Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy  (Read 12193 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 01:38:58 PM »

For sure, the Prophecy lends itself very well to modding. I've seen them done in Graflex and MPP style. You can even get a replica MPP clamp that will fit nicely over the 1.45" outer diameter MHS parts, like the Prophecy body, but I'm not allowed to say where. (it's a place that sells MHSV1 parts)

Good to know, I was wondering which clamp would fit the Prophecy. Point

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2018, 10:39:29 PM »

I know the place. I’ve done a lot of research in recent weeks into the sabers I want and comparisons. Ultrasabers will be pleased to know that they have most of the saber designs I want.  And a Graflex is right behind the Electrum Wind.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2018, 11:14:20 PM »

Suffice to say, I buy parts from elsewhere, but this is my favorite place for complete sabers and hilts.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2018, 11:40:15 PM »

US is my go to for sabers and it's between them and their MHS counterpart that I buy parts from.  I love the ability to buy between the two and swap parts out unlike the other guys where you have to buy their parts only.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 12:45:06 AM »

I like the pommels here better. The pommel I have on the Prophecy isn't the one I bought for it. I bought a pommel from that other supplier, but it was thinner aluminum and lighter. I also didn't like the sound vents on it, they were too small. So, I grabbed the Manticore Low Profile pommel off of my Aeon LE V4. One of these days, I need to get another one of those. For black sabers where I want a low profile pommel, I love the Emperor's Hand black pommel. That's what's on my Dark Sentinel.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 01:13:31 AM »

I like the pommels here better. The pommel I have on the Prophecy isn't the one I bought for it. I bought a pommel from that other supplier, but it was thinner aluminum and lighter. I also didn't like the sound vents on it, they were too small. So, I grabbed the Manticore Low Profile pommel off of my Aeon LE V4. One of these days, I need to get another one of those. For black sabers where I want a low profile pommel, I love the Emperor's Hand black pommel. That's what's on my Dark Sentinel.

Isn’t the EH pommel aow profile one, either way, I’ve been looking at them for quite some time. Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll have to order one.   An you show me pictures? Side, pommel end, and full saber view if possible?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2018, 12:43:52 AM »

Unfortunately, it's not so good news with this saber. I had to disassemble it last night. The board I use requires 3.4v to 5.5v power. I like to use 18650 Lithium Ion batteries. Due to their size, they last really long in these single cell setups. Unfortunately, due to their size, they also require more internal space, and the Prophecy is very limited on internal space. The entire electronics chamber stops just short of the choke point forward of the rear grip area. Add to that that the speaker holder goes down inside that area, and you're left with only a few precious inches to cram everything into. This is why the Prophecy and other V3 sabers can't have Obsidian and Emerald. There's just not enough space.

I had everything in a chassis I bought on Shapeways. The designer claimed he had used it in an Intitiate V3, but I call shenanigans on that one. (perhaps he meant V4) I had to modify it extensively and it still didn't fit well. I had to cram everything in there and force the pommel on. It was a pain in the hand. Anyway, I disassembled it last night to try another setup, and it was worse. So, it's just disassembled. I may at least put in a battery, switch and LED so that I can do my Prophecy staff idea that I have with my new one. (I tried it last night before I disassembled the saber, and it's cool)

Moving forward with electronics, I'm looking into a smaller battery configuration. With 3.4v to 5.5v to play with, I can use either a single cell Li-Ion, or 4 AAA Ni-Mh setup, which would come to 4.8v. (alkaline AAAs are too powerful) I'm actually liking the idea of getting two each of these:

https://ultrasabers.com/product/dummy-cell-14500-size/

https://ultrasabers.com/product/2x-14500-li-ion-battery-holder-speaker-combo/

That will allow me to do the board setup I want with a single 14500 battery. I'll buy two because I'll want both Prophecies to have sound, eventually. I'll have shorter battery life with the 14500, but such is life. It shouldn't be any worse than an Obsidian saber running two of those. Anyway, those are my plans moving forward with this saber.

Also, will one of the moderators please move this to the Customization sub forum? This has become an ongoing project, more than a review at this point.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2018, 12:46:51 AM »

I’m looking forward to your new setup, SFD. Keep me posted

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2018, 12:48:42 AM »

I’m looking forward to your new setup, SFD. Keep me posted

Oh, there will be updates, my friend. That's why I would like a moderator to move this to the project area. Cool

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 01:40:42 AM »

Oh, there will be updates, my friend. That's why I would like a moderator to move this to the project area. Cool

I look forward to it

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 02:14:02 AM »

Done.  Smiley

Just watched your video... really like what you installed so it's a shame to have to gut this saber.  Undecided

point  Cool

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 04:30:00 AM »

Thanks as always, D7.

it's a shame to have to gut this saber.  Undecided

It's just one of those things that happens in saber building. Things never go as planned. I didn't realize when I decided to do my usual battery setup that it would be an issue in the hilt, because I've only done installs on V4 Ultrasabers, which have more room, and one MHS Ultrasaber, which has lots of room. But, live and learn. Like I said, I have a plan for the sabers, I just need funds. In the meantime, I have a plan for the gutted electronics. The board, battery and speaker are going to find a home in my Dominix LE V4. It's primed and ready to go, and I have a momentary guarded switch and and LED, so it's go time. I'm probably going to grab some food first, though. I also have a headache I'm wanting to get rid of.

In the meantime: It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a... stunt saber!

The LED is still wired for FoC, so I twisted the FoC and main wires together and soldered them to a common negative going back to the battery. The result is kind of a frost blue. It's not quite Arctic blue, because there's no green in it, so it's even more pale. But, I like it. Fortunately, I had a couple 16mm silver latching AV switches laying around, and a black one. I messed up one of the silver ones, so I had to switch to the other. But, it's all good. The battery is an 18650 in a simple holder I got off of Ebay. Ironically, it's the holder that the chassis I ordered was designed to work with. And, I slapped an Aeon V3 pommel on it since the pommel that came with it is on my Dark Standard issue, and has been appropriately scuffed to match the treatment I gave the hilt.

And, I have twins, almost:

Aside from one being light blue and the other being green, the other main difference is the pommel. However, there's an interesting difference as well, that was done long before either saber went to assembly. Note the differences in the lower shine through hole locations:

Anyway, I found that interesting. That's all I have for now.

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 12:01:55 PM »

Very nice setup with the pair. I have only had one prophecy and ended up melting most of it in acid trying to etch it. Oh well live and learn, I will get a new one in the future.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 12:08:06 PM »

Lovey Prophecies you have there, SFD. I Do like what you did to the blue one and the two emitter windows on it looks great while the green one only has one which is interesting.  I’ve always wanted 2 Prophecies as well and I look forward to seeing what your new plans are going to be for them. Point

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 07:44:14 AM »

Have you considered snipping off the legs of some green or red 3mm LEDs and glueing the LED bodies into those window holes?
Especially as you main LED contains white, such 'dead' LEDs should still light up quite nice...

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: