Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsaber Cane Project  (Read 1969 times)
Draddog
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 36

« on: August 22, 2018, 03:51:22 AM »

Hopefully this is okay to share. Inspired by a cosplayer I found on /r/lightsabers and using a lot of the comments and feedback here on this forum, as well as super helpful people at Ultrasabers, I've put together three lightsaber canes - two using Ultrasabers hilts and one from another company. Thought you guys might enjoy seeing how they came together:

https://youtu.be/Mk2QzA_AVv4

Thanks!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 05:04:04 AM »

That's a cool project, nice work. Personally, I would have just used the Brood Guard, but whatever works for you. Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:09:43 AM »

Hi.  That Brood Guard really makes for a good cane.  The " Elemental " is actually called an Electrum Wind.  Glad that you can turn off the sound as that would be cool for awhile but then start to get repetitive annoying.  Best wishes for a complete recovery sooner than later.  Smiley

point  Cool

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »

That’s a cool project and a gr at idea you have there, draddog.  I too would would the Nrrodguard since it has the second handle that sticks out making it more “cane like”

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 08:19:53 AM »

First of all best wishes on your recovery! You are going to be doing it in style, very nice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Draddog
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 08:04:02 PM »

Hi.  That Brood Guard really makes for a good cane.  The " Elemental " is actually called an Electrum Wind.  Glad that you can turn off the sound as that would be cool for awhile but then start to get repetitive annoying.  Best wishes for a complete recovery sooner than later.  Smiley

point  Cool

Thanks - yeah, I keep getting the name wrong for some reason Smiley

Draddog
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 08:06:05 PM »

That’s a cool project and a gr at idea you have there, draddog.  I too would would the Nrrodguard since it has the second handle that sticks out making it more “cane like”
Yeah, my physical therapists like it the best because it's more ergonomic. I also realized that it has two covertec holes (one on each side), which means that I can have a wheel on each side. That will give me something better to grip onto.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 03:48:31 AM »

That’s a good therapist, you get to have canes and your lightsabers all jam packed into one

NutMegOriginal
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 02:08:08 PM »

Thanks for posting Draddog! I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis this past August and now need a cane to get around 80% of the time. Being only 36, it sucks lol. I have been contemplating making a cane from the Brood Guard since August to make me feel better and use the can more. How did it work for you? Was the extra retention screw beneficial? This would be my first saber, so what are your thoughts on sound vs no sound? I was thinking about using a pivoting tripod cane tip, which I have on my cane now, do you think it would work? How does it hold up (I’m about 180 pounds and would use it prod 4 days a week on average)? Any other advice, would be appreciated
Thanks in advance for the help, and thanks so much for posting

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 05:18:09 PM »

I could use a cane to get up sometimes. Cool Idea

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC