Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED module loose  (Read 1733 times)
UberDave
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: August 11, 2018, 06:09:52 PM »

So I got my sentinel v4 the other day, but today when I was spinning it, i noticed that the light would dim sometimes. After investigating it a bit, I found that something is loose in the LED module.  It looks like that reflective dome in the LED module is loose and it moves out of place when the saber is turned upside down.  Is this something I can easily fix?  Or is it something that Ultrasabers would cover if I sent back? 

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 06:14:44 PM »

If you have basic wiring and soldering know how, sure, you can tackle it; however, being that it's new, you do have a 1 year warranty for the saber and I don't advise tearing it apart if you want it covered under warranty.  I would email info@ultrasabers.com and they them your saber's issue. 

UberDave
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 06:19:46 PM »

Okay so I would have to do some wiring then?  I wasnt sure if this was just something I had to glue down.  The LED still seems to be working fine it's just the reflective bowl aims it the wrong way when I turn it upside down.

It just sucks because I was really trying to take it with me to a festival in a couple weeks and I dont know if I will get it back by then If i send it in.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 02:59:28 AM »

If it is just the lens being loose in the LED module, you should be able to remove the blade and tap the module out, there should be enough excess wiring to allow it to do so. Then you can just GENTLY grip the wires and slowly screw the heat sink back into the module till it is tight.

Note: this is only from my knowledge of my Dorian, Aeon v4, Initiate v4's, Manticore, Azure Reaper & Archon v3.1. None of the LED modules in this list are press fit. I suspect the Sentinel also has a free-floating LED module.

My Lost Gray has a press-fit module which normally should not move. Other sabers, I am not sure of.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 04:00:38 AM »

I agree with chalion.  But I have not always been able to carefully get the LED housing out of the emitter of some of my Aeon/Dominix/Sentinel lines.  Perhaps not long enough wiring or the wires are wrapped too tightly around the switch area.  You could take a flashlight and have a good look from the pommel end.  If everything looks okay... then take a long wooden/plastic stick like a chopstick along the opposite side of the switch and try to nudge the housing out of the emitter.  Make sure not to get stuck or put pressure on the wires.  This is for if the LED does not come out easily.

When tightening the base of the module do so gently with clean dry hands.  Hope this works and if not you will need to first send an email to customerservice@ultrasabers.com .  You must clearly explain the problem and email at least one clear photo or short video.  Will need the invoice # of your order so that the staff can look it up.  It shouldn't take too long to get it fixed but ask them first as there is no guarantee that the saber will be returned by the date you would want to have it back.  Smiley

UberDave
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 05:56:31 AM »

I emailed customer support and they told me to tighten the LED casing.   It was a pretty easy fix.  I'm glad I didn't have to send it in.

Darth_Severus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 01:01:34 AM »

So i bought my first saber which was an Initiate v4 (grab bag) and i took out the blade and felt that the LED rattles a lot. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 01:05:22 AM »

LED module in the V2, v3, v4 and v5 line aren't secured in the hilt if a blade or blade plug aren't installed. It's part of how the hilt is designed. There's a ridge inside the hilt that the bottom end of the module rests against and the blade or plug is pushed down on it and when the retention screw is tightened, it all keeps the module in place. Simple, but effective design.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: