Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Spectre  (Read 395498 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2018, 05:25:23 AM »

I feel the same way about the engraving on my reapers, I'm going to have to get my hands on a Spectre at the US booth during the upcoming Fandemic con here in Houston.  Can't wait to see it up close and handle that bad boy.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Fineadditionlocated
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2018, 01:15:05 AM »

What is the inspired source of the Spectre?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2018, 01:18:37 AM »

Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars: Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kanan_Jarrus

His ship is the Ghost, and Spectre is a play on that name.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2018, 02:01:44 AM »

Kanan Jarrus from Star Wars: Rebels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kanan_Jarrus

His ship is the Ghost, and Spectre is a play on that name.

In addition, Kanan's call sign is "Spectre-1". Interesting that Hera is really the leader of the cell, but that he's #1 to confuse who the leader is, at least that's what I've read.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2018, 02:18:16 AM »

Ah yes, I forgot they used the Spectre call signs.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2018, 12:54:55 AM »

I did get my hands on the Spectre at the US booth today, the engraving on the hilt feels even better than I thought, very intricate and unique tactile experience.  Also the hilt is not as heavy as expected and is comfortable as both a single and double handed saber.  Seeing various ones up close, I prefer the windowed and etched versions over any of the other variants.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2018, 01:26:08 AM »

I did get my hands on the Spectre at the US booth today, the engraving on the hilt feels even better than I thought, very intricate and unique tactile experience.  Also the hilt is not as heavy as expected and is comfortable as both a single and double handed saber.  See various ones up close, I prefer the windowed and etched versions over any of the other variants.

Glad to hear it isn't so heavy, watching the first unveiling video I thought it was a prime contender for their heaviest hilt. It just looks so meaty.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2018, 01:28:20 AM »

I like the windowed emitter and I like the look of the etched body but I wouldn't own it in the etched body, just the windowed emitter.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2018, 02:03:11 AM »

For those of you who've held and Emperor's hand. Remember when you first saw it and you thought that is a really large beefy looking saber? You thought it would have quite a bit of heft to it and it turned out, it was very lightweight and evenly balanced. The Spectre is the same. Looks like a beast, handles like a dream. And there's almost no real weight to it. Well, actually enough to make you feel like you're holding a saber without having to work too hard to wield a saber. Stop considering it and go for it. You WILL BE HAPPY WITH IT.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2018, 02:08:52 AM »

Glad to hear it isn't so heavy, watching the first unveiling video I thought it was a prime contender for their heaviest hilt. It just looks so meaty.

Yeah it is nowhere near the weight of a Mantis or Malice those are some monsters (but I do like them), I think it is around the same weight class as a Guardian or Emperor's hand.  To me it is a comfortable weight that gives that real weapon feel like my Reaper.  Of course blade grade and length can vary how it overall feels.  I think I would personally go with a midgrade 32" blade for a Spectre but that is just me.

HA, Malik I was just writing this response when I saw yours, I agree completely very similar to the Emperor's hand type with this Spectre!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2018, 11:14:45 AM »

I think it is around the same weight class as a Guardian or Emperor's hand.

Good to know, Edon.  Thanks for the comparison, I have an EH so it gives me a good feel for the weight of the Spectre. Point.

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2018, 12:41:27 PM »

Here is my custom painted Spectre, I really love this saber it is well balanced and feels great in the hand.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2018, 01:03:46 PM »

Well done TR, I have to ask, how did you get that shroud off? The only way I see is to somehow remove the electrical pins. Any suggestions on how to do it? -1

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »

I keep coming back to look at that lovely weathered black look with the FO peeping through the windows, have another point TR.

Stone37
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 82

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2018, 06:43:08 PM »

I actually weigh the Spectre and compare its weight to other popular US sabers in my video review of it:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39585.0

Compared to many of the US sabers, this thing is a beast and is twice as heavy as the Prophecy for example.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: