Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: OBSIDIAN SOUNDBOARD - ISSUES AFTER STARTUP TAG - WIRING ISSUES ? -  (Read 2193 times)
TinyWolf
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 16, 2018, 07:38:34 PM »

Hello fellow Jedi, Sith, SaberSmiths.

First time posting on this forum, so I hope I am posting in the right area. I've been trying to upgrade a stunt saber, to a V4 Obsidian sound saber.

I have all the components and everything is wired according to the diagrams found online/Ultrasabersforum.

I had it working earlier, but the sound was very "staticky". So I attempted to rewire it, again according to the diagrams. 

But once i put in the fully charged batteries, all i get is the Obsidian startup tag, then nothing happens.

It wont turn on when the switch is pressed. And after a few rewiring attempts, i just get the same result, the obsidian tag plays, but nothing afterwards.

Anyone with any info on what may be wrong, or what i may be doing wrong, would be really helpful.

Thanks, and may the force be with you.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:49:15 PM »

Static sounds could result from a damaged speaker or a damaged sound board. You use the correct batteries, the 14500 Li-Ions? Don't try to use rechargeable AA Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries, they don't provide enough power!

Is the startup tag also static or only the actual fonts? If it's only the font, formatting the board and re-uploading the default fonts may help. It could be a problem with the font files currently on the board.

If all of this doesn't help, you may need new parts - either the speaker combo or the board or both, depending on the outcome of the tests.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

TinyWolf
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 01:01:24 AM »

I am using the Li-Ion 14500 batteries. (All the batteries I’ve used have been supplied by UltraSabers and work perfectly in my other Sabers.)

I have attempted switching out the batteries for a different pair of the exact same type

Also I’ve attempted wiring the soundboard to a different speaker, but the static sound persists, and it still won’t do anything past the Obsidian startup tag.

I’ve also attempted using other momentary switches, and different LEDs, and can’t seem to get the soundboard to do anything.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 02:19:27 AM »

Wondering if you may have miswired something and fried it?
Hard to say, just going by what you're describing.
I've wired 3 without any of the problems you're describing

TinyWolf
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »

The sound was staticky from the first time I started it.

However there could have been a wiring problem, or possibly damage to the soundboard that’s causing the issue.

I still cant seem to get the Soundboard to operate properly, the staticky Obsidian startup is still all it will do.

I can only assume that I must have accedently fried the soundboard, or inadvertently done damage to the soundboard. Thus the reasoning for the lack of proper operation.

I’ll order a new Obsidian soundboard to see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks everyone for your responses to this issue.

Any other tips, or tricks, on how to possibly repair a soundboard ?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 05:43:57 PM »

If it's a memory problem, you can try to format the board. However, damages to the boards are quite difficult to repair, in most cases it's impossible and you need to replace it.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2018, 10:14:52 PM »

If you just got the board, e-mail support and ask them if you can exchange it. Even DIY electronics are covered (to a certain extent) under the warranty. At least see what they say about it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: