Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Help us Help you Artistry Section  (Read 3788 times)
Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« on: August 19, 2018, 11:24:35 AM »

I wanted to start this as a new thread for ideas, goals, training methods, or simply a place to ask fellow members for tips, tricks or anything in between. This being the artistry section, we have lots of people with many different skills.

So, to start of us off. What would the community like to see more of? We have plenty of " Flourish " Videos on a regular basis. (keep em' comin' )

I WAS playing around with an idea on how to play a game kind of like Horse, but with Saber techniques.
I also teach a method called " Chaining ". Which requires a minimum of 3 people to play.

Anyway, have an idea? throw it out there. Want to see more of something? Let us know.

What is it this section wants more of?

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 07:24:02 PM »

I watched a few vids of yours and was reminded of some old kali drills from back in the day. Lately, practice with two sabers has been my main focus. I’m particularly interested in any techniques related to dual saber improvement. Thank you master.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 04:25:55 AM »

I think I would love to see maybe a video of J.o.E playing Ninja with lightsabers. Grin

Besides that, I would love to see more tutorials. That is probably my biggest request. I know there are a ton of tutorials on Youtube, but I don't really care to get on there much, and honestly, being posted on here is way more practical for me.

I am interested in this "Chaining" you mentioned as well. Would love to see what you mean by that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »

I'd like to see more saberstaff videos. I'd make them myself but I'm lacking a saberstaff and a camera.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 08:49:36 PM »

Anything staff related in particular?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 10:25:18 PM »

I'd like to see more saberstaff videos. I'd make them myself but I'm lacking a saberstaff and a camera.

This

Anything staff related in particular?

I’m new to this so no clue

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 10:36:16 PM »

Quite frankly I watch the crap out of your vids Sam, and love all your stuff. Actually, really I should just start practicing the stuff you do from vid one all the was thorough to the stuff you shot today!!!

AS

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 11:13:06 PM »

For staff practice I'd humbly offer one of our element forms, the Entropy.
If any of you are after something not necessarily spectacular but basic and (hopefully) helpful to develop your stability and saber control further, this might be one way to do it.
It's rather a demo than a tutorial (which I very much due to make of these forms eventually) but as a form it contains a bleuprint of a series of moves covering a few combat elements. It aims to develop more focus and control over the saber staff combined with more stability in stances to support the whole structure including you and your staff.
Hope this helps a bit for some of you!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuWEKdeeogw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 11:18:41 PM »

Hmmm...I'm taking notes Medwyn.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 11:23:16 PM »

Hi Samhain,

Believe me you will making a lot of notes, I once studied one of Master Medwyn's videos for a project I did for him and I counted over 29 techniques in under 30 seconds of footage!

I could (and do sometimes) watch these vids for hours.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 11:35:56 PM »

Thank you master! I’m especially grateful for the slow down portions. All I need now is a staff...

AS

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 12:17:39 AM »

Hi Samhain,

Believe me you will making a lot of notes, I once studied one of Master Medwyn's videos for a project I did for him and I counted over 29 techniques in under 30 seconds of footage!

I could (and do sometimes) watch these vids for hours.

I like to take inspiration from stuff.  I'll pick a move I really like and try to work on it and see how it mixes in to what I already do.  I'd drive myself nuts if I tried to emulate Medwyn.  I'll never have that kind of foot work lol.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 12:24:18 AM »

I'd drive myself nuts if I tried to emulate Medwyn.  I'll never have that kind of foot work lol.

I know exactly what you mean, have you seen his video "Water over Ice"? Master Medwyn does all this stuff out in the snow and ice! I do believe though he has quite a few years of martial arts study behind him, so all we can do is practice, practice and practice abit more. And you already have a good start.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 01:48:52 AM »

Modified Kali Drill...

https://youtu.be/J_SiTjcanCI

AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 02:27:18 AM »

I know exactly what you mean, have you seen his video "Water over Ice"? Master Medwyn does all this stuff out in the snow and ice! I do believe though he has quite a few years of martial arts study behind him, so all we can do is practice, practice and practice abit more. And you already have a good start.

I'm not downplaying that video at all (in fact I absolutely loved it), but moving, walking, running, etc. on ice isn't hard if you've done as much of it as I have. That being said, I am not nearly as fluid with my sabers on the ice as Master Medwyn is.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: