Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Chosen One faint glow?  (Read 2245 times)
Resistance94
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: August 11, 2018, 06:34:04 AM »

So I’ve been using my Graflex and the Chosen One sabers for combat two days in a row and I just noticed that the CO has a faint glow even though it’s turned off and plugged in. I don’t understand if there is something wrong with it or if that is normal. I haven’t hit the hilt at all, just the blades. Any help would be appreciated!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 12:09:08 PM »

It sounds like a miswire, or something is bridged. It could also be a bad recharge port. Since you said "plugged in," I'm assuming it has one. When the plug is in, it's supposed to cut power to the saber so that current only goes to the battery. So, your blade definitely shouldn't glow. If it's still under warranty, I'd shoot customer service an e-mail. Even if it's not, you still may want to send one and see what they say.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 01:28:33 PM »

I agree, shoot IS an email at info@ultrasaber.com and Marlena will get your squared away once you explain  the issue with your saber.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 03:54:13 PM »

Yeah keep updates on this one. Hopefully its even just a battery issue too. I suggest taking pictures as well. If it gets fixed you should take a video of the two sabers in action Tongue This time around Luke won I guess Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 07:02:17 PM »

I agree with Zren, try some brand new batteries and see if it still has that faint glow, if it does, contact US.

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 02:14:57 AM »

The above answer are mostl likely the correct one. But the concept of glow in the dark blade film intrgues me.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 03:31:41 AM »

Hi.  If it is indeed a rc port then the saber is drawing some misdirected current from the wall plug when it has been connected or plugged in.  I know that I'm not explaining the possible situation well... but it is better to not be plugged in until things are sorted out to avoid any kind of arching/bridging of electrical current... which could cause permanent damage.

I had this happen to another guy's saber as SFD may recall.  Sad

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 04:23:46 AM »

I had this happen to another guy's saber as SFD may recall.  Sad

That's one of the things that made me think it could be a bad RCP.

Death Cyborg
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -45

Naughty Person

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 11:34:38 AM »

I've had this happen  on things other than sabers. On one device there was an led indicator light to let you know it was charging.  In the dark, that led had enough brightness to light up the inside of the device, including the edges of a clear LCD screen cover. It made the LCD screen look like it was turned on in a low power mode, but it was actually off. Is your charger plug illuminated ? If it is it could be lighting up the inside of the hilt and the light traveling to the blade ( the hilt is basically a hollow tube). Try unplugging the charger in the dark, also try another charger to see if it does it again.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Sabers Owned:
Initiate V2 with Sun Riders Destiny Heavy Grade UE Blade
Dark Initiate V2 with Fire Orange Mid Grade Blade
For now......Mwahahahahahaha !!!
(__(((((__o_(((_]]                                                           
(__(((((__0_(((_]]                                                            

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 12:12:12 PM »

I think the advice everyone has given is spot on . You could try isolating the problem. When it's not plugged in does it glow? If it does then its probably not the port, if it doesn't then I would start at the port. Also try resetting the batteries ( equivalent of turning it off and on). Also knowing if it is a illuminated switch would also help trouble shooting. ( as mentioned if it is it could reflect through the hilt. Let us know what you find out.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 08:37:49 PM »

Everyone’s solid advice on matters like this are one of the reasons why this forum is such a great place to be part of. Have a point everyone

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 09:17:30 PM »

Any updates?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Resistance94
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 04:49:33 AM »

You all are amazing. Thanks for your replies! I did take the batteries out and it doesn’t glow then.  When I put them back in, that is when it glows. I unplugged it and sent an email to ultrasabers. I am hoping I don’t have to pay a huge amount to get it fixed. I just don’t know what caused it and I hope I don’t use it and have it happen again!

Again, thanks to you all for the help so far!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »

You're welcome, let us know the outcome but I'm pretty sure that US will take care of you.

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 06:22:46 PM »

You all are amazing. Thanks for your replies! I did take the batteries out and it doesn’t glow then.  When I put them back in, that is when it glows. I unplugged it and sent an email to ultrasabers. I am hoping I don’t have to pay a huge amount to get it fixed. I just don’t know what caused it and I hope I don’t use it and have it happen again!

Again, thanks to you all for the help so far!

Yeah, US is great with customer service. If it's under warranty, you may only have to pay for the shipping. Let us know what they say.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: