Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber Sounds  (Read 6904 times)
Ailric of KOTOR
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 9

« on: November 22, 2011, 12:32:45 AM »

Have any of you watched the past Clone Wars episode where General Pong Krell fought against Rex & the clones?
If so, did you notice the sounds of his lightsabers? They make a unique sound in the hum, especially the twirl, clash & slash.
The twirl seems to have a deep lightsaber mixed with helicopter blades type of sound.
My first thought was a bit similar to Blackout, the Decepticon helicopter in the first Transformers Movie.
My point is this, they are unique & interesting saber sounds & maybe somewhere down the road can be added to the Obsidian sound fonts.
In case you havent seen it, here it is.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBbaqpHjl4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBbaqpHjl4</a>

I am a Jedi of the Grey.
Neither Light nor Dark, but that which lies in between.
We are the balance, where one meets the other.
Using powers from both sides, We have our own code.
I will do what I must and use my powers how I see fit.
I am, a Jedi of the Grey.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »

Sorry For The Off Topic Chatter...

But I Had To Say... I HATE THIS GUY!!!

I'm A Sith For Frickin Sakes...

(So This Guy Is Sort Of Playing For My Team... Though He Is No Sith... Only A Pathetic Dark Jedi... Only Worthy To Be Used As A Pawn...)

But Even I (A Sith)!!!!! HATE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Wanted To See Anakin Come Back and Kick His Sorry Ass Back To Whatever Planet He Comes From... After Separating Him From His Twisted Ambitions That Is... (By Removing His Head...)

I May Not Agree With Jedi Philosophy... But At Least I Can Respect A Jedi (Such As Obi-Wan Kenobi)... There Is Nothing To Be Respected About This Filthy Creature... Only Reviled and Exterminated...

(Even We Sith Don't Kill Without Purpose or Reason... This Abomination of The Force Killed Completely Without Reason or Purpose, It Was Nothing But Senseless Murder... Makes Me Sick...)

(Not Even This Guy Times Infinity Would Equal One Clone Life...)

(I Didn't Hate Dogma For The One Second Where He Put A Blaster Bolt Through That Sickening Meat Sack...)

Way To Not Totally Suck As A Character Dogma Wink!!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:43:01 AM by Darth Wraith » Logged

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:17 AM »

I gotta say, it was pretty cool seeing the clones take care of business without Jedi assistance.  Although you're right Wraith, it would've been awesome to see Anakin take that guy out!

I agree about his sabers though, very unique sounds.  Definitely something you guys could look into for custom saber sounds Wink

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 06:59:55 AM »

Yeah, Krell's a douche.

But yeah, I also noticed the extremely unique sounds coming from his sabers. DEFINITELY a cool sound font idea.

Dave of the Sith
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -44

NO ONE GETS THE DROP ON THE MONARCH!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »

I would love to have that sound for my saber. It'd be perfect for my upcoming War Glave staff. Please post if and when you get it up and running.

War Glave Custom w/Quick Disconnect
Arbiter Custom now with Quick Disconnect
Blazing Red, Violet Amethyst, Arctic Blue
Twin Monarchs w/ Silver FoC and red AV
Blazing Red Silver finish
FEEL THE WRATH OF THE MONARCH!!
Episode III Sidious sound
Episode V sound
OBSIDIAN ALL THE WAY, BABY!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 01:49:09 AM »

I hated this guy too!!! He was such an a hole. I was so happy he died, though his sabers do make some awesome sounds. The clones kicked his ass!

Goldleader
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 124

I am a humble student of the force

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 03:36:43 AM »

yes!! this would make an amazing obsidian sound! and i freakin love blackout.. my favorite evil transformer in the first movie, itd be cool to have his gun as a lightsaber power up sound!
 and off topic again sorry.. but to me the lightsaber battles.. they just lack fluency, like if you watch the movies, its continuous and flowing, even in the cartoon clone wars series. the one before this new animated series. they are just to blocky i guess:P too much swing*one *two pause............swing *one *two jump,

understanding it being a cartoon and all with a different style to it, and i love the stories,but i just think for star wars,  fights need to be more fluent and natural,

))]____o_))))))|_]=[|                               )

My Collection:
Savior/Obsidian
Archon/Obsidian
Arbiter/Obsidian
Bellicose/Obsidian
...and a whole lot of stunts...

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 03:54:41 AM »

yes!! this would make an amazing obsidian sound! and i freakin love blackout.. my favorite evil transformer in the first movie, itd be cool to have his gun as a lightsaber power up sound!
 and off topic again sorry.. but to me the lightsaber battles.. they just lack fluency, like if you watch the movies, its continuous and flowing, even in the cartoon clone wars series. the one before this new animated series. they are just to blocky i guess:P too much swing*one *two pause............swing *one *two jump,

understanding it being a cartoon and all with a different style to it, and i love the stories,but i just think for star wars,  fights need to be more fluent and natural,

I would agree about the "blocky" duels.. but only in the actual 3D animated clone wars movie that came out. I actually think they have gotten better in the actual series, and I love the fact that they have introduced so many new fighting styles into the series

ex : Krell and his saber staffs, Ahsoka duel wielding (the shoto is really cool!), Also master Sinube and with his "saber cane" kicked some ass too lol

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:55:58 AM »

s a side note , durring the SWTOR beta i had a Sith Marauder with dual sabers , each saber had different sounds , thought that was pretty sweet!

dark side points please

BlessedWrath
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

Whipmaker, maillesmith, writer, gamer.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »

I had previously thought about dual-wielding saber staves (years ago) but could never work up the money. The problem I face in practicality is that the human wrist isn't exactly made for that sort of thing. I don't think you'd ever get enough leverage for a "good" strike (at least, not in the lower portion of the staff).

Then again, the lightsaber isn't exactly a traditional weapon. It is supposed to be able to cut without leverage. Merely touching the target will cause damage. So, for real-life dueling purposes, a short saber staff in each hand could present problems, but theoretically is possible.

I actually loved that fight. Krell seemed so in tune with his power and fighting style that I found myself wanting to learn it. I'm writing a tabletop adventure game which includes a character class that fights in a very similar style, albeit primarily with short, single-bladed weapons. The Blade Dancer is shown beautifully in this clip, whether the writers of the cartoon meant it or not.

Maybe, some day, off in the distant future, I'll get my custom saber short-staves. For now I'll rely on the "traditional" kendo form shown by Kenobi in the original trilogy. Hey, if it was good enough to fend of Darth Vader, it's good enough for me.

It is said that energy itself is derived from the interactions between positively and negatively charged particles. The Force, composed of energy and governed by it, is no different. Light or Dark, deny either side and argue against the nature of the whole. Your words cannot split the Universe.

Darth Sabre
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -216

TPLA Knight instructor

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »

Just in case ...

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11530.0

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 08:03:10 PM »

Tehe, better late than never.  Cheesy

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: