Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Spinning Saberstaff: The Shoulder Carry Spin  (Read 2168 times)
Enso Marr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -43

« on: August 09, 2018, 05:31:32 AM »

The Shoulder Carry Spin is one of the more visually interesting staff spinning moves. It is also very easy to do, simply place the staff on your shoulder and spin around.

This video is a compilation of my Instagram clips demonstrating a few ways of entering a Shoulder Carry Spin.

Saber: UltraSabers Phantom V2
Music: Over Time by Vibe Tracks

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSa5ZEYYl1Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSa5ZEYYl1Y</a>

May your fire burn both bright and beautiful, within and around you, that all may know your unrelenting freedom.

Follow @MasterEnso on Instagram for regular lightsaber and fire shenanigans.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 05:46:54 AM »

That was really, really cool. You, Master Resolute, Master Venturous, Darth Cephalus and Samhain always make me wish I had a staff. Someday.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 11:04:10 PM »

The Shoulder Carry Spin is one of the more visually interesting staff spinning moves. It is also very easy to do, simply place the staff on your shoulder and spin around.

This video is a compilation of my Instagram clips demonstrating a few ways of entering a Shoulder Carry Spin.

Do you base your movements or pull them from any particular Martial Art? You have one of the smoothest styles I've seen. Well done

That was really, really cool. You, Master Resolute, Master Venturous, Darth Cephalus and Samhain always make me wish I had a staff. Someday.

One day you will. Until you get one, you can always practice with anything staff-like so that when you do get one, you're ready to go.

Enso Marr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -43

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 05:49:17 AM »

Do you base your movements or pull them from any particular Martial Art?
My movement background is mainly Taekwondo, though I've had no martial training with a staff at all. I combine regular staff spinning with things I observe from contact staff and xma bo staff.

May your fire burn both bright and beautiful, within and around you, that all may know your unrelenting freedom.

Follow @MasterEnso on Instagram for regular lightsaber and fire shenanigans.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »

One day you will. Until you get one, you can always practice with anything staff-like so that when you do get one, you're ready to go.

Good point. I might have to grab a utility handle from Home Depot like Sam had said.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 03:57:10 PM »

Thank you for the video and slow motion of how to execute the moves!  Looking great!  Have a point

you will try
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -6

This is the end for you my master . . . .

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 07:51:11 PM »

Is this Tai Chi?

- Darth Severus Rex et Imp

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: