Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Spectre  (Read 395023 times)
naeblis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -34

« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2018, 06:51:15 PM »

I actually weigh the Spectre and compare it weight to other popular US sabers in my video review of it:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39585.0

Compared to many of the US sabers, this thing is a beast and is twice as heavy as the Prophecy for example.
  The prophecy is considerably smaller, though...so that makes sense.  I have the Dark Prophecy, and there is quite a bit of difference in overall feel.  I used to fight with broadswords so the overall feel of the Spectre is really good for me....Emperor's hand as well. 

Sabers: Dark Prophecy v3 - Diamond                         Wishlist:   Dark Omen
            Aeon v4 - Obsidian v4
            Fulcrum - Diamond
            Graflex - Obsidian Lite
            Emperor's Hand - Diamond
            Spectre - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate - Obsidian v4
            Savior - Obsidian v4
            Butcher - Emerald / Obsidian v
            Lost Gray - Diamond
            Guardian - Obsidian v4
            Grand Master - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate

Stone37
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 82

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:33 PM »

The prophecy is considerably smaller, though...so that makes sense.  I have the Dark Prophecy, and there is quite a bit of difference in overall feel.  I used to fight with broadswords so the overall feel of the Spectre is really good for me....Emperor's hand as well. 

I agree! I have practiced and competed in Iaido for over 20 years. The Katana is lighter than an English broadsword, but is still has very real weight to it. This is what I love about the Spectre. It has the weight of an actual sword.

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2018, 07:06:35 PM »

After seeing one a few of the first videos on it, I was expecting it to be too big, but I am perfectly happy with the Spectre. We got 2 one with the etching for myself and my son has one in the black. They're both beautiful.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2018, 11:54:32 PM »

Well done TR, I have to ask, how did you get that shroud off? The only way I see is to somehow remove the electrical pins. Any suggestions on how to do it? -1

The electrical pins are pressure fit into the hilt. To remove them I heated up the hilt so that the aluminum would expand more than a Pin. Then worked the pin out  I will be putting it back in the same way.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2018, 12:14:06 AM »

Very interesting and informative, I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend. Thanks for the advice -1

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2018, 01:16:21 AM »

Yeah it is nowhere near the weight of a Mantis or Malice those are some monsters (but I do like them), I think it is around the same weight class as a Guardian or Emperor's hand.  To me it is a comfortable weight that gives that real weapon feel like my Reaper.  Of course blade grade and length can vary how it overall feels.  I think I would personally go with a midgrade 32" blade for a Spectre but that is just me.

HA, Malik I was just writing this response when I saw yours, I agree completely very similar to the Emperor's hand type with this Spectre!

yes, I own the malice and everyone in group calls it "the beast" mantis don't compare in weight. so still heavy weight champ the Malice! lol

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Chance
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2018, 04:04:27 AM »

I really want this to be my next saber..... Gorgeous.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2018, 05:09:57 AM »

A big shout out to you guys who've given quality feedback about this lightsaber - size, weight, and usability. And backed by some training and experience with other weapons. Kudos to you guys and thanks.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #113 on: September 26, 2018, 06:15:22 AM »

Just a thought on the product, when you think of the Spectre what color blade comes to mind?

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2018, 11:17:54 AM »

Just a thought on the product, when you think of the Spectre what color blade comes to mind?

Just for me, it's either AB or SY when I think of the Spectre.  How about yourself, Kazuto?

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2018, 03:29:45 PM »

I got it in SRD with AB FOC with V4 sound on my wishlist.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2018, 03:34:29 PM »

I got it in SRD with AB FOC with V4 sound on my wishlist.

SRD with AB FoC is one of my favorite combos. I look forward to seeing it when you buy it.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2018, 05:56:13 PM »

Just for me, it's either AB or SY when I think of the Spectre.  How about yourself, Kazuto?
I was thinking DVA, or SY but I haven't been sure, I'm saving SB for my butcher cause I think the blue and silver one with AB would be very Ravenclawy.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »

My Spectre is in DVA, and I have to say, it is pretty cool. With a 32 in blade, it is perfectly balanced. It's also very comfortable to spin and wield,  especially when I use a heavier strike against an opponent. I do feel like I have a real sword in my hands. If you're thinking about getting it, stop thinking about it and go for it.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »

I picked one of these up at DragonCon this year and will say I was pleasantly surprised that it was not as bulky as it seems to be in online pics.  I went with the basic, no windows or tech engravings, with my first every Arctic Blue blade with silver FOC.  The tech engraving was just too aggressive for my taste, but I absolutely love this hilt.  As stated earlier, this does feel like somewhat of a sword in the hands and the handguard is a nice addition.  I also was fortunate enough to get the angled box activation switch and not the square.  This was a purchase I did not think I was going to make until I saw it.  It did not have a recharge port, which I still want, so I will have to send it back in.  I did LOVE that this came with both a D-ring and cover-tech wheel on the hilt.  This saber could absolutely be Jedi or Sith easily.  I love my set-up and I love the plain black grip area of the hilt as well.  Sometimes plain is just fine.  This is a awesome lightsaber that I will highly recommend that you get, you will NOT regret it that is for sure!

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA