Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Battery Configuration and Recharge Port Confusion...  (Read 1214 times)
iLexy3
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 26, 2018, 04:44:23 AM »

So, under the Battery Configuration page it offers getting a charger with the batteries... Then I clicked next and it took me to the Recharge Port page where it once again offers getting a charger with the recharge port... So... I'm confused... Are they two different chargers that are both needed for two separate things? Or is the charger from the Battery Configuration page only needed if you don't have the recharge port, and the charger from the Recharge Port page only needed if you get the recharge port? Because I don't really understand how this all works... I looked at all the videos, read about it and I still don't know if you need the first charger with a recharge port or not.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 08:42:18 AM »

The one on the battery configuration page is for taking the batteries out of the saber and charging them in the charger. This is useful if you don't have a recharge port. However, if you opt to have them install a recharge port, you'll get a charger that plugs into the saber so that you don't have to take the batteries out to charge them. I'm unsure if you get both chargers when you opt for this option, or if you get the one that plugs into the saber in lieu of the other.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 02:24:23 AM »

What scfidude said is true. But you can still use both charges. You can always have another set of batteries (good to have at least one extra pair) that you use the battery charger for. While the charger you plug into the saber you use to charge without removing the batteries. The extra pair is good to have for a hot swap, changing the batteries without having to wait for them to be charged.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

iLexy3
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 12:31:02 AM »

Thank you both for your help. Smiley

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »

Having bought two Diamond Sabers, I puzzled over this for a bit too.

The charger for the recharge port, and the one for just the batteries are indeed different, and I'd recommend getting both as well as a second (and maybe third) set of Trustfire or Xtar batteries through US when you get your saber. Selecting both chargers does indeed get you both. While both aren't technically necessary, having additional batteries available for hot-swap is great, especially if you plan on having the saber on for hours, such as for a con.

The charging port is also great if you plan on wall-mounting the saber, as you can just leave it plugged in and power the saber through the port, giving you the worlds coolest night light.

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »

If you select both the recharge port and the external charger, you'll receive both from my experience.  It's good to have for cons and dueling like VaporTrail has mentioned.   AT the end of the day, it's all up to you and how you want to charge the batteries.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 07:32:09 PM »

2 reasons to have both a external charger and a charging port;

1) external charger allows you to keep a spare set charging for swift replacement of exhausted batteries to keep using the saber for extended periods, say at a convention, during events, exhibitions, parties, etc.

2) charge port allows you to keep the batteries topped up in the saber if it's not going to be used for a while, or if you have the time (overnight, for example), to trickle charge the batteries to fully charge them up while not in use.

Both types have their pluses and minuses; external charger means you remove the batteries from the saber, which puts wear and tear on the wires in the hilt, but allows instant use if you purchase spare batteries to have on hand, or if no spares, ease of mind that the batteries are in a stand alone charger; charge port allows you to keep the batteries in the hilt, but takes the saber out of play while the batteries charge.

The majority of my sabers do not have charge ports, but 2 do. I also, do not keep batteries in my sabers when they aren't used for more than a week. That's just my preference.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 07:43:54 PM »

Hi.  Also a reminder to those that may have other guys recharge chargers that they should not be used as likely will be the wrong voltage or not connect securely/flush to the internal contact pin.  TCSS does sell one that can be used for US sabers that has voltage options.  Not sure if a smart rcp charger exists that just figures it out.  Smiley

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 02:47:00 AM »

Agreed Dauntless. I have yet to use my recharge port on my Manticore, since I prefer to use my XTAR VC2 plus purchased from UltraSabers. The 14500's are overcharged protected, but it doesn't hurt to hedge your bets by using US chargers.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2018, 03:35:48 AM »

We had one lovely short time member who got both the rcp and simple battery chargers that were being used at that time.  Somehow he over and over wall plug connected his saber incorrectly using parts from both.  We got him to show us photos and sent back more pics of what the cords/parts for each complete unit should look like.  Racona and I were determined to help him get it right... but it was a long struggle.  In the end all was well with no toasted sound board or LED lol.  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: