Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: No sound and other issues with v4  (Read 2084 times)
removinguncle21
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 17, 2018, 09:04:46 PM »

First post.

I have a manticore with v4 that has started to become really glitchy within the first few weeks of owning it.

First problem was it would stop "clashing" on impacts after the first three or four impacts (not even duelling)
Second problem was the speaker starting to pop on each swing and clash, which I think is a file issue not a hardware issue

Third issue which is got me at the end of my rope is the LED started flickering (not lock up), so I pulled the batteries thinking they were low, once fully charged and back in, now there's no sound. The LED doesnt flicker anymore though.

This is where it gets weird. With the board out of the hilt, I can hear the startup, hum, lockup, and shutdown "noise" like a static coming form the board...not the speaker, the board itself.

I have repudiated firmware, took the batteries out for a few mins and back in, and erased the memory and reload sound boards. Problem persist.
Only thing left is to try spinning...thats a good trick.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 09:09:02 PM »

If it doesn’t get resolved, I’d email customerservice@ultrasabers.com

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 10:01:48 PM »

Did you charge the batteries? I'm not trying to patronize you, but you'd be surprised how many people didn't and that's what causes the issues. Give 'em a good  charge, all the way up to 100%. Then, if the problem persists, do as the infinite one suggests and e-mail support.

Zer0Cool
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 08:18:23 PM »

Mine does the same thing. Make sure you have full charged batteries. Also set your blade to a medium-low brightness and lower the volume of the sound. This will give you much longer play time and not glitch out as fast. The string blade is a battery killer.

Lithim Ion batteries put out less and less volts as they are drained. I notice when my battery is below 40% my menus will start to glitch out. When I get to around 20% my blade starts glitching out with rainbow lights. I noticed the the menus drain a lot of power. More than just the regular blade.

That is my experience.

Hope it helps.

-Z

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: