Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Need a saber to use for airsoft  (Read 1709 times)
MaxtheNinja
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 04, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »

My local airsoft field is having a star wars themed airsoft event, and I need a lightsaber to use. Are ultrasabers good for that?

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 01:03:47 AM »

My local airsoft field is having a star wars themed airsoft event, and I need a lightsaber to use. Are ultrasabers good for that?

That depends on what, exactly, you’ll be doing with the saber.

If you’ll be standing around looking good with it, then yes.

If you’ll be trying to deflect airsoft rounds with it, then may the force be with you no matter what you’re using.

If you’re going to be dueling with it then yes, BUT make sure you wear protective gear AND be aware the most airsoft masks will NOT provide adiquate protection against even a moderately hard strike with an Ultrasaber.

Otherwise go for it, and be the envy of all your friends and everyone else at the event.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 02:00:12 AM »

You should just get an Ultrasaber anyway! They’re awesome, look super cool, and it would be sweet to at least TRY to deflect some airsoft bb’s!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 04:24:48 AM »

If you are going to do sneak assassinations, make sure you don't turn the blade on until right up next to the person. Everyone on the field will know where you are at. Grin I've actually considered doing this as well, but we haven't played airsoft since I got the saber. Still, good luck (or May the Force be with you since you are prolly a Force wielder and not a smuggler). Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 03:59:24 PM »

US’ are built tough and meant for dueling,
Combat, cosplay, display, or whatever you need it for. They’re quality, construction, and designs are meant for higher prices but they always keep the customer in mind.  I’ve battled my 5 year old and he’s really strong with our sabers which have hit, carpet, floor, concrete, walls, counter tops, etc. without having issues excep a light scratch.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 12:16:13 PM »

Go for it, it sounds like fun. I'd suggest the dominix Le V4. Super lightweight very easy to use and lots of fun.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

AlecBeach
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 03:36:24 PM »

That depends on what, exactly, you’ll be doing with the saber.

If you’ll be standing around looking good with it, then yes.

If you’ll be trying to deflect airsoft rounds with it, then may the force be with you no matter what you’re using.

If you’re going to be dueling with it then yes, BUT make sure you wear protective gear AND be aware the most airsoft masks will NOT provide adiquate protection against even a moderately hard strike with an Ultrasaber.

Otherwise go for it, and be the envy of all your friends and everyone else at the event.
Actually the masks will do great against saber strikes? I guess i'm just used to buying high quality masks. Walmart masks maybe not...

AlecBeach
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 03:45:36 PM »

Are you dueling there? If so. Maybe grab some sabers from walmart or something. Those are better for fighting

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 10:57:51 PM »

Actually the masks will do great against saber strikes? I guess i'm just used to buying high quality masks. Walmart masks maybe not...

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=sO37kURnnac" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=sO37kURnnac</a>

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=6rhlFOPPAz0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=6rhlFOPPAz0</a>

Or you’re not being hit as hard as you could be. 

My personal opinion is to go with something made to protect against strikes from long blunt objects. Especial given how quickly fun fooling around can escalate into hitting a lot harder than you realize or mean to do.

Are you dueling there? If so. Maybe grab some sabers from walmart or something. Those are better for fighting

Wait, what?!?

I’ll say their less expensive. I’ll say you can use them. Having owned both, I cannot, in any way shape or form, say that they are better. I’m curious to hear your reasoning behind your opinion.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 02:58:59 AM »

Having not played airsoft myself, take this with a grain of salt.

Having played a moderate amount (enough that I have had two different guns) of paintball, and some of the equipment, from what I can tell, does double duty in a lot of places, and owning a Ultrasaber I would say this: be VERY careful about striking with a US blade of any weight on airsoft/paintball fields. All gear is not created equal, and US blades are hard. An accidental head strike could very well be lethal in the right circumstances, especially against those masoch- er... brave souls... who wear nothing but eye protection. Heavy grade will prevent the blade from breaking in most circumstances, but adds power to the strike as they mass more. Mid-grade is lighter, but ups the chance that the blade might break on striking just that little bit.

Add in the fact that you swing at someone and they instinctively block with their gun, then you might be striking fingers/hands and doing injury that way.

Given the paintball gear I used to use, I wouldn't want to be smacked in the face with a saber, even at moderate speed, and I used a full facemask. I've eaten enough paint to be glad I did.

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

MaxtheNinja
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 11:25:53 PM »

Cool! I think I'll pick one up, I'm gonna be using my new Glock 17 as a "backup" (most likely I'll use that as my primary) and the saber will be for fun mostly, maybe I can deflect a bb...
Thanks for the responses guys!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »

Go for an Aeon/Sentinel V4, silver hilt, that way you wont have to worry if it gets too too beat up Tongue Just an idea on that

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

Darkside

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 07:00:33 PM »

Hopefully you post a video of you deflecting bbs! I never tried that but I have deflected Frisbees. lol

“I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you.” - Darth Zannah to her Master, Darth Bane

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: