Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: diamond controller wont write to board  (Read 4324 times)
adzo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 04, 2018, 06:04:59 AM »

Hi i'm new to ultasabers and have just purchased a diamond controller saber , it says its connected to the software , it shows the version # of the board and the light and sound go out , but under the LED driver tab the test buttons and the write / read to and from board buttons are not available for use , it is a windows 10 computer and I did install the software with the saber connected and on .  Under the diamond controller tab it will do a diag and the board config tab the write button is available .Anyone able to help or has the same issue ? thankyou Adzo

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »

Are you sure you're in the Diamond tab? It sounds that you're in the Emerald section instead - this section won't work for the Diamond Controller. What you need to do is go to the Diamond tab, then enter the Font wizard. You can choose between Express and Advanced. I suggest un-checking the "Remember..." box so that you can test both wizards and choose the one you like more.

Once in the Font wizard (no matter if it's advanced or Express), choose the font you want to modify. In Express, use the diamond on the left to choose the effect you want to edit. In Advanced, click Next and then "Edit effect".

Hope that helps a bit - I don't have a Diamond myself, so this instruction might be incomplete. Someone with more experience with Diamond could help you more. You're free to join the discussion, mates Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 12:38:08 PM »

The Diamond controllers only work with USB 2.0 and most Win 10 computers have USB 3.0 so find a USB 2.0 port to connect it to

Try this:

1. Use a different USB cord - one that supports data transfer. Some cords are charging-only, those won't work!
2. Try a USB 2.0 port and/or a self-powered USB 2.0 hub! Win 10 can cause problems if the saber is connected to a USB 3.0 port.
3. Install the launcher as administrator (right-click on the setup.exe, choose "Run as Administrator"), run the Maintenance Tool if necessary (also as administrator) and run the launcher (also as administrator). Windows needs that in order to properly communicate with the saber.

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 07:44:46 PM »

I don't really think it's a comm problem since he said it already connected with serial no. and version, and some buttons are working. So it looks like he already uses a data transfer-capable cord. I could be wrong, though, so he should try that as well - at least points 2 and 3.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 01:01:17 PM »

Agreed, reasons why I said check for a USB 2 port just in case

adzo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »

thankyou for your quick feedback guys , I was in the emerald tab and not the diamond controller , once I found the font wizard I was able to modify the fonts and test them to the saber without any issue . Great to have some help ,

cheers Adzo

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 04:06:56 PM »

You’re welcome but it was Racona Nova who pointed you to the right place. Have a point, Racona

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 11:38:34 AM »

But you also tried to help him, so you deserve a point as well Wink

Sig by Master Nero

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 07:59:43 PM »

Both my Diamond Controllers work with a USB 3.0 on Windows 10. Interesting....

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 05:54:13 PM »

Might of been an improvement since then

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 06:40:07 PM »

Possibly Wink I mean, there are so many complaints about USB 3 and Win 10...I wouldn't be surprised if US/RSX have somehow fixed that issue.

Sig by Master Nero

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 09:02:58 AM »

Well I have had both of my Diamonds since, July 2017 and October 2017, respectively, and have never had an issue. Maybe I am special?  Roll Eyes

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 10:24:39 AM »

Not really...there were (and still are) complaints about Obsidian and Emerald not properly working under Win 10 (even on USB 2 ports). I haven't had a problem ever since I upgraded and connected my sabers the first time Tongue So you're not the only one....and I think there are some more who don't have issues either.

Sig by Master Nero

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 01:16:03 AM »

Not really...there were (and still are) complaints about Obsidian and Emerald not properly working under Win 10 (even on USB 2 ports). I haven't had a problem ever since I upgraded and connected my sabers the first time Tongue So you're not the only one....and I think there are some more who don't have issues either.

Just have to take all the fun away... Cheesy

Now, I will admit I can't get my V4s synced with Windows 10. Luckily, I have a Windows 8.1 desktop for those babies.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 06:40:58 PM »

Well, I have the v3, so I can't test a v4 if it works for me Undecided

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: