Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: The Death of Superman  (Read 6896 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 12:43:29 AM »

Do yourself a favor and skip Batman: Ninja unless you're really into anime. Roll Eyes

Already decided upon. I don't care for Batman as it is, and honestly, that movie didn't look that great to me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2018, 04:34:30 AM »

Do yourself a favor and skip Batman: Ninja unless you're really into anime. Roll Eyes

Batman Ninja was good to me

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2018, 09:44:25 AM »

I concur with this statement.
Already decided upon. I don't care for Batman as it is, and honestly, that movie didn't look that great to me.

Don't care for Batman? Now I am sad....

Batman Ninja was good to me

Curious, do you follow anime regularly?

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »

Batman: Ninja had such great promise. I mean, Batman is already a ninja, and putting him into a feudal Japan setting was a great idea. However, it's just an anime with Batman dressing. Now, Gotham by Gaslight is an awesome film. (yes, I have the comic on my Kindle) I also have Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, which is a good one and the two animated 1960s Batman films starring the late great Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. Those are a lot of fun. Those are my newest DC animated films, and I have some older Batman and Green Lantern films. The Dark Knight Returns is a really good one from a few years back, and it's a great adaptation of the comic.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2018, 01:33:25 PM »

I watch anime here and there, I wouldn’t say regularly since it has to be something I whichwjich falls into the action, sci-fi, and fighting types of anime.   I’m pretty selective on what I watch.  I’m more of a sci-fi and comic book kind of guy so any animated Marvel and DC series are my go to but I did give Batman Ninja a chance and liked it. 

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 04:35:52 PM »

I didn't like Batman Ninja and has kind of kept me from seeing Gotham by Gaslight.  But maybe I'll give it a chance since Sci mentioned it was good.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 06:00:19 PM »

I concur with this statement.
Don't care for Batman? Now I am sad....

There are many things about Batman that I like, and a few portrayals that I like, but in general I just don't see why a lot of people think he is the greatest person ever. I don't have a problem if you like him, he just isn't me. I'm really more of a Green Arrow, Green Lantern, and Flash type of guy, though I do like WW, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter quite a bit too. Overall however, I prefer Marvel of DC.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 06:31:40 PM »

Adding to my statement, anime doesn't automatically mean that I'll like it and watch it.  It has to follow my taste which are action, sci-fi, and some humor either separately or collectively. 

I didn't like Batman Ninja and has kind of kept me from seeing Gotham by Gaslight.  But maybe I'll give it a chance since Sci mentioned it was good.

Give it a try, you'll either like it or not but it's still a good watch in my opinion.

There are many things about Batman that I like, and a few portrayals that I like, but in general I just don't see why a lot of people think he is the greatest person ever. I don't have a problem if you like him, he just isn't me. I'm really more of a Green Arrow, Green Lantern, and Flash type of guy, though I do like WW, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter quite a bit too. Overall however, I prefer Marvel of DC.

Agreed.  I think he's a great character for the DCU; however, he isn't the be-all-end-all characters and my preference is Marvel as well from comics to cards and the MCU.  I may take DC seriously when they stop making movies so dark and give them vivid colors, filming them in the day time like WW.  Aquaman looks really promising as well.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2018, 09:00:06 PM »

Two totally different movies by different studios. Ninja was made by one of the top anime studios in Japan, Gotham by Gaslight was made by Warner Bros. Animation. Basically, the same people who made The Death of Superman.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 05:54:59 AM »

What irks me is when people call superman Overpowered and boring then turn around and say "Batman always wins".  Batman was not supposed to be unbeatable....just unstoppable.   He could be beat...but he was coming back and not going to get beat the same way twice.  One of the things I loved was when Dark Knight III finished ( continuation of  The Dark Knight Returns) some Batman fans were not happy.  Superman had to fight 3 Kryptonians, and he was not holding back.  Batman was watching the fight and realized that Superman could have killed him at anytime over the years. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 10:19:23 AM »

Superman is so powerful that he holds back in almost every fight. There are a few enemies he's gone at full strength, but not many. Obviously, anyone Kryptonian would have the same powers as him, so he can't afford to hold back against other Kryptonians. He also gave Doomsday everything he had.

Batman always "wins" (and, technically, never really has in canon comics) when fighting Superman by using Kryptonite. Plain and simple. It's one of Superman's weaknesses, his main one in fact, and Batman knows it. Superman even gave Batman Lex Luthor's Kryptonite ring to use against him in case he ever went bad. Superman also has a weakness to magic and witchcraft. He's got no real defense against it and it has been used against him on more than one occasion, though it's a less frequently exploited weakness.

And, yes, Batman can certainly be beat, and has been on many occasions. After all, he's only human. He just learns from his losses and figures out how to beat his opponents. He's even been killed more than once in the comics. The Golden Age Batman was eventually killed, and Robin continued fighting crime with Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyles daughter, the original Huntress. Then, of course, there was his defeat at the hands of Bane.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »

I would like to have this issue:

"In Superman: Speeding Bullets, rather than crashing in Smallville, Kael-El crashed in Gotham City where he was discovered by Thomas and Martha Wayne who raised him as their son. Following the same tragedy that befell the Batman we’re familiar with, Kal-El became The Flying Batman!"

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 08:55:28 PM »

One thing I hate about Superman is that a lot of people will use electricity against him, and hurt him with it. He isn't weak to electricity, so that always ticks me off when they do that. I like when he has to fight magicians, because that is something he can't deal with (as he he doesn't know how). Kryptonite just beats him down so much that anyone can beat him with it (Alfred), but it is so overused. There is supposed to be only a very small amount of it on Earth, yet every single big bad seems to have some. But I would love to see Supes go full power against Darkseid in the DCEU (like we saw in Justice League Unlimited). I think that battle would be cool.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 10:02:39 PM »

Yes, Kryptonite is majorly overused. As for its availability, certain genius scientists such as Lex Luthor have been known to synthesize Kryptonite. In 1950's Atom Man vs Superman, that's what Lex Luthor did. Though, his synthetic Kryptonite quickly weakened to the point of being ineffective. But, it was pretty darn effective at first.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 10:51:37 AM »

Many people mistake Superman being vulnerable to Magic as being the same as Kryptonite.  Of course it isn't.  Magic just negates his invulnerability, if he gets around a magicians spell he can still knock them across the park.  Kryptonite (green at least ;P) doesn't just zap his powers, but slowly kills him.  Just a distinction so many overlook.  Why I'm looking forward to the rematch of He-Man vs Superman in the injustice comics.   I once read an article years ago that talked about how technically...Superman is faster than the Flash.  I don't know how the science holds up but basically it boiled down to this.  An object weighing as much as the Flash weighs (about 195 for Barry Allen so we'll use that) would cause a lot of havoc on the environment around him moving at the speed he runs.  But the Speed Force acts as a buffer for that allowing him to move through the atmosphere with minimal affect.  Superman however does not have the buffer of the speed force and also weighs even more ( 235lbs is generally given).  If he truly moved at his top speed on earth he would cause massive damage (like Neo in the Matrix when he was rushing to save Trinity and was upturning cars and breaking windows), but in space he can move at his top speeds. Which haven't been measured.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: