Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery Box + Specter Unboxing and Review  (Read 1601 times)
Draddog
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 36

« on: August 07, 2018, 05:32:47 PM »

Received my mystery box + Initiate + Specter yesterday and pulled together a new video!
https://youtu.be/PHk2nuEWnWQ

Got to learn the Diamond controller - that's a nice piece of tech.  The Specter is amazing!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 06:10:21 PM »

Possibly the first Spectre review up Tongue I'm wanting one myself but with a different look for mine

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:00:37 PM »

Congrats on the Apprentice LE V4, Initiate, and the Spectre!  The Apprentice's color looks like Sun Rider's Destiny to me but it may be the phone's camera or whatever camera that you're using.  Also, for future references, we typically don't name the other companies by name, we just call them the other guy in post and video.  Just an FYI.  Was the Initiate a mystery box as well?  I'm sorry there was a mix-up with that and the Diamond saber instructions, pretty sure you were bummed about it.  That Spectre I must say, is gorgeous.  Have a point

Draddog
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 07:14:56 PM »

Congrats on the Apprentice LE V4, Initiate, and the Spectre!  The Apprentice's color looks like Sun Rider's Destiny to me but it may be the phone's camera or whatever camera that you're using.  Also, for future references, we typically don't name the other companies by name, we just call them the other guy in post and video.  Just an FYI.  Was the Initiate a mystery box as well?  I'm sorry there was a mix-up with that and the Diamond saber instructions, pretty sure you were bummed about it.  That Spectre I must say, is gorgeous.  Have a point

Thanks for the excellent feedback!
The Initiate was part of the summer sale. The Apprentice is green - the Initiate I "think" is the silver (I have a separate thread asking how to tell). I really love the Spectre, it's big in a good way!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 08:19:25 PM »

You're welcome, your saber that looks like the below picture is the Dark Initiate LE V2. It's black with the silver accents, LE stands for Limited Edition meaning that instead of a solid color like the Dark or the standard silver, you have silver accents for the Dark LE and Gold accents for the regular LE.

This is the Initiate LE V2

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 09:26:57 PM »

looks like you have got yourself a bunch of really fun sabers. hope you have a great time with them. that spectre is fantastic. i have to get one. that just might be my next saber. happy sabering.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 09:42:33 PM »

Great looking sabers. Wow, that Spectre is really sweet. I love that you got the engraving and windows, those are options I want when I get one.

One thing about the batteries. Usually, they have the batteries in and ready to go in stunt sabers. However, they can pop out of the holder slightly during shipment.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 10:28:21 PM »

What an incredible mystery box grab!! You now have a set of sabers anyone would envy!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:04 AM »

Wow. The Spectre is an amazing looking saber, thank you for the review and congrats on recieving these 3 amazing sabers!

And Welcome to the Diamond Party!!!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 02:04:26 AM »

Hi.  I have a few questions regarding the Spectre if you would answer them and thanks.  Smiley

1)  Is the shroud removable ?  How do the narrow slats or windows feel on your hands when gripping ?

2)  How deep does the blade go into the emitter ?

3)  What is the circumference/diameter of the hilt or gripping part ?

4)  Have you noticed any kind of rattling or the blade feeling loose with the emitter covertec wheel that is also the retention screw ?  Did it come with x2 covertecs or did you order one of them ?

5)  What are your impressions about the pommel ?

6) Now that you have had time to try out the saber... would you recommend this saber and for what purposes ?

Thanks again... you may be the first one to review this saber for the Forum.

point  Cool

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 02:55:49 AM »

Spectre looks like an excellent saber. Hoping to try one at Fan-X in September

Draddog
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 03:13:25 AM »

Great looking sabers. Wow, that Spectre is really sweet. I love that you got the engraving and windows, those are options I want when I get one.

One thing about the batteries. Usually, they have the batteries in and ready to go in stunt sabers. However, they can pop out of the holder slightly during shipment.
Ah - that makes sense. I figured they kind of wedged them in so that they don't turn on somehow randomly in shipping! LOL

DizB
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 03:19:43 AM »

We. Received ours today along with a $200 MB.  Couldn’t do a video, I work from home and couldn’t wait till quitting time to unbox it.  Sorry, was EXCITED!

Specter is in one word, AMAZING! We brought::
Etched hilt
CG with SRD FOC
Windowed emitter
V4 premium sound
Quick Disconnect

First, this is a large saber.  Bigger than my Guardian however, just like the Guardian, it balances perfectly and does not feel heavy in your hand. The etched hilt is beautiful, much better than in pictures.  The angled switch is nice, feels great under your hand.  I love the windows in the emitter, much more striking than normal widowed emitters. It feels great in your hand and is easy to find a comfortable grip point.  As for the rest, the sound, blade color and quality are everything we expect from US.

The MB ... We received an Aeon V4, LE.  CG with AS FOC and non illuminated silver AV switch.  Very pleased with this one.  It will be in my hand this Friday at our Rebel Legion trooping event at the baseball game.

Couldn’t be happier with this order.  Thanks again US.

To truly become a complete Jedi one must fully understand the power and potential of the dark side.

Draddog
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 03:29:22 AM »

Hi.  I have a few questions regarding the Spectre if you would answer them and thanks.  Smiley

I will do my best, if I don't answer fully or my answer doesn't make sense, just let me know and I'll try and get a better answer.

1)  Is the shroud removable ?  How do the narrow slats or windows feel on your hands when gripping ?

I don't think so, but I may be inexperienced enough not to know how to remove it (this is my first non-mystery box saber from Ultrasabers and definitely the fanciest)

2)  How deep does the blade go into the emitter ?

3.75"

3)  What is the circumference/diameter of the hilt or gripping part ?

I've got about 5" around the hilt.

4)  Have you noticed any kind of rattling or the blade feeling loose with the emitter covertec wheel that is also the retention screw ?  Did it come with x2 covertecs or did you order one of them ?

Mine has the two - I may want to do the split look.  No rattling at all, it's very tight.

5)  What are your impressions about the pommel ?

It's okay - one thing I would love to see is some holes in the side to allow sound out that way. Otherwise it's well machined. Could it have a bit more character? Maybe - but I couldn't tell you what would make it different. Maybe spikes? Smiley

6) Now that you have had time to try out the saber... would you recommend this saber and for what purposes ?

To be clear, I'm not a duelist, so I can't comment on how it would do in that regard. My wife felt that that the silver metal running the length of the back of the saber might be a bit thin.
I'll use it for cosplay - my wife, daughters, and I have Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith outfits that we wear to conventions. I've been working up this "backstory" for my "character" of being a bit of a relic hunter and i think this kind of fits in with that story.  If I was doing a cosplay based on the character it would obviously be a good fit as well Smiley

Thanks again... you may be the first one to review this saber for the Forum.

point  Cool

Moderator Nightwing
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -262

Peace is a lie; There is only passion

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 07:39:33 PM »

Congrats on your purchase!  The Specter looks great and it is awesome that you have sabers for your daughters!

I'm eagerly awaiting my own Specter, so its nice to see a video of it in hand, in anticipation of getting my own.

I hope you enjoy it!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: