Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: my lightsaber makes a high pitched sound when turned on and does not light up  (Read 3890 times)
darthej316
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 10, 2018, 11:42:56 PM »

Hi, I already emailed the fine folks at ultrasabers but i wanted to see if anyone has had this problem. my lightsaber makes a high pitched sound and does not shut off, it also does not light up as well. i didnt bang it against anything nor did i drop it. batteries are not corroded.

thanks!!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 01:00:47 AM »

Whoa!  Yeah - I've never heard of that darthej316.

It's a good thing you've emailed US customer service.  Your saber has a one year warranty. 

I'm very sorry to hear that.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 01:04:08 AM »

What sound board did you get and what batteries are installed or did you switch them out ?  Smiley

darthej316
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 01:50:16 AM »

Whoa!  Yeah - I've never heard of that darthej316.

It's a good thing you've emailed US customer service.  Your saber has a one year warranty. 

I'm very sorry to hear that.

i ordered mine back in may of last year....

darthej316
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 01:51:37 AM »

What sound board did you get and what batteries are installed or did you switch them out ?  Smiley

i got the regular sound board which i guess was the obsidian? 4 AAA batteries were installed

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 05:25:57 AM »

i got the regular sound board which i guess was the obsidian? 4 AAA batteries were installed

So it would seem that you have an Obsidian LITE (ObsLite ) sound board as this is the only sound option that uses the AAA batteries.  My suggestion is to first of all replace the either alkaline or rechargeables with a high quality brand fresh or new topped up batteries.  Then make sure that they are solidly connected in the battery case.  Do not put your faith in the batteries that you are presently using in the saber.

If this does not solve the multiple problems then a possible loose wiring connection or even board malfunction would have to be considered.  But to me this suggests a power/battery failure.  Smiley

I will move your thread over to the Technical section for more member's attention towards getting your saber running properly.  Smiley

darthej316
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »

thanks!

i wasnt sure where to post before. if that doesnt work and my warranty expired, i guess its just a metal paper weight or could i send it in to get it repaired?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 11:45:26 AM »

If your warranty is expired, they'll still fix it for a fee. Or, you can try to fix it yourself or see if anyone you know can fix it. However, it f you do plan to send it in, I wouldn't advise messing with it first.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 01:37:36 PM »

From my experience, US will work with you and won’t overcharge you like the other guys will since they actually take pride in their work, quality, customer service, and treating people who pay their bills with respect.  It doesn’t hurt to shoot them an email and see what they say.  Even if you come out of pocket, it’s normally not that bad.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »

Let's try the new batteries first and report back.  Wink

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 03:54:52 PM »

I just experienced the same problem: high pitched annoying sound when I turned on my Scorpion with Obsidian Lite.  The saber did not light up and the sound persisted until I removed the batteries.  I replaced the batteries as Dauntless recommended and it worked.  I wanted to reply to this post despite its age, since the original poster didn't report if it worked or not.  Hopefully it helps anyone else who runs into the problem in the future.   

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 08:00:23 PM »

I just experienced the same problem: high pitched annoying sound when I turned on my Scorpion with Obsidian Lite.  The saber did not light up and the sound persisted until I removed the batteries.  I replaced the batteries as Dauntless recommended and it worked.  I wanted to reply to this post despite its age, since the original poster didn't report if it worked or not.  Hopefully it helps anyone else who runs into the problem in the future.   
And I gave you a point for the follow-up. Thanks!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: