Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Brood Guard Review  (Read 2801 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 11:38:04 AM »

Nice night time demo, love it!  You are really formidable with those twin Broodguards there, Jarka.  You've already inspired me to build my own which is now in my wish list.  Have another point.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »

great job Jarka. looking great!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Waltzy96
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 03:38:03 AM »

My review of the Brood Guard is now on YouTube. I am sorry for the poor quality, I have very limited video recording resources.

I love this saber! It is my favorite and I cannot imagine not having them (I have 2 for dual wielding).

! No longer available

Are you doing a kata in the video? You seem pretty familiar with tonfa from the movements

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2021, 09:07:19 AM »

Ok. I would never have considered those sabers prior to watching your videos. Now, as a martial arts enthusiast, I'm quite tempted.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 08:47:19 PM »

I'll agree with the others, this is a very well done review video! I also had not even really considered a tonfa style lightsaber personally. But you raised great points and demonstrated the utility of the weapons well afterward. I never really thought about it in depth, so I hadn't understood the "super short blade" brood guards I'd seen. Now, thanks to you, I get it... to be able to fully employ those close to body spins and not strike yourself. Plus it implies a sick level of skill to strike an opponent or block with 4-6 inches of blade. I'm with Darth Rondoudou, you've made me a fan.

As far as that handle unscrewing itself gradually through force of the motions (I'd think someone may have suggested as much by now but) possibly using Loctite in an adequate amount would hold the handle in place for an extended duration.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: