Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy  (Read 12287 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 12:31:28 PM »

Have you considered snipping off the legs of some green or red 3mm LEDs and glueing the LED bodies into those window holes?
Especially as you main LED contains white, such 'dead' LEDs should still light up quite nice...

Nope, I haven't considered it. The color configuration on the blue one is temporary. When I put sound back in it, it will be straight blue again.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 11:42:51 PM »

Have you considered snipping off the legs of some green or red 3mm LEDs and glueing the LED bodies into those window holes?
Especially as you main LED contains white, such 'dead' LEDs should still light up quite nice...

I'm actually thinking more and more about this idea, and how I have 7 of the T-track grips and a D-ring from a Luke kit. I'm thinking I can do the blue one AOTC style and get it pretty close. I know where I can score a replica clamp that will fit nicely over the MHS body size.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2018, 11:45:29 PM »

I'm actually thinking more and more about this idea, and how I have 7 of the T-track grips and a D-ring from a Luke kit. I'm thinking I can do the blue one AOTC style and get it pretty close. I know where I can score a replica clamp that will fit nicely over the MHS body size.

I look forward to seeing this if you’re going to do it

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2018, 12:05:28 AM »

It's more a question of when than if. Smiley

Since this is the new plan, I'm just going to leave the green Prophecy how it is, as a stunt with the Tri CG setup. It will be my spinner and just plain fun Prophecy, while the blue one will be the display (and still fun) Prophecy. It's going to get sound, of course.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2018, 12:18:35 AM »

It's more a question of when than if. Smiley

Since this is the new plan, I'm just going to leave the green Prophecy how it is, as a stunt with the Tri CG setup. It will be my spinner and just plain fun Prophecy, while the blue one will be the display (and still fun) Prophecy. It's going to get sound, of course.

Can’t wait!

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2018, 07:43:25 AM »

Yay, I made it! I infected you with an idea I'm pondering about for years Grin

Looking forward to see the results Wink

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2018, 11:04:57 AM »

Yay, I made it! I infected you with an idea I'm pondering about for years Grin

Looking forward to see the results Wink

Point for you, Greywolf for doing so.  I too can't wait to see the outcome

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »

I can't believe that I'm just now seeing/reading this thread.  SFD, you do incredible work!  Like everyone else has said: looking forward to future mods!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2019, 01:15:45 PM »

So, I did a thing.

If people are interested, I'll do a video later. If not, that's less work for me. Wink

It's installed with the GGW Tri Cree it always had, but now it has an Obsidian V4 installed as well. The fonts are all purchased Graflex inspired fonts.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2019, 04:30:54 PM »

That AV and d-ring are new to my eye as well, and nice one with the grips. I suppose it looks odd with those beside the concave points and you went over them instead(?)

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2019, 08:09:48 PM »

I like what you did with the Prophecy. Point to you. Inspiring.

I just think the emitter shroud should be reversed, or the switch in line with the blade retention thumb screws.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2019, 05:53:20 PM »

Thanks guys. Smiley Now that I'm not super tired, I'll go into detail about what I did.

You're right, Haz. I added the grips over the concave parts of the hilt. The grips are the hard plastic ones, and they had pegs on the back that go into holes on the hilt kit they came with. In order for them to sit flush to the hilt, I had to remove said pegs. Fortunately, I had an extra grip, so I experimented on how best to do this. After some false starts, I changed tips on my soldering iron and melted the pegs, then trimmed off what was left with a razor. After that, they sat flush. I eyeballed the alignment, so a couple of them are a bit crooked, but that's OK. They're adhesive backed and, once you get them down, they're pretty permanent.

The grips are too close together to get the Covertec on without further modifying them, but that's OK because I also had the D-ring with that kit, (these were spare parts for different configurations) and a pommel with an insert with round holes in it, as well as some machine screws, nuts and washers I bought at work. I drilled the center hole out to fit the screw, then put on the D-ring with a screw and backed it with a washer and two nuts, to make sure it's secure. The D-Ring does mostly cover the sound holes, but it's OK. I can still hear the sound, it's just not my loudest saber by any means.

The switch is one I bought elsewhere. It's a little domed AV. Since it's domed, it's easier to accidentally hit it than the flat ones that Ultrasabers uses (and I use) but that's OK. I like how it looks. I considered putting the blue one I had originally back in, but that just didn't look right to me with the camera flash inspiration.

The alignment would indeed be cool if the switch was at a 90 degree angle to the shroud, but it's currently in Anakin AOTC style, which I actually like. One of these days, I need to get myself an Ultrasabers Graflex. My buddy Haz told me a good way to remove the buttons without melting them (like I did on my Lost Gray) so I'm no longer worried about disassembling the hilt and messing those up.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2019, 03:55:21 AM »

Grips might be a bit thick for my taste, but the look definitely works

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2019, 03:58:35 AM »

Thanks Therion. Yeah, they're definitely thick. I have long fingers, and my thumb barely overlaps the fingernail on my forefinger when I hold it around the grips.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2019, 04:05:04 AM »

Thanks Therion. Yeah, they're definitely thick. I have long fingers, and my thumb barely overlaps the fingernail on my forefinger when I hold it around the grips.
SOunds almost like my grip on a Butcher

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: