Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My first Diamond Saber  (Read 1943 times)
Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

Darkside

« on: August 13, 2018, 03:12:25 PM »

This weekend I finally ordered a Diamond Controller. I've been wanting one for some time now and I finally pulled the trigger and picked one up. I got the Manticore set up with it and I can't wait to customize it. I'm really excited about it. Now I'll be spamming the tracking as soon as it ships. lol

“I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you.” - Darth Zannah to her Master, Darth Bane

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 04:26:41 PM »

Nice!  Can't wait to see it!  Been playing around with the customization options with the Manticore on the site myself.  I look forward to seeing your review.

Lokan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

(Light Side Points Only)

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:00:16 PM »

I finally pulled the trigger on my first diamond controller saber as well! After many days of obsessing over hilt and blade color I decided to go with the Dorinian diamond controller. I don't believe I've seen any Dorinian diamond controller reviews yet so I'm looking forward to sharing that with everyone!

Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Darkside

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 06:07:54 PM »

Nice! I can't say that I've seen one on the Dorinian yet myself. I look forward to seeing a video on one.

“I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you.” - Darth Zannah to her Master, Darth Bane

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 12:52:36 AM »

I have the diamond in both my Manticore (from a previous flash sale) and Dorinian (from the solo promotion).

I have used the LED color change options, but have not modded the sound fonts. To be truthful, i'm wary of making a faux-pas and probably be forced send the saber(s) back to US to have them fix my fumble-finger mess up. Also I would probably want to take a few days off from work to play around with font creation, if I man-upped for it, lol.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 03:30:08 AM »

IMO you can't really appreciate a Diamond saber until a few hours of your life have gone up in smoke while you poked around in the Diamond editor.  At first I was content to build pretty basic fonts in all the various colors using sound fonts picked up hither and yon.  That was fun.  Then I decided I wanted to figure out a good method to add shimmer.  Several days later I was happy enough to share my results with the forum but I still itch to go back and tweak all of it.  The possible fun cannot be overstated and you can always go back to the defaults as long as you save them before you mess with anything.  Anyway, congrats to any and all new Diamond owners!  Welcome to the party, you're gonna love it!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 03:56:43 AM »

Sounds like a winner to me. I have a diamond controller on my Emperor's Hand. I'm still messing around with it. I won't lie, I'm afraid I will muck it up. Still, I am watching the tutorials over and over. Maybe I will work up the nerve to mix things up. Of course I really like the way I had US set it up. Probably leave it that way and make some new sound fonts.  Anyway, can't wait to see your saber.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 04:46:14 AM »

I need to step up my game a bit and get me a Diamond saber at some point Tongue Just not sure which one or what color set up to do like always x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Darkside

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 12:26:06 PM »

I might have to take a day off of work to admire and play around with all the settings before I go in to make any changes. I can already see my boss rolling his eyes. lol

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 01:17:26 PM »

I might have to take a day off of work to admire and play around with all the settings before I go in to make any changes. I can already see my boss rolling his eyes. lol

I bring my Dominix to work with me everyday (without the blade) and showed it to my boss last week.  He admired it and loved it.  He liked the Graflex that Darth Vader donned so I may purchase one in the future and mod it to look like its cinematic counterpart and gift it to him. 

Lokan
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

(Light Side Points Only)

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 07:44:15 PM »

I'm also awaiting my first diamond controller saber. I honestly never thought I would spring for the top of the line features but here I am anxiously awaiting the shipping confirmation e-mail.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »

I have 4 sabers now but they're all stunts, I'm hoping to get a spectre with either diamond or emerald for my 16th birthday tho. (only 2 months out  Grin Grin )

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:35 AM »

After I bought my first Diamond a year ago in July, I won't go back. Hence why I haven't bought any sabers since October last year with my Graflex SE. I know their are current trends in the saber community right now but I just love my Diamond Controllers.

And yes, I have spent entire days off playing around with mine, once to get the hang of the advanced mode, time flies and soon you will have spent 18 hours on fonts.

I think it it time for another saber.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 01:52:32 PM »

I just sent my Graflex CE in to get upgraded to Diamond yesterday lol can't wait to get it baaaack <3

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Darkside

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 02:11:31 PM »

I love this Diamond controller! Its going to be hard to settle for anything less. I was able to go in and make changes to colors, it was pretty easy.

I'm going to post a video soon. My summer raffle prizes arrive tomorrow so I'm going to make one video covering my Diamond Manticore, Spectre with premium sound and 2 sabers from the grand prize winnings.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: