Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: SUMMER 2018 - First Raffle Winning Sabers  (Read 27774 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« on: August 13, 2018, 09:37:04 PM »

Hi all.  Please post your winning August raffle saber so all can share in your joy and see what you received.  As this is the Gallery section it is intended to be more photo heavy than wordy. There are other threads such as You & Your Saber and Your Saber... also you can start your own thread if you want to have a more extensive conversation.

However... the top winners are expected to go into great details regarding their choices and how they decided upon the saber specifics.  Grin

Congratulations to the winners and I imagine that there will start to be some activity on this thread towards the end of the week and certainly by next week.  Cheesy

« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 03:37:47 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Critias
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 18

[Looking for Light Side Points]

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 07:34:03 PM »

And here's my Spectre (middle), along with my Mystery Box (right) and my RAFFLE PRIZE, WOOHOO, Grab Bag (left). 

Hiya.  I'm a professional geek, gamer, and writer, who's enjoying being new to this level of Star Wars fandom.  Feel free to say howdy (especially if you know my Shadowrun work).

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 07:48:52 PM »

Good job critias!! Those are beauties!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 07:51:15 PM »

Nice sabers and the first one to post here !  How are you liking that quick release coupler ?

point  Cool

members... Critias is wanting light side points... so please help out by removing a dark point and when at 0 give him 8 light points and thanks  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:18:52 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 07:53:24 PM »

Nice sabers you got there, Critias!  I have to say that the Spectre in AS is beautiful and classy.  I like your Initiate, it looks great with that quick disconnect coupler.  How do you like the Apprentice?  Point.

Critias
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 08:27:06 PM »

I've already had fun swapping pommels around and seeing which ones I like where.  Right now I've settled (however temporarily) on putting the Spectre's pommel on the Initiate (the balance with that extra weight at the back-end is AMAZING, the thing feels alive when you swing it), and then I've got the Quick-Release set up on the Spectre and Dominix (with the larger female piece on the Spectre for balance and matching the heftier size of the grip, and the sharp-looking male piece actually looks kind of sinister protruding from the Dominix).

The Quick-Release is really cool.  There's just a little bit of wiggle when the sabers are together, but that's to be expected, and there's a really amazing feeling of sudden freedom/lightness/liberation when you uncouple them and start swinging.  My apartment is very much not large enough I can try any twirling at all (with the sabers connected and my regular-length blades I had MAYBE an inch of 'play' from floor to ceiling), but even without the blades on, it's just a really cool sensation to be swinging the conjoined hilts around like a short staff and then to suddenly break them apart into a pair of foot-long aluminum clubs. 

So, yeah.  Super satisfied with my purchase(s), and really psyched by my Raffle win and extra goodies. 

Extra props to Ultra Sabers for letting me add the Quick-Release after the Raffle win;  once I knew I had an extra saber coming I (a) knew I'd want to toss them a little extra business to say thank you, and (b) knew I'd have THREE sabers to play with, so I'd find some hilts where the QRC would be a nice fit.  They were awesome enough to let me add it to my order after-the-fact and still get the free shipping, etc, which was really nice of them.

I'm uploading my unboxing video now, and I'll try to find the right thread to share it in, shortly!  Cheesy

Hiya.  I'm a professional geek, gamer, and writer, who's enjoying being new to this level of Star Wars fandom.  Feel free to say howdy (especially if you know my Shadowrun work).

MNewell1
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 47

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »

And here's my Spectre (middle), along with my Mystery Box (right) and my RAFFLE PRIZE, WOOHOO, Grab Bag (left). 

Very Nice!  Point for you!

MNewell1

Sabers Owned:  Crimson Scorpion - Tri FO
                        Aeon v4 - AB
                        Dark Sentinel LE v4 - Tri AS
                        Initiate v3 - Tri CG
                        Apprentice LE v4 - Tri GB

Wish List:  Emperor's Hand - VA
                Dominix LE v4 - SRD

Critias
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 09:11:31 PM »

Nice sabers you got there, Critias!  I have to say that the Spectre in AS is beautiful and classy.  I like your Initiate, it looks great with that quick disconnect coupler.  How do you like the Apprentice?  Point.
I'm a sucker for the Adegan Silver, yeah.  I dabbled with an orange and yellow disk, and it DOES come out a really pretty golden shade, and with just a single light-blue disk in the white gets a nice silvery sheen...but, man, there's just something really crisp about the pure white, with the monochromatic black/silver hilt.  I'm gonna have to get the rest of my cosplay together and see which way it really pops, I think.  I knew going into this that the Spectre would be my baby, and the other two would just be nice extras, and I couldn't be happier with it.  The size, the weight, the balance of it, the ports...I'm in love.

The other two have been really cool, too, don't get me wrong!  My wife likes them because they're far more slender to grip than the Spectre (which is sized much more for my hands than hers, she's got teeny little arms).  I can't get over the amazing balance of the Initiate when it's got a mid-grade blade and that chunky Spectre pommel on there.  It's really fantastic.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 10:29:32 PM »

That's a great looking group of sabers. Smiley

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2018, 11:11:48 PM »

Nice pull, the Dominix and Sentinel are 2 of my favorite dueling/spinning sabers. The Spectre is in its trial month for me I can't seem to get used to the cheese grater shroud on my hands. The emitter and pommel and overall look are awesome though.
Point for the share

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2018, 11:14:30 PM »

I'm a sucker for the Adegan Silver, yeah.  I dabbled with an orange and yellow disk, and it DOES come out a really pretty golden shade, and with just a single light-blue disk in the white gets a nice silvery sheen...but, man, there's just something really crisp about the pure white, with the monochromatic black/silver hilt.  I'm gonna have to get the rest of my cosplay together and see which way it really pops, I think.  I knew going into this that the Spectre would be my baby, and the other two would just be nice extras, and I couldn't be happier with it.  The size, the weight, the balance of it, the ports...I'm in love.

The other two have been really cool, too, don't get me wrong!  My wife likes them because they're far more slender to grip than the Spectre (which is sized much more for my hands than hers, she's got teeny little arms).  I can't get over the amazing balance of the Initiate when it's got a mid-grade blade and that chunky Spectre pommel on there.  It's really fantastic.

Good to hear, I have a saber with AS coming in soon and can’t wait to see it’s pure white along with playing around with Lee and Rosco filters.  I didn’t opt for the disks due to me wanting the filters more.  I have two initiates that I plan on turning into a staff and they’re polar opposites with one being sicker and one being black. My silver one is the one that I spin with and I love it. It’s easy to handle and well balanced. Have a point

justvladik
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 03:48:23 AM »

This is my everything unboxed, all stunt, but awesome nevertheless! The V4 Apprentice on the left is my raffle win (yay!) which got immediately confiscated by my girlfriend who loves it, next to it the LE Sentinel is from first Mystery box, the two V3 Dark Iniates are to complement my two which I already own, one green and one red, so I get a red staff and blue/green dual wield, and the yellow V3 Dominix is second Mystery. Only shame is that that the colors aren't switched between the Dominix and Sentinel, I'd love the gold accented hilt to be yellow, and the black saber to have a red blade. Still pretty happy tho!

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 08:13:57 AM »

Good to see your sabers, really cool !
Good job all !

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 09:07:06 AM »

That's a great looking group of sabers.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 11:59:01 AM »

This is my everything unboxed, all stunt, but awesome nevertheless! The V4 Apprentice on the left is my raffle win (yay!) which got immediately confiscated by my girlfriend who loves it, next to it the LE Sentinel is from first Mystery box, the two V3 Dark Iniates are to complement my two which I already own, one green and one red, so I get a red staff and blue/green dual wield, and the yellow V3 Dominix is second Mystery. Only shame is that that the colors aren't switched between the Dominix and Sentinel, I'd love the gold accented hilt to be yellow, and the black saber to have a red blade. Still pretty happy tho!

Gorgeous sabers you have there, justvladik.  That yellow in the Dominix is really good looking, I say keep it yellow but you can always swap the LEDs between the Dominix and your Sentinel if you want.  Congrats on your saber and raffle win!  What side of the Force do you lean towards? Dark or Light?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: