Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Untouchable  (Read 15789 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 12:24:24 AM »

Is it just me or does Thorne remind me of Allister Thorn in Game of Thrones....Nice chapter, big boom ending, one wonders if 500,000 credits up front wasn't there to lure in a scapegoat as Karm suggested....

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 02:57:30 AM »

Is it just me or does Thorne remind me of Allister Thorn in Game of Thrones....Nice chapter, big boom ending, one wonders if 500,000 credits up front wasn't there to lure in a scapegoat as Karm suggested....
OMG I had that exact mental image while I read, LSG!  Spooky...  Wink

Zyn the flow of your narrative is flawless; I'm immediately engrossed within the scene.  With Zyn I'm reminded of a maxim I learned (the hard way of course): for every situation that has one problem you're aware of, there are two more that you're not...

Now one wonders: was it Thorns setting Zyn up?  Or perhaps Seela?  Maybe another unseen player that will present themselves later on?  Excellent conflict and mystery!

Only one problem: I don't want to wait for the next chapter  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »

LOL   You never want to wait, Dutchman!  ;-)    To much binge-watching shows on Netflix...

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »

Is it just me or does Thorne remind me of Allister Thorn in Game of Thrones

I can neither confirm nor deny that I may have had inspiration outside of the SW universe.  Roll Eyes

And I'm right there with you, Dutch. I want to post everything I have today, but that could leave me with nothing for a few weeks. You're not the only one who wants to see where this is going.

Thank you all for the praise. There is more coming, for sure, and as I keep working on this project, I may post more episodes more frequently.

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2018, 04:19:53 PM »

LOL   You never want to wait, Dutchman!  ;-)    To much binge-watching shows on Netflix...
LOL  You caught me my friend.  You are precisely right  Cheesy

It's testament to the quality of the stories that are posted within the forums (all of you guys are awesome!)

I can neither confirm nor deny that I may have had inspiration outside of the SW universe.  Roll Eyes

And I'm right there with you, Dutch. I want to post everything I have today, but that could leave me with nothing for a few weeks. You're not the only one who wants to see where this is going.

Thank you all for the praise. There is more coming, for sure, and as I keep working on this project, I may post more episodes more frequently.
Very good point; in that case, we'll get to enjoy it like a fine wine  Wink

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Zyn
Knight Templar

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2018, 07:33:47 PM »

To celebrate cranking out a whole episode in one day, I'm releasing chapter 3 a little early as well. Happy Tuesday!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Still dazed from the explosion, Zyn could only watch in bewilderment as Thorne came at him with his blaster at the ready. What his intentions were, Zyn couldn't be sure, but before he could even move for his own weapon, the mercenary captain was on him. Grabbing a hold of Zyn’s cloak with his off hand, Thorne pressed the barrel of the blaster into his cheek.

"I told you it would be a mistake to cause any trouble," Thorne growled at him as a crowd of both mercenaries and security personnel began to gather around. "You're working for the Separatists, aren't you?"

"I didn’t do this," Zyn argued. "What reason could I possibly have for killing a banker?"

"That's for the Banking Clan to figure out," Thorne shouted back. "Right before they execute you."

"Stand down, captain," one of the security guards ordered Thorne. "He set off a bomb on company property. It will be the Drive Yards that issue the punishment."

"Over my dead body," Thorne yelled, letting go of Zyn turning his weapon to the newcomer.

A standoff ensued between the mercenaries and the shipyard security team, all of them pointing their weapons at each other instead of Zyn. The focus was no longer on him, yet he knew if he made a move at all, both sides would be drawn back. Several tense moments passed until motion in the distance caught his attention. A number of dock workers, previously fighting one of the numerous fires caused by the explosion, were now running away as fast as they could.

Without warning, another explosion ripped through the bay, causing nearly everyone to double over reflexively as the heat washed over them all. Pulling his hood close around his head, Zyn turned away to protect himself, and in doing so, noticed an open door only a few meters from him. He knew there would not be another chance.

Zyn pushed his unsteady legs with all of his might to make it to the door. Any second, both the security guards and Omega Company would open up on him with their blasters, and he thought it best to be through the door before that happened. Two dozen men had an excellent chance of getting a killing or crippling shot on him in an open dock, but if he could make it through the door, he at least had a shot of fighting back, if not getting away completely.

He was two steps from the opening when the first shot sailed over his shoulder. He wasn't sure who took the shot, but he didn't dare turn to look as the sound of more fire coming his way filled his ears. Grabbing the edge of the door to slingshot himself around the corner, he was just about to disappear from sight as a lucky blaster bolt caught him on his right side.

The blow sent him sprawling, but as he went down, he used his momentum to roll out of the fall and back to his feet. Pain coursed through his oblique as he continued to run for his life down a wide corridor filled with all manner of people and equipment moving about. If he could get far enough away, he knew, blending in would be easy. If he could get away…

Shouts erupted from behind him, and he knew the chase was on. Pain continued to sear his side, and only seemed to intensify the further he ran. The adrenaline, already pouring into his veins, did little to keep the agony of the injury at bay and from slowing him to a trot. With his eyes darting about for a place to hide, he was drawn toward a small utility corridor to his right, barely wide enough for him to slip through.

The corridor itself housed what appeared to be power conduits and gas lines running to the different docks in the area. It was cramped, to be sure, but dark enough to allow him cover for long enough to catch his breath and plan his next move. Pulling his cloak tightly around himself, he warily slipped himself between the pipes and into the shadows.

Crouched in the darkness behind a large section of conduit, Zyn did his best to check his wound without inflicting too much pain. The last thing he needed was to cry out as his pursuers ran by, but he needed to get an idea of the damage done by the blaster shot. He gently ran his fingertips along his side, causing the pain to increase as he found the wound and traced its outline carefully.

A glancing blow was all it was, and while it would eventually need treatment, he figured it was not life threatening. Closing his eyes, he focused his will on blocking the pain, but found his anger rising instead. He wished he could've gotten a look at who had shot him. Secretly, he hoped it was Thorne, as the thought of repaying him with a lightsaber did more to quell his discomfort than his brief meditation did.

"Central, put out an all-points bulletin on a fugitive inside the yards," a security guard's voice said into a comlink near the mouth of the corridor. "Suspect is wearing a hooded black cloak, considered armed and extremely dangerous."

"He couldn’t have gotten too far on his own," Thorne's voice said. "I got a piece of him as he went through the door."

As carefully as he could, Zyn pulled his lightsaber hilt from his belt and held it at the ready. Fighting against a mercenary company and countless security in the middle of a busy area while injured did not sound like a viable option to him, but at some point, he knew he might have to make a last stand. Footsteps began to approach the mouth of the corridor, causing Zyn's heart to thump in his chest while his thumb hovered over his weapon's activation switch.

"Would he have gone in here?" Thorne's voice asked.

"That's utility," the guard's voice answered. "Nothing but a dead end back that way. Smart money says he's still on the run."

"Or hiding and waiting for us to pass."

Zyn knew this was it, his chance to take down Thorne. Springing from cover while swinging his weapon sounded more and more like a good idea. Perhaps he could even take down a guard or two before more showed up. If they did, he was certain he’d wind up dead, but if they didn't, a getaway still might be possible. Quietly drawing in a deep breath, Zyn focused his anger for the mercenary captain and was about to leap out of the shadows when the guard's comlink crackled.

"Suspect spotted and headed toward Sector Seven."

"That's the other direction," the guard told Thorne. "And a high security area."

"Smart fish," Thorne muttered. "The one place we wouldn't look for him. Let's go."

The sound of their footsteps began to fade, meaning they were headed back in the direction they had originally come. Sighing audibly, Zyn pulled back his hood before sitting back on his haunches and reflecting on what he'd almost just done. Blowing his cover and taking down Thorne for what? A slim chance at escaping? Once again, his anger had gotten the better of him, and even though he often found it useful, he promised himself to at least attempt to keep it in check unless faced with an active threat.

Several minutes passed before he got up the nerve to poke his head out into the corridor. Workers still bustled about with their business, paying him no mind at all as the rushed tide of people continued on in both directions as far as the eye could see. Assuming no one was watching him now, he had a chance at a clean escape.

Pulling up his hood once more, he carefully stepped back into the corridor. Several people had to work their way around him as he continued to scan every face in his vicinity. None looked familiar, nor were they wearing the uniforms of Omega Company or Drive Yard Security. He was in the clear for now, and with that, he continued on in the opposite direction of Sector Seven.

Because of his injury, his walk was a slow one. Zyn found himself walking with a limp, and while he did his best to suppress it, he still found it drew more eyes to him that he cared for. His next objective had to be finding a ship capable of carrying him away, either down to the planet's surface or, ideally, to another world entirely. The only question left to him was whether it was better to pay for a fare or commandeer one for himself. Coming to the only docking bay he saw with the door open, he quickly slipped inside to see what was there.

The bay itself looked bare except for eight identical ships, the likes of which Zyn had never seen before. Each one looked to be laying horizontally with the cockpit window facing straight up. Two short wings stuck out from the sides of the main body in a T formation while sitting on what he could only describe as half-a-dome shape where he guessed the engines were located.
Taking a closer look, he noticed none of the ships were complete. Two were down to just a frame while several panels were missing from the others, exposing the internal workings to whoever might still be working on them. There seemed to be no weapons on any of these ships either, making Zyn reconsider whether these were even worth taking.

"Can I help you?" a voice called out from behind him.

Turning to see who was calling him, Zyn saw it was an older man dressed in a technician's gray jumpsuit. His white hair and beard stood in stark contrast to the dull, drab grays of their surroundings. He walked slowly, hunched over as if years of working on starships had permanently left him in the stooped position. He eyed Zyn with both suspicion and curiosity as he approached.

"What kind of ship is this?" Zyn asked, pushing the pain of his injury out of his mind.

"It's designated as a Firespray-31," the old man answered. "Patrol and attack craft originally designed for correctional use."

"It seems as if they've been here a while," Zyn remarked, turning his eyes back to the nearest one, which appeared more complete than the others, but still missing several panels.

"They have been. KSE mothballed the project after some idiot destroyed the original prototypes. These would've been the first complete models to be delivered had that not happened."

"I'm not sure any these qualify as complete," Zyn remarked, earning a loud, throaty laugh from the technician.

"They were at one point," he said. "I've been slowly deconstructing them as materials are needed."

"Will this one fly?" Zyn pointed to the one nearest him which looked mostly complete.

"It will, but I wouldn't fly it at any great speed in atmosphere. All these missing panels would give you some serious drag." Zyn felt the tech's eyes turn to him with curiosity. "Who are you, anyway?"

"I'm a representative for a very wealthy individual who collects rare and unique starships," Zyn lied. He had no idea if his lie was believable, but he decided to run with it anyway. "I'm willing to offer you two hundred and fifty thousand credits for this one right here."

"I'd need to clear it with management. KSE still owns these scrap heaps."

"Discretion is an absolute must for my client," Zyn continued as he reached into his credit pouch. "And I'm willing to give you two hundred and fifty thousand, right now, if you ensure this went missing from the books."

Holding up the credits, he saw the tech's eyes go wide. It was possible this amount was more than this man had ever made in his lifetime. Zyn was hoping that was this case, as that fact would make this an easy sell, and he could be on his way without any more trouble.

"You've got a deal," the man finally said. "Let me give you the rundown."

Handing over the credits, Zyn couldn't believe the ease with which he was about to get a ship. Since he'd left the Order, he'd dreamed of owning his own ship and getting far away for Coruscant, the Jedi, and the war. What was planned for after leaving was still up in the air, however, as getting off that rock had seemed to be nothing but a pipe dream, at least until recently.

The technician walked him through all the controls of the ship, talking several times faster than he seemed to move. Slated to ship with ion cannons, torpedo launchers, and rotating blasters, the only thing Zyn heard that could possibly help him was the sensor jammer array concealed beneath the hull above the cockpit. With the briefing finished, he walked the technician back outside to ask for one last favor.

"Is there any way some of these missing panels can be replaced?" Zyn asked. "My client prefers his starships to be as complete as possible."

"It may take me a few hours," the tech said, scratching his head. "But I think I could do it."

"I would appreciate some haste, if you don't mind." Reaching back into his credit pouch, Zyn handed the man another hundred thousand credits.
"You got it, mister..."

"Zyn," he answered. "My name is Zyn."

"You got it, Mr. Zyn," the tech began to jabber once again. "I'll get this fixed up for you, ricky tick."

As the technician went to get his tools and the proper materials, Zyn went back to marveling at the ship he'd just purchased. Sure, it looked like a tub of junk, but if what the technician said was true, he'd be on his way to... where exactly? He hadn't the faintest idea where he would go, but for the time being, contacting Seela to see what she knew about the Omega Company would be a start.

"Hold it right there," a voice synthetic said behind him.

Turning slowly, he was met with a figure wearing the black armor of Omega Company, complete with the iconic T-shaped visor and blaster rifle aimed his way.

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 02:51:28 AM »

Why do i get the sense this is going to end up in an 'if you're innocent why did you run' conversation....Fortunately for Zyn I doubt it was Thorne who came in at the end- he would've shot first asked questions later.  Keep rolling with it Zyn classic kind of Adventure story building here.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 03:22:15 AM »

Why do i get the sense this is going to end up in an 'if you're innocent why did you run' conversation....Fortunately for Zyn I doubt it was Thorne who came in at the end- he would've shot first asked questions later.  Keep rolling with it Zyn classic kind of Adventure story building here.

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 02:01:57 PM »

Agreed!  I feel like Zyn is being set up from the get-go ... and maybe the other shoe is about to drop?   Your style is very engaging and you're crafting the story well!  Nicely done!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2018, 03:29:55 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with both of my friends: this is most definitely a set-up and a well-told one at that!  Both LSG and Karm touched on this and I'd like to elaborate: the tone of your story flows beautifully!  I really feel engrossed within the narrative.  Zyn is an excellent anti-hero: fallible, relatable, and interesting.  Thorns is a good foil/antagonist (is he the one behind the set-up or is he just following his gut?  Or something else?  Is Seela what she appears to be?)

One thing is for certain: I am looking forward to finding out  Wink

Zyn
Knight Templar

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 04:28:59 PM »

Since jumping on the preorder bandwagon (Emerald Butcher), I've been writing like crazy the past few days, so  Shocked here's the second episode for the week. Enjoy:

__________________________________________________________________________________

Zyn was surprised to see the Omega mercenary holding him at gunpoint. Their leader, along with Drive Yard Security, were headed in the opposite direction due to a misunderstanding with someone else dressed in a black cloak. How was it that this one was able to track him down while the others couldn’t? As he subtly reached for his weapon, the mercenary lowered his blaster before reaching up and removing his helmet.

“You look surprised to see me,” Wex said with a chuckle.

“I must admit that I am,” Zyn replied, not sure if he should be relieved. “You tracked me down while your allies weren’t able to.”

“Omega isn’t known for its scholars.”

An inadvertent laugh escaped Zyn’s lips as he ran through his options in his mind. Wex’s marksmanship had yet to be established, but if Thorne entrusted him with a blaster, at the very least, he knew how to use it. Maybe Zyn could even talk his way out of this jam, or perhaps let his lightsaber do the talking for him. As he reached for his weapon once again, however, Wex didn’t raise his blaster.

“I’d like to know,” Zyn continued to press the issue. “How did you know where I was when it was called in that I was headed to Sector Seven?”

“Who do you think called it in?” Wex asked, freezing Zyn.

“Why would you do something like that?”

“After the second explosion, two of my colleagues were muttering to themselves about the setup,” Wex explained while walking toward him. “They were also wondering whether they’d gotten me with the blast.”

“Why would they want to kill you?” he asked.

“Some of the guys in Omega fought against the pacifist government in the Mandalorian Civil War. My parents died defending the Duchess.”

Zyn had heard stories about the long, bloody civil war among the Mandalorians. In fact, during his time at the Academy, he’d heard stories about a skilled Jedi and his Padawan travelling to Mandalore to help with the insurgency. He never heard the outcome of the mission, however, so he had always assumed whoever had been sent there had failed.

"Why would you ever join up with the group of people responsible for your parents' deaths?" Zyn probed.

"Not everyone in Omega was part of the insurgency," Wex answered. "A lot of them are just like me with no homes to return to. We'd rather make money with our natural skills than do who knows what back on Mandalore."

Zyn understood completely, but where Wex had the courage to venture away from everything he'd ever known, Zyn couldn't bring himself to do it. Coruscant was home, whether he liked it or not. He often told himself it was out a misguided sense of longing to be back with the Jedi, but he knew better than to see that as anything other than a lie to himself.

"So what's your plan?" Wex asked, eyeing Zyn's new ship. "Take this hunk of junk back to the capital?"

"The thought had crossed my mind," Zyn admitted.

"That'll be the first place they look when they can't find you here. And they'll come more heavily armed than they are now."

"Let them come," Zyn scoffed, annoyance bleeding through in his words. "I need the practice."

His earlier confrontation with Thorne was fresh in his mind. An armed enemy was able to walk up to Zyn and almost take him prisoner. Admittedly, taking on a platoon of armed mercenaries by himself was a losing battle, even letting it get that far was his own fault.

"Well," Wex started, drawing Zyn's eyes back to him. "It looks like you're going to get all the practice you want a little sooner than expected."

Following the mercenary's gaze, he noticed the technician, now on the far side of the bay, crouched behind one of the other ships with a comlink held up to his mouth. Wex's appearance had given away Zyn’s lie, and now it looked as if the technician was calling security. Anger exploded inside of him, causing him to march over to the old man with his lightsaber hilt in hand.

"I'm going to need you to return those credits," Zyn told the man, who was now holding his hands up in surrender. When he didn't do anything for a few seconds, Zyn activated his lightsaber and slammed the blade into the hull of the ship, slicing it cleanly and giving the tech a preview of what awaited him if he didn't comply. "Now!"

With fumbling hands, the old man retrieved the credit chips from his coverall pockets. Zyn snatched them up as quick as he could before turning back to the ship he was intent on taking. Wex was nowhere to be found, but as Zyn extinguished the blade and began his walk back toward his ship, Wex came running back from the direction of the door, donning his helmet once again.

"We need to go," he yelled.

Striding up the ramp, Zyn calmly made his way to the cockpit with Wex right behind him. As he strapped himself into the pilot's seat, he strained to remember everything the tech had told him about firing up the engines and taking off. A number of switches in front of him looked familiar, and so he began flipping them all on.

Several lights and displays came to life in front of Zyn's eyes. Multiple warnings flashed showing which pieces of the hull were missing, but the computer told him the ship could still fly. With a few more switches flipped, the ship itself began to vibrate as the engines warmed up.

"You better get this thing moving," Wex warned from his left. "It looks like the entire security force is heading this way."

"Strap yourself in," Zyn responded, grabbing the stick with his right hand while placing his left hand on what appeared to be a throttle.

The first blaster shot caused him to reflexively push forward on the throttle. The ship lurched upward from the floor, tossing Wex from the cockpit and back down into the cargo bay. Another warning flashed showing the boarding ramp was still open. Guessing wildly, Zyn flipped another switch, which had to be the right one as the warning quickly disappeared from the screen.

Hoovering above the floor, Zyn slowly pushed forward on the stick, righting the ship and allowing him to see several dozen security guards scattered about and aiming their blasters up at him.
He badly wished this ship had weapons, as clearly a show of force was needed. Putting such things out of his mind, he turned his eyes to see the hangar doors still closed.

"Think the ship will hold up if I ram the door?" Zyn asked Wex over his shoulder.

"I think it would have problems getting through the door if it were whole," Wex answered. "Doesn't this thing have any weapons?"

Frustration was setting in, and with it, his anger began to build once again. Silently, he cursed himself for getting into this situation. If he was stronger with the Force, perhaps he could use it to activate the console controlling the doors, or maybe even pry them open forcefully. Short of getting out of the ship, those seemed to be his only options.

With his anger swelling, he reached out with the Force and commanded it to obey. Initially, he felt a rejection of his command, only fueling his animosity further. Again, he reached out, this time pouring his hate for his weakness into his efforts and bending the Force to his will. This time, it responded.

A sickening groan emanated from the heavy metal doors, as if a monstrous beast were pushing on them from the outside. Through the windscreen in front of him, Zyn noticed the supports for the doors themselves had begun to buckle as if under some incredible strain. Holding up a hand as he often witnessed other Force users do, he further concentrated his anger using the memories of his failed Trial. He felt the power of the Force increase tenfold, and before long, the doors began to part.

Putting his hand back on the throttle, Zyn punched it toward the opening, praying it was wide enough for the ship to fit through. As the ship closed on the doors, he'd noticed they had stopped opening, and were being held open by the Force itself. Saying a silent thank you, Zyn piloted the ship through the opening and out into space before the doors slammed shut behind them.

"I knew it!" Wex exclaimed, joining Zyn in the cockpit once again. "You are a Jedi!"

"No, I'm not," Zyn responded as another warning began to flash in his display.

Three interceptors were closing quickly on the ship as Zyn did his best to stay as close as possible to the Drive Yards structure. Rumors abound about how well defended they were from an all out attack. Turbo laser batteries, ion cannons, and torpedo launchers all worked great against an enemy fleet at a distance, but at point blank range, Zyn knew they would be useless. The interceptors, however, posed a much different threat.

"A-6 interceptors," Wex remarked after studying the hologram of the three ships displayed to Zyn's left. "Fast, agile, and armed with a triple laser cannon."

"You know you ships," Zyn acknowledged. "Any idea what we can use on this one?"

"No," Wex answered. "If you don't have any guns, I would recommend running. Does this scrap heap have a hyperdrive?"

"Not sure."

Scanning the control panel, a small display screen to his right seemed to be the ticket. Bolts from the interceptors snapped past the ship as he thought of a place to go. They'd find him on Coruscant, of that he had no doubt. However, Seela was no longer there, meaning he had no real reason to return anyway.

Zyn pressed the throttle forward as far as it would go while pulling the stick in random directions. The ship pitched violently, throwing Wex around the cabin like a rag doll while Zyn did his best to outmaneuver his pursuers and think of somewhere to go. With his mind still on Seela, she had, once again, provided an answer for him.

"Kashyyyk it is," he mumbled to himself before setting his destination in the computer.

Several seconds later, a prompt to bank left appeared on the ship's heads up display. Zyn obliged, and once he had the right heading, a button on the throttle began to glow. Taking a deep breath, he depressed the button, causing the ship to accelerate violently into hyperspace.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2018, 01:16:46 AM »

With his anger swelling, he reached out with the Force and commanded it to obey. Initially, he felt a rejection of his command, only fueling his animosity further. Again, he reached out, this time pouring his hate for his weakness into his efforts and bending the Force to his will. This time, it responded.

A little step into the darkness...failed Trial explains why he's not with the Jedi anymore - but why did he fail? But yeah close escape question is Zyn worth pursuing to Kashyyk...which depending on how close the end of the Clone Wars isn't the best place to be....

Lord_S_Gray

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »

Wex is a welcome addition to the narrative; he might make a good foil to Zyn...if his motives are what they appear to be  Wink  But with a bit of background also comes understanding (not to mention some great easter eggs from canon  Smiley).  Regardless, wonderful storytelling!

Again: I have to wonder as to just where Seela's loyalties lie.  Of course, that just may be a red herring, or perhaps coincidence...

Keep them coming Zyn; I'm hooked  Wink

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2018, 04:13:37 AM »

Some really good chapters here. Like the others have said, keep them coming. I look forward to more.

Also, congrats on the Emerald Butcher. Pics when you get it?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Zyn
Knight Templar

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 12:02:24 PM »

Also, congrats on the Emerald Butcher. Pics when you get it?

Of course

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: