Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Phantom Double Saber  (Read 1740 times)
Sekhmet
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 16, 2018, 02:32:29 AM »

Hi, folks. I just received my saber today and was wondering if anyone knows a trick to get the activation buttons on these guys to line up once I hook them together? Right now every time I screw them together the buttons are completely opposite. I hit one with my thumb and the other with my index finger, but it would look so much better if I could get them right.  Many thanks in advance

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:15:22 AM »

Hi.  There is a flush adjustable coupler option that comes in silver or black.  It will add a few inches on to the length of your staff.  If you purchased the Aeon/Dominix v2 version then the small hidden coupler that came with the staff is the only one that will fit.  

You could try using a timing shim or an 0 ring on one saber to see if you get a closer alignment... but the mentioned coupler is the best way to go.  It comes with the allen wrench that you will need to make the adjustments.  

Here's a photo of the silver coupler with black 0 rings, then the standard free regular staff and v2 couplers. I have put black sponge padding on the ends to protect the stunt battery packs.  Smiley

Sekhmet
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 03:58:36 AM »

Thanks. I have a V4 and it's definitely an Aeon. I'll play around and see what I can do. I love your idea of using the sponge. I was trying to think of something to secure them a bit better. Right now I think I'm going to add another strip of Velcro around one of my packs since I have a battery that keeps trying to escape.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »

Point to Dauntless for the best info

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »

Thanks. I have a V4 and it's definitely an Aeon. I'll play around and see what I can do. I love your idea of using the sponge. I was trying to think of something to secure them a bit better. Right now I think I'm going to add another strip of Velcro around one of my packs since I have a battery that keeps trying to escape.

I had the same battery problem. What I went for was using a rubber band around the batteries and wrapping a strip of faux-leather (left from a costume I made) around the whole battery pack so it still slides in and out but doesn't have as much space to move around. I also use the faux-leather strip to pull the battery pack out without effort.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 01:20:11 PM »

Great idea!  I was wondering what to do so that the batteries don't pop out since velcro doesn't work well and it's thick

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 01:28:27 PM »

I'll try to take a couple pictures when I find the time

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »

This is some other member's idea but it works so well.  If you have the x4 AAA battery pack then you can slip that flexible black blade cap on the bottom and partially over the saber batteries.  It works.  Let's see if I can snap a pic.

Sorry for the large pics.  imgur doesn't want to let me resize the photos... that is happening too much lately.  Undecided

1)  battery pack with sponge protector on bottom

2)  battery pack with circle sponge removed and blade cap put on... you do need to stretch it over and there might not be room for such a wide Velcro but can be cut down or buy a narrow strip

3)  a close up for those that like large details

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 03:35:03 PM »

Hi, folks. I just received my saber today and was wondering if anyone knows a trick to get the activation buttons on these guys to line up once I hook them together? Right now every time I screw them together the buttons are completely opposite. I hit one with my thumb and the other with my index finger, but it would look so much better if I could get them right.  Many thanks in advance

Narrow o-rings make a good shim to use for alignment as well, or a narrow small-diameter rubber band.  Two of those can also serve as a very nice dampener for vibrations and a lock-nut washer as well. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 03:58:23 PM »

This is some other member's idea but it works so well.  If you have the x4 AAA battery pack then you can slip that flexible black blade cap on the bottom and partially over the saber batteries.  It works.  Let's see if I can snap a pic.

Sorry for the large pics.  imgur doesn't want to let me resize the photos... that is happening too much lately.  Undecided

1)  battery pack with sponge protector on bottom

2)  battery pack with circle sponge removed and blade cap put on... you do need to stretch it over and there might not be room for such a wide Velcro but can be cut down or buy a narrow strip

3)  a close up for those that like large details

Great idea and nice work on the instructions, Dauntless.  Point for innovation and being knowledgeable as always.

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »

Great idea yes !

As soon as I get my saber I'll do it !

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 04:40:43 PM »

My answer to the battery issue:

I placed the rubber band around the batteries, then wrap the faux-leather around the pack and use the velcro to hold it together

Sabers Owned

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 04:42:41 PM »

Good idea but it looks like a tight fit.  How is the battery heat dissipation ?  Smiley

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 04:46:21 PM »

Good idea but it looks like a tight fit.  How is the battery heat dissipation ?  Smiley

Not that bad, but I never leave it on for more than an hour at a time so I guess I never really tested it's limits for the heat.

Sabers Owned

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »

I use black electrical tape on mine, and it holds up well both on keeping the batteries in and with heat build up. I'll try to get some pictures up after I get home from work today.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: