Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: GREEN LANTERN CORPS and JAMES GUNN  (Read 2502 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: August 09, 2018, 05:21:54 PM »

I have heard some rumblings that DC may approach James Gunn to direct the Green Lantern Corps movie that Geoff Johns in writing.

Anyone else think this sounds like a perfect match?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 05:35:33 PM »

I thought it was just fan rumors circulating. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 05:41:35 PM »

I thought it was just fan rumors circulating. 
that's why I said "rumblings".

Personally, if it happened, I think it would be a perfect fit. Couldn't be any worse than the Ryan Reynolds version.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »

that's why I said "rumblings".

Personally, if it happened, I think it would be a perfect fit. Couldn't be any worse than the Ryan Reynolds version.

Agreed

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 01:36:08 AM »

IF and that is a BIG IF...

If it happens, it would be a perfect, only if Warner Brothers and the BIG TIME movie executives would let him and Geoff make this movie the way they want.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 04:59:40 AM »

I think he'd do a good movie if it was focused more on Hal than anyone else. If the focus was more on Stewart or Rayner I think it would be a bit to cheesy, but I definitely think he could give it the correct feel.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 06:13:51 AM »

I think they should focus on Hal. Having all Earth based Green Lanterns in one movie sounds like a mess, plus there's the rest of the Corps too. Plus, I absolutely hate Guy Gardner, so I don't want to see him in a movie.

As far as hiring James Gunn, if it happens, I don't know. I've only seen one of his films and I didn't like it, so I don't think much of him one way or the other. Right now, I think WB/DC is desperate. Though I like them, their recent films except Wonder Woman haven't really been received well. Add to that development issues on Green Lantern Corps, The Flash (standalone film) and The Batman, I think they just want someone who can deliver, and someone who has had a couple of mega hits for Disney Marvel is definitely that person. Apparently, there are a lot of studios trying to snatch him up, though, after his firing from Disney, and Marvel is even trying to get Disney to reverse their decision. Good luck, Disney justice is swift and harsh, though that company is also full of hypocrisy. So, it's hard to say what will happen.

Even if WB hires him to do GL, it's doubtful they'll give him full creative freedom.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 07:49:12 AM »

From what I've heard (nothing confirmed though) Geoff Johns is looking to focus more on the space aspect of the Corps. OA will feature much more heavily and it will essentially be a buddy cop movie in space, possibly with Johm Stewart as the lead this time.

As for WB/DC, they are now under new leadership (Walter Hamada I believe) who is trying to bring some consistency and stability to the DC movies.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 08:19:04 AM »

I could handle a John Stewart movie, I liked him on the Justice League cartoons.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »

I've read in the past that DC/Warner Bros. may make a John Stewart and Hal Jordan lantern movie but they may just make a John Stewart one.  I'd watch it

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 10:16:20 PM »

I've read in the past that DC/Warner Bros. may make a John Stewart and Hal Jordan lantern movie but they may just make a John Stewart one.  I'd watch it

I think they need to stop trying to cram as many characters into a film at once as they can. Look at Marvel. They released a lot of solo movies before going to the Avengers. You had lots of character development with characters like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America having solo adventures. Even the Hulk from the MCU had a solo film first. Plus, they cleverly put characters like Black Widow and Hawkeye into the solo movies to get us introduced to them. But, they didn't take over the movie. So, give us a Green Lantern film. Introduce the Corps, but not multiple Earth Lanterns. Really, there shouldn't even be more than one from Earth at the same time, or even more than one for Sector 2814. I personally could hang with a John Stewart led film, especially if they get the right actor to play Stewart.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 10:28:12 PM »

I think they need to stop trying to cram as many characters into a film at once as they can. Look at Marvel. They released a lot of solo movies before going to the Avengers. You had lots of character development with characters like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America having solo adventures. Even the Hulk from the MCU had a solo film first. Plus, they cleverly put characters like Black Widow and Hawkeye into the solo movies to get us introduced to them. But, they didn't take over the movie. So, give us a Green Lantern film. Introduce the Corps, but not multiple Earth Lanterns. Really, there shouldn't even be more than one from Earth at the same time, or even more than one for Sector 2814. I personally could hang with a John Stewart led film, especially if they get the right actor to play Stewart.

Agreed. DC put out Man of Steel, then Batman vs Superman while adding WW into the mix. No other solo film other than those three before launching The Justice League.  Batman and Superman already have so
Many films so it’s nothing new but other than the WW movie, Aquaman and Cyborg just made canoes in BVS.  Sure, Aquaman’s movie is coming out BT that’s after fact.

Marvel’s move was genius, they made solo films first so that the audience can get introduced to both the main heroes and the supporting heroes like Blackwidow and Hawkeye without over saturating each movie with characters and still building the universe full of characters for the Avengers stories. 

DC needs to stop jumping the gun and use some of Marvel’s formula which is take their time to build the universe. It did take Marvel 10 years to get to Infinity Wars after all while adding tidbits of the inevitable in all 22 movies leading up to the battle for the universe

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 10:54:59 PM »

Agreed. DC put out Man of Steel, then Batman vs Superman while adding WW into the mix. No other solo film other than those three before launching The Justice League.  Batman and Superman already have so
Many films so it’s nothing new but other than the WW movie, Aquaman and Cyborg just made canoes in BVS.  Sure, Aquaman’s movie is coming out BT that’s after fact.

Marvel’s move was genius, they made solo films first so that the audience can get introduced to both the main heroes and the supporting heroes like Blackwidow and Hawkeye without over saturating each movie with characters and still building the universe full of characters for the Avengers stories. 

DC needs to stop jumping the gun and use some of Marvel’s formula which is take their time to build the universe. It did take Marvel 10 years to get to Infinity Wars after all while adding tidbits of the inevitable in all 22 movies leading up to the battle for the universe

Well said, have another point.  Cool

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 11:53:02 PM »

Honestly, I'd much rather the lead character be Stewart than Jordan. Rayner wouldn't be too bad, but I'd still rather have Stewart. And I'm pretty sure almost no one like Guy Gardner. But yes, they definitely need the right actor to play Stewart.

I heard a rumor that the next JL movie wont be for at least 5 years, which would be a great move for the DCEU. I don't know what truth there is in these rumors, but from the looks of the DCEU right now (Flash still having problems, and Batman just now starting to get things figured out), it seems like a pretty realistic rumor. I would be fine if the only other movies the DCEU kept making were WW and Aquaman. Shazam looks pretty good, but we'll see. I love GL, but I don't want a GL movie to be a flop (like the last one was).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2018, 04:35:48 AM »

Well said, have another point.  Cool