Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash On Clash and Pulse Mode  (Read 1080 times)
iLexy3
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: July 26, 2018, 05:21:17 AM »

So... I'm constructing my very first lightsaber. If I decide to add Flash On Clash in a certain color, and I decide later on I don't like it flashing in that color, can I change the color of the flash myself?... and if I were to decide I don't like the whole Flash On Clash effect altogether, can I completely get rid of the flash myself? I also have this same question about Pulse Mode... if I select to make it pulse, lets say between two different kind of blues, and I decide I don't like it pulsating altogether, can I get rid of that myself? Or if I like that it pulses, but I don't like the way it's pulsating or don't like the speed in which it's pulsating, can I tweak it? If the answer is yes, I can possibly figure out how to do all those changes on my own... That part isn't the problem. The problem for me is just not knowing for sure how temporary or permanent selecting some of these choices are, whether I should select certain things or not because I'm buying and constructing my lightsaber for the first time, so I don't really know how well or how bad some of these effects look in person, and this turned out to be a lot more complicated than I expected. I didn't realize there were so many options, and the only reason why I'm having trouble making decisions is because I don't want to make a choice I end up not liking, and it can't be undone, or the choice turns out to be hard to change. I saw some videos where people changed color values and led intensity values to sabers that didn't have the pulse on it to begin with, to make it look like it was pulsating, and they looked way better than the sabers that came with a pulse already... Is it easier to do it that way? Is it easier to change values to a saber that has no pulse? I haven't seen any youtube videos showing people how to change it when it already has a pulse... So I don't know if it having that feature on it already means I can't change the speed of it or get rid of it. If you can change those things, I don't know if the process of changing those things are the same, or different from the method they used to make it flicker on a saber that had no pulse, because I can't find any videos on it. For those of you who are experienced, please help explain all this to me.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 08:22:22 AM »

What do you mean by constructing? Using the store to buy a pre-built saber to your specifications or building your own from parts?

If you're customizing one for them to build for you, then the answer is yes to both questions, if you buy an Emerald or Diamond board. Emerald or Diamond are the only two with the pulse mode, and you can not only specify the color using the software, you can turn both features on or off. With just Obsidian, either Lite, V3 or V4, there's no pulse, and Flash on Clash is controlled by a wire going between the board and LED. Unwiring the Flash on Clash is the only way to deactivate it.

iLexy3
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 12:26:42 AM »

Thank you so much. When I said constructing, I did mean from the website, not constructing it myself so you did answer most of my questions. I'm getting the Diamond saber. Am I unable to change the Flash On Clash color if I don't like it and want to change the flash to another color? When you said you can change the color, I wasn't clear on if you were answering that for both the Pulse Mode and Flash On Clash, or if you were answering for just Pulse Mode alone.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 07:59:17 PM »

Sorry, I'll be more clear. Yes, Diamond allows you full control. You can set different colors for both pulse and flash. I believe you can even have different settings for the different fonts.

iLexy3
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 05:35:53 AM »

That's okay. Thank you so much once again. Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 11:51:39 AM »

sf79 is totally right. Diamond lets you change colours on Flash on Clash and Pulse Mode, and you can even disable Flash on Clash or Pulse completely if you want to. It's the ultimate saber controller, combining features from the Obsidian v4 and Emerald as well as adding some new features that are not included in either board.

Your colour choice when ordering is just for the technician so that he can set up your saber. Once you get it and connect it to the computer, you can change all settings that you don't like.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: