Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tri cree battery life for standard set up  (Read 858 times)
UberDave
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: August 05, 2018, 06:31:26 PM »

So I was considering getting a new lightsaber with tri cree, but I was wondering about battery life.  I want to get standard set up because I will use it at burning man a lot, and there is no where to charge batteries there.  How much of a difference is there in battery life between a normal orange and tri-orange?  I know it's about ~30% brighter, but does that mean I'm going to get ~30% less batter life? 

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 03:38:49 PM »

Tri Fire Orange is a color I support entirely. I recently got a saber in that color, and it's much more impressive than a single LED FO. As for battery life, I'm not sure. I've only had it a few days. However, I have sabers without sound with quad LEDs, and the battery life is really long. Realistically, these LEDs don't draw a whole lot of power and are really efficient. The biggest power draw is sound. That will drain your batteries with a quickness. Though, one of the advantages to AAA batteries is that they're really easy to come by. If you'r out and about with your saber, you can always carry an extra set. Also, if you're worried about the cost of batteries, you can buy rechargeable Ni-MH AAA batteries.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »

Tri-Cree in a stunt burns slightly more than a single LED so you will hardly notice it. Just like sci-fi dude has
Mentioned, it’s the sound that will kill battery life.  Buy rechargeables a or a 10-20 pack of batteries and you should be set

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: