquaman. He was fantastic in Justice League. Plus, I really like the look of this version of Aquaman, with the tats and armor. The trailer looks good, so I'm actually optimistic about this film.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 05:57:15 AM »

Super Friends really hurt Aquaman's character for many years...but casting Momoa I think was just trying to go to the extreme opposite.  Its no different than they gave him a bear, long hair and a spear hand in the comics to try and make him "cool".  I really don't see why he couldn't have been closer to the comics....plus it keeps us from seeing Momoa as Lobo

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: