Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: VENOM - OFFICIAL TRAILER No. 2  (Read 2191 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: July 31, 2018, 02:49:38 PM »

This has parts that look really good, along with some parts that remind of bad parts of Spiderman 3. Doesn't look awful though.

http://youtu.be/xLCn88bfW1o

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 03:35:55 PM »

I'm a very big Venom fan.  I've been in "wait and see" mode since they showed the first trailer.  It still hasn't blown me away, but I'm trying to tell myself at least it's happening.  I will get to see a modern Venom movie that doesn't involve Topher Grace.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »

Looking good, this is better than the first trailer which was more of a teaser than anything.  Hopefully, they do Venom justice this time around.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »

I agree with Sam, still didn't blow me away. But I will see it and hopefully it will be better then I think it will.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »

I want to add I’ve still not watched any of the MCU movies since the Avengers, so the fact it’s out there on it’s own actually makes it more appealing to me.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 09:54:07 PM »

was that....Carnage?   Call me what you wish but no matter how good it looks...removing it from the Spider-Man universe just kills it for me

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 09:55:07 PM »

was that....Carnage?   Call me what you wish but no matter how good it looks...removing it from the Spider-Man universe just kills it for me

That’s Riot I believe.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 10:07:51 PM »

I'm actually not hating the way this looks. It looks like it could have a pretty strong story, and the fight between Eddie Brock and the Symbiote looks legit, then he seems to embrace it. Of course, it helps that Tom Hardy is a really good actor. I'm personally not unhappy that this doesn't take place within the Spider-verse, I think Venom is a strong enough character to carry the film on his own. The only issue is how many casual fans will know of the character other than that thing they did in Spider-Man 3. But, I think this could be a good film. Not blowing me away by any means, but it looks pretty solid.

Probably my biggest issue with how Venom looks is the lack of a giant white spider on his torso. Otherwise, I think they nailed the look of the character. I particularly like how he looks wet, which would be right given that the Symbiote is fluid-ish.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »

My two pennys, I will go to the theater to see this. The two trailers have convinced me enough to spend my hard earned dollars on tickets.

Will this movie be perfect? No. Will it suck? I really hope not.

While the movie market seems to become oversaturated with comic book related movies, I am okay with it. I enjoy seeing characters I read about on the big screen. And as long as I am entertained, I will enjoy this movie.

I still wish Spider-Man is involved, somehow.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 11:20:32 AM »

I'm actually not hating the way this looks. It looks like it could have a pretty strong story, and the fight between Eddie Brock and the Symbiote looks legit, then he seems to embrace it. Of course, it helps that Tom Hardy is a really good actor. I'm personally not unhappy that this doesn't take place within the Spider-verse, I think Venom is a strong enough character to carry the film on his own. The only issue is how many casual fans will know of the character other than that thing they did in Spider-Man 3. But, I think this could be a good film. Not blowing me away by any means, but it looks pretty solid.

Probably my biggest issue with how Venom looks is the lack of a giant white spider on his torso. Otherwise, I think they nailed the look of the character. I particularly like how he looks wet, which would be right given that the Symbiote is fluid-ish.

Agreed, they did everything right with how Venom looks and even got the 'eyes' correct this time around but the lack of the spider is the icing on the cake that he isn't in the Spidey-Universe. 

My two pennys, I will go to the theater to see this. The two trailers have convinced me enough to spend my hard earned dollars on tickets.

Will this movie be perfect? No. Will it suck? I really hope not.

While the movie market seems to become oversaturated with comic book related movies, I am okay with it. I enjoy seeing characters I read about on the big screen. And as long as I am entertained, I will enjoy this movie.

I still wish Spider-Man is involved, somehow.

I've read that Spiderman is supposed to have a small cameo but that was mainly rumored so take it with a grain of salt, everything's speculation until it's on the big screen.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 01:27:43 AM »

As of right now, this movie is completely separate from the MCU, and thus Spider-Man. Tom Hardy however has stated that he'd love his Venom to go up against Tom Holland's Spider-Man, so we may yet get a chance to see the two in action.

As for the movie, a lot of people are dissing the "Like a turd, in the wind." line, but honestly, I am completely fine with it. For me personally, I see a chance they had to use language, and the DIDN'T. That give me a lot of respect for the writers/directors of the movie. Yes, I know they can change it in the actual film, but I don't think they will.

Plus this movie just looks like it is going to be awesome (Tom Hardy). I will definitely give it a watch.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 12:22:53 PM »

The licensing surrounding Spider-Man is very weird right now. As far as I know, Sony still has film rights to Spider-Man, thus being able to do a Venom movie at all. However, Disney/Marvel got partial rights back by entering into some kind of agreement with Sony, that's how Spider-Man has been in two of their movies, and Iron Man was in Homecoming. So, it's possible that Sony may still be able to use Spider-Man in the Venom movie, if they so chose. However, I don't think that's a route they're going.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 12:40:40 PM »

The licensing surrounding Spider-Man is very weird right now. As far as I know, Sony still has film rights to Spider-Man, thus being able to do a Venom movie at all. However, Disney/Marvel got partial rights back by entering into some kind of agreement with Sony, that's how Spider-Man has been in two of their movies, and Iron Man was in Homecoming. So, it's possible that Sony may still be able to use Spider-Man in the Venom movie, if they so chose. However, I don't think that's a route they're going.

Adding that what you're saying, Scifidude, part of the deal for adding Spider-Man into the MCU was that Sony wanted Iron Man in Homecoming which was a smart move for Sony since they're are part of the MCU now and also brought fans over at the same time.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 12:46:28 AM »

I believe the deal was for Sony to allow Marvel the use of Spider-Man, but in exchange, they would set up the first three movies in a Spider-Man series, then return the character to Sony. After that, who knows what will happen. I am beginning to think that maybe Sony is setting up their SpiderVerse (Anyone else hear about the Kraven movie that is supposedly in development?) for when Spider-Man is returned to them.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 03:30:23 AM »

If that's true then Sony is smart and doing things the right way with the agreement with Marvel and Disney.  I did hear about Kraven the Hunter movie, they just scored the writer from Equalizer 2. I read that we may get Mysterio too, if that's true, then it's going to be an interesting movie indeed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: