Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: D-Ring or other Belt-Hanging Suggestions  (Read 2777 times)
vonlordofthesnakes
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 13, 2018, 05:24:13 PM »

Was wondering if anybody had ideas for adding a d-ring, or similar tool to a pommel or windows to hang lightsabers without a cover-tec wheel on your belt.

Am at a loss where to locate small enough d-rings as well. Was thinking either shower curtain hangers or searching Home Depot, or trying a thin O-ring.

Some example sabers I was thinking of adding it to:

Dark Catylyst
Apprentice
Dark Apprentice
Aeon v2
Etc.

May have issues with the Aeon V2 because there are no windows and no available screw holes besides the two blade holders.

Let me know what you think, and May the Force be With Us.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 06:09:18 PM »

How about on the end of the pommel?  Use a drill to make a hole and install the D-ring.

It may be an issue if you want to add sound later, then you would have to relocate it or drill holes for sound around the D-ring.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »

I've made a few PVC sabers that have used d-rings using the same method that Infinite01 used above, but working with PVC is a lot different than metal. I initially found a decent d-ring assortment at Lowe's but then I went to Home Depot to see their selection and wow, Home Depot had a whole drawer of d-rings in a wide variety of shapes, colors, and materials. If your Home Depot is anything like mine then definitely head over there.

As far as hanging it from your belt, I've always wondered what the official method was on Luke's belt, for example. I found this picture:

It looks like just a metal hook attachment and incorporated into the belt itself. Just a warning, when you walk around that saber is bound to jump, jive, and wail and clock you in the knee every so often.  Tongue

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 09:26:04 PM »

TCSS The Custom Saber Shop has D-Rings that you can attach to anywhere on your saber via tap and drill. And try also sell pommels and pommel inserts with D-Rings that will go with any of the sabers you mentioned. You should really give them a look.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 09:30:06 PM »

There's nothing stopping you from attaching a D-Ring or a Covertec through a blade retention hole. I've even heard of Ultrasabers using the blade retention hole as an "above the switch" Covertec location.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 03:30:40 AM »

TCSS The Custom Saber Shop has D-Rings that you can attach to anywhere on your saber via tap and drill. And try also sell pommels and pommel inserts with D-Rings that will go with any of the sabers you mentioned. You should really give them a look.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bingo, I forgot about TCSS. They have to be the easiest option by a long shot, those changeable inserts are the bomb.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

MandaloriansPride
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »

That's what I did with my Grafelx CE. I didn't want to drill through the original pommel that it came with - so i got a pommel/imsert from TCSS and added the Kobold D-Ring they have.

I love it.

Proud Owner of:
Graflex CE w/Diamond Controller
Spectre (Black Hilt) w/Diamond Controller
Lost Gray w/Diamond Controller
Guardian w/Emerald and Obsidian v4
Spectre w/Obsidian v4
Archon v3.1 w/Obsidian v4
Consular w/Obsidian v4
Dark Shock w/Obsidian v4
Arbiter w/Obsidian v3
Shock - installed myself
12 additional Mystery Box sabers

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 12:13:38 PM »

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »

This is what I purchased for a couple of my Initiate V4's, but I needed to buy a snap ring plier to install it. It freely spins around as shown:

Now, for my Chosen One CE, I purchased some heavy duty picture hangers. It has 2 holes in it, but they don't line up with the top thumb screw and the allen screw, so it would have to be drilled out a bit to fit, or another bracket to fit properly:

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: