Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Another Mystery Box - First saber review  (Read 1086 times)
Malus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: August 02, 2018, 02:41:28 PM »

I just received my first order from Ultra Sabers, and while it wasn't the smoothest delivery I've ever had, the product itself is fantastic. We'll get the negative stuff out of the way first. Then I'll get into what I got and why I'm happy with it.

The problem was that I gave a P.O. Box as my shipping address, which did not appear to be a problem for Ultra Sabers when I place my order, but apparently UPS won't deliver to a P.O. Box if you select Sure Post shipping. They instead decided to simply change the address on my package and deliver it to the wrong place instead of sending it back to the shipper and telling them it cannot be delivered to a post office box. The address that it was delivered to is one I have not lived at for a decade that UPS still had on file but I was lucky enough to be able to retrieve the package personally at the delivery location after a long, frustrating, and fruitless conversation with UPS "customer service". Thankfully the new owners of my old house were very understanding and helpful even if UPS wasn't. I would consider this to be more a problem with UPS than Ultra Sabers but I thought it was something that both customers and Ultra Sabers should be aware of to prevent other similar issues in the future. I'd suggest making it more clear that P.O. Box delivery is not always an option.

Now that that is out of the way we can move on to the good (great) stuff! I was giddy as a school girl when the unboxing began. It really is like being a kid on Christmas opening one of these up. I was happy to find that I received a Apprentice LE V4 in Guardian blue with a windowed emitter, a silver non-lighted AV switch, and a standard AAA battery setup. No sound on this one but it will be a great battle hilt. I was pleasantly surprised to find it properly balanced the way a fighting sword should be with the center of gravity being just above the hilt with the 32" mid-grade blade attached. It feels comfortable and light weight but very solid in construction. It should be easy to use for both one-handed and two-handed fighting styles. I do have to adjust my grip slightly when switching between the two styles but that is not uncommon. It is a pretty good weapon by the standards of someone trained in more traditional sword fighting, all things considered. Grip, weight, comfort, and balance. Check! Beyond the functionality and viability of the item as a weapon it looks cool as hell! A real win win.

All in all I'm very happy with what I got especially considering what I paid. I would recommend Ultra Sabers to any enthusiast and the Mystery Box for any beginner or anyone who just likes to roll the dice. I'm a very happy customer but I'm not sure I can ever be "satisfied" until I've collected them all!

Hilt

Blade Off

Blade On

Balance Point

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »

Exceptionally nice, and just about where I like mine balanced as well. You definitely got an excellent first saber.

If you like the Apprentice, I seriously suggest getting a Sentinel. It’s even better, still works well one or two handed. You’ll probable want a 36” blade to keep the balance there if you stick to mid grade, or a 32” Heavy Grade will work too, although I have a 36” Heavy Grade one mine and the balance still is about perfect.

Welcome to the saber addiction collecting club  Cheesy

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 12:33:48 AM »

Sweet hilt, congratulations on the sweet score of getting an LE, windows and AV switch in a $75 Mystery Box. Smiley

In regards to your shipping issues, you can have your packages held at a UPS or USPS facility next time. There are options on the tracking pages. Since it was SurePost, it's actually odd that UPS did the final delivery. Usually, (but not always) UPS hands SurePost packages over to the USPS for final delivery. If they had done that, the USPS likely would have just held the package at the same facility as your P.O. box. As for warnings on the Ultrasabers website, US just recently switched (back?) to UPS for delivery. Previously, they used FedEx and the USPS. They may not be aware of this issue with P.O. boxes. You may want to shoot them an e-mail and let them know about it so they can post the appropriate warnings.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 01:00:02 AM »

Ooooooo, man! Emitter windows! You got a good one there!! I’m jealous. She’s a looker for sure. Enjoy that!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 02:13:18 AM »

Ooooooo, man! Emitter windows! You got a good one there!! I’m jealous. She’s a looker for sure. Enjoy that!

Well put! Lol ... I agree, perfect score I'd be really happy with this  Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 02:44:14 AM »

That is an excellent little hilt.
I have one in Consular Green and it's gotten modified

Malus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2018, 08:05:12 PM »

Thanks for the tips, advice, and welcome everyone! I'm really impressed with the product all around and very happy to have gotten lucky with the Mystery box. I can see why people go crazy for these wonderful big kid toys lol. I hope to get something more exotic with all the bells and whistles soon. I'll defiantly be getting something on the darker side of things next time too. Must maintain balance in the Force after all. I'll be sure and post a review again when that gets here  Smiley

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 06:13:10 AM »

This model with the window emitters was one of the first to catch my eye.  I really like the silver with gold...but your pics really show the color off well.  Makes me want one all the more  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 02:07:32 PM »

Welcome to the forum and great mystery box you receive there. The Apprentice LE with Windows is are gorgeous and I think it goes well with the GB blade.  Glad you’re happy with the saber.  As far as ‘collecting them all’ is concerned., US just released a new saber called the Spectre which is awesome, btw so welcome to the endless addiction.

Have a point

The Spectre
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39413.0

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 11:10:24 PM »

awesome mystery box. i got the dominix le v4 with av switch and windows as my 1st MB. love, love the saber. happy to see you enjoy yours as much as i do.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: