Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth Revan from Calgary Expo 2018  (Read 2212 times)
Obsidian_Grinch
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« on: August 13, 2018, 03:14:34 AM »

I thought I would share the Revan cosplay I made for this years Calgary Expo. This was my first full costume from scratch, and my first entry into competition. Ended up winning runner-up in the Novice division. Next years is already in the works, and will be another Old Republic sith - Darth Malgus.

Of course I used a couple of my Ultrasabers, and got so many compliments on how good the sabers looked. They turned out unbelievable on stage. The host had me light them up from backstage as I was announced, and the effect on the curtains along the back of the stage was incredible and really got the crowd going. Used my Scorpion and Archon v3.1 body w/ Menace emitter.

https://imgur.com/gallery/1m386TQ
https://www.facebook.com/CalgaryExpo/photos/a.10156320488609911.1073741833.220447669910/10156320493144911/?type=3&theater

Anyone seeing me there next year, be sure to say hi! I'll probably have Revan on at some point.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 03:41:04 AM »

That's a great cosplay costume and a duel saber wielder with both of Revan's blade colors.  Welcome fellow Cannuck.  I'm your neighbor in BC.  Smiley

here's your 1st dark side forum appreciation point  Cool

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 03:49:45 AM »

Hello there! Great costume you have there, love the BR And VA blades you have with your sabers. I have to admit that the Reaper with the BR is pretty sinister looking and your costume is amazing. Did you put it together yourself if you you purchase it somewhere?  Kudos to you anyhow

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 06:10:03 AM »

Great cosplay, job well done!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »

I commend you on your cosplay and entering competition, great job here! Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 11:27:02 AM »

Awesome costume, great work on your first go at making one from scratch. Runner up is great for a first go. I'd imagine there were some great entries and you beat all but one.

Obsidian_Grinch
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 04:25:46 PM »

Hello there! Great costume you have there, love the BR And VA blades you have with your sabers. I have to admit that the Reaper with the BR is pretty sinister looking and your costume is amazing. Did you put it together yourself if you you purchase it somewhere?  Kudos to you anyhow

Thanks! The sabers really pulled the whole thing together. Everything except the sabers, boots, and pants was made by me. I was going to make the pants too, but I decided a pair of martial arts pants would work fine since they were going to be hidden underneath all that wool, and comfort under the armor was at a premium. I didn't use any patterns for the fabric, so everything was totally custom. It was a labour of love and hate!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 04:44:21 PM »

Thanks! The sabers really pulled the whole thing together. Everything except the sabers, boots, and pants was made by me. I was going to make the pants too, but I decided a pair of martial arts pants would work fine since they were going to be hidden underneath all that wool, and comfort under the armor was at a premium. I didn't use any patterns for the fabric, so everything was totally custom. It was a labour of love and hate!

You did fine work on your costume and the martial arts pants fit well with it all.   I was going to ask about the temp underneath the costume but you pretty much told me.  Again, nice work. Have a point.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 02:56:55 AM »

Definitely nice work on that.
Revan was a favorite of mine, and you did the character proud

Obsidian_Grinch
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 02:51:45 PM »

Definitely nice work on that.
Revan was a favorite of mine, and you did the character proud

Thanks!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 06:28:52 PM »

Outstanding work OG!  Made even moreso amazing by the fact that you made most of it yourself!  I commend you on your artistry  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 02:17:43 AM »

Very impressive.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: