Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Liberator Question  (Read 1600 times)
Obi-Wan Shinobi
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: January 20, 2011, 10:42:13 PM »

Hey all,

i'm looking to buy my first saber and have completely fallen in love with the liberator, as i'm a swift dueller and value comfort this saber design seems perfect. I read some reviews about the liberator on the forum to get a better idea if it's the right choice; so far i'm still set on getting the liberator but I do have one worry, some people have said that their blade tends to wobble around with a mid grade blade in the emitter, this is only a slight issue but it still would grind on my nerves a bit if i'm honest, I was thinking about getting an ultra edge blade and was hoping to get a response from anyone who have a liberator with an ultra edge blade and if it wobbles or not.

thanks a lot Smiley

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:01:06 PM »

As long as the blade retention screw is tight enough, you should have no wobble. The pressure of the screw takes care of that.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 01:01:05 AM »

I've also heard of this. I've also heard that some people fix this by wrapping some tape in the area where the screw contacts the blade.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 03:30:02 AM »

I've personally never experienced this issue with any of my personal Liberators, so it's likely isolated to some blades that were out of spec.  A fraction of a millimeter's difference is all it takes to make a blade seem "wobbly".  Like others have said, some masking tape on the base of the blade can help tighten things up.

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:53:53 AM »

my liberator has a regular ultra edge in it, ehh, its not bad. it all depends on how you tighten it. i dont duel with my ultra edge to keep the blade nice for pictures and stunts, until i get another one for dueling, but when i have it in, sometimes its not gonna move no matter what, others its a very slight flex, so it just depends

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

Onli-Won Kanomi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

Jedi Knight Of Faith

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 09:24:31 AM »

My Liberator doesnt wobble at all with my Ultraedge that came with it nor with any of my other Ultrasabers blades including midgrade, heavy or apprentice...and as you say its a super comfortable design...I love my Liberator and expect you will too.

plain Stunt [Guardian Blue]
gold Minilord [Adegan Silver]
purple Minilord [Fire Orange]
Initiate v1 DIY [Fire Orange]
Wraith v1 [Fire Orange]
Wraith LE [Sunrider's Destiny]
Dark Apprentice [Blazing Red]
The Overlord [SRD]
Liberator v2 [Violet Amethyst]
Shock LE DIY [under construction]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print