Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Inside the hilt  (Read 2110 times)
Bloodthirsty-1
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

My ship is the "Centennial Pigeon"

« on: August 19, 2018, 12:23:11 AM »

Is it possible to swap out the Hilt inners. How would I do it? Are there any instructions on how to do it? Step by step or something? I don't just want to rip it apart and mess anything up. Can anyone Help? Please?

My Sabers:
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 w/ lines / Consular Green Stunt, MB.
Dark Arbiter / Blazing Red Lite Sound, MB.
Dark Sentinel LE / Blazing Red Lite Sound Silver FoC, MB.
Initiate LE v3 w/ Shock LE Pommel / Violet Amethyst Lite Sound Silver FoC .
Aeon LE v2 / Consular Green Stunt, GB.
Initiate LE v4 / Blazing Red w/Windows Stunt MB
Fulcrum  Emerald Driver w/ Sound MB

Madness
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -61

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 01:05:40 AM »

What are you trying to do brother? And I assume it's an ultrasaber saber?

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 01:54:15 AM »

Note: If you play around with user mods to an UltraSabers saber, you void the warranty.

That being said, US sabers are basically hand made. From battery holder - sound card,led driver card (if purchased), switch to led module, they're usually wired together and not made to be taken apart by you. If you have a non-rgb/rgw led, you can ask to have quick release connectors added for cost, but that's the only thing usually changeable.

Also, AV/guarded switches are usually hot glued into place and are annoying to remove.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 02:01:47 AM »

You can remove the electronics in any Ultra Saber hilts but as previously mentioned, it will void the warranty so make sure you know how to solder and the basic electronics knowledge. 

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 02:42:55 AM »

Yes, it's possible. Whether or not it's advisable is up to you. I've done it, but I'm crazy like that. Wink As others have said, if it's still under warranty, you'll void the warranty. As far as I know, there are no actual guides for doing this, but it's fairly straightforward.

Disclaimer: None of this should be attempted unless you're reasonably certain you'll succeed. It does require basic electronics and soldering skills.

Depending on which setup you have, the wiring is either really simple or complex. With a stunt setup, it's basically just two wires, a switch and an LED. All you have to do with a stunt is take the switch out, either desolder or snip the wires (best to take the batteries out first) and then snip the negative (black) wire going to the battery pack. After that, the battery pack will come out one end, the LED out the other end. Put that in the other saber, solder the switch wires back, and the negative wire back together and you're good to go.

Sound is much more complex. Obsidian wiring diagrams can be found here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=6717.0

Don't worry, it hasn't changed for the V3 and V4. V3 and V4 setups usually have a buck puck, which is attached to the battery pack and board right under the front of the board, and is wrapped in electrical tape. There should be 4 or 5 wires going down into the hilt from this. Two are white and blue, those are your battery positive and negative wires. Two more should be the same color (US usually uses gray) and are your switch wires. If you have flash on clash, that's when you'll have a fifth wire. Snip all of these. Take the whole battery/board/speaker pack out, take your switch out and your LED, transfer that all to the other hilt and resolder the wires.

Don't ask me about Emerald or Diamond setups. I have no experience with these. Also, I'd assume Obsidian Lite is basically the same as V3/4, but the wire colors might be slightly different as it won't have a buck puck.

Bloodthirsty-1
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

My ship is the "Centennial Pigeon"

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »

Ok thanks everyone. I think I'll just keep ordering more sabers! lol I can solder and have a pretty good idea of electronics. But voiding the warranty is not an option! Cheesy

My Sabers:
Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 w/ lines / Consular Green Stunt, MB.
Dark Arbiter / Blazing Red Lite Sound, MB.
Dark Sentinel LE / Blazing Red Lite Sound Silver FoC, MB.
Initiate LE v3 w/ Shock LE Pommel / Violet Amethyst Lite Sound Silver FoC .
Aeon LE v2 / Consular Green Stunt, GB.
Initiate LE v4 / Blazing Red w/Windows Stunt MB
Fulcrum  Emerald Driver w/ Sound MB

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2018, 02:11:31 PM »

Ok thanks everyone. I think I'll just keep ordering more sabers! lol I can solder and have a pretty good idea of electronics. But voiding the warranty is not an option! Cheesy

I’d go with $200.00 Mystery boxes of you can wing it, always a guaranteed sound saber with those

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 11:38:07 PM »

I want a M.B.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 11:56:47 PM »

I want a M.B.

Me too, X 3 - 2 + 5 = ^5 / 2

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 12:03:49 AM »

Me too, X 3 - 2 + 5 = ^5 / 2

Droid, please! I don't speak that! Wink

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 12:04:36 AM »

Droid, please! I don't speak that! Wink

The answer is 3888.    Grin

Roger, roger

justvladik
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 04:00:06 AM »

Hey folks, quick question, should I want to swap stunt LED modules to invert the colors between Dominix and Sentinel hilt, you just snip the negatives, take out the LED modules, swap 'em and solder them back together in the other saber? I will most likely keep it as it is for the time being, but if I get bored, this is the correct way to do it?  Grin

I'd just love the gold accented sentinel to have the yellow Dominix blade instead.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 12:33:35 PM »

Check this page:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37247.0

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2018, 12:40:48 PM »

You're going to need to remove the switches and snip or desolder the wire running to the LED. Then, yes, you can simply snip the negatives and do the switch, then solder everything back together. Stunt wiring is very simple, making color swaps pretty easy. Smiley

Though, it will of course void your warranty.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2018, 12:53:01 PM »

Though, it will of course void your warranty.

What scifidude said, do so at your own risk.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: