Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: kanan soundfont?  (Read 5703 times)
diablogod
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -27

« on: August 22, 2018, 09:27:07 PM »

has anyone made a kanan sounfont for US? i just got the new hilt and would like the kanan font to go with it.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 01:38:46 PM »

has anyone made a kanan sounfont for US? i just got the new hilt and would like the kanan font to go with it.
It's on my short list diablogod. I'm finishing up LED effect configuration on my "Son of Darkness" font currently, and started development of a new, novelty type font that will take a month or two to complete.

I recently got the Spectre myself, and have a desire to develop a Kanan font for it. It will be a little more difficult because of all the material that needs to be reviewed and ripped; given all the episodes over 4 seasons that need to be looked at. On one hand, the volume of sounds will be plentiful, which will make for a very cool font with a ton of sound choices. On the other hand, it will be quite labor intensive.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 01:45:26 PM »

It's on my short list diablogod. I'm finishing up LED effect configuration on my "Son of Darkness" font currently, and started development of a new, novelty type font that will take a month or two to complete.

I recently got the Spectre myself, and have a desire to develop a Kanan font for it. It will be a little more difficult because of all the material that needs to be reviewed and ripped; given all the episodes over 4 seasons that need to be looked at. On one hand, the volume of sounds will be plentiful, which will make for a very cool font with a ton of sound choices. On the other hand, it will be quite labor intensive.

I look forward to your take on the font, DPM. Have a point for working hard at this, I can tell that you enjoy it

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »

I look forward to your take on the font, DPM. Have a point for working hard at this, I can tell that you enjoy it

I do enjoy it Infinit01 Smiley The enjoyment comes from a combination of a relatively new love for UltraSabers and the opportunity to do something new with audio. I front a Metallica tribute band here in Chicago and have been involved with numerous cover and original bands for years. Through those pursuits, I've done a ton of work with audio, i.e. studio recording, live recording, mixing, mastering, repairing, etc. When I got into UltraSabers and began to understand the possibilities, I thought to myself; "This is audio... I can do this"! Lol. It's a different application for that particular skillset, and an expanded use of all my investment in software.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 03:09:12 PM »

I do enjoy it Infinit01 Smiley The enjoyment comes from a combination of a relatively new love for UltraSabers and the opportunity to do something new with audio. I front a Metallica tribute band here in Chicago and have been involved with numerous cover and original bands for years. Through those pursuits, I've done a ton of work with audio, i.e. studio recording, live recording, mixing, mastering, repairing, etc. When I got into UltraSabers and began to understand the possibilities, I thought to myself; "This is audio... I can do this"! Lol. It's a different application for that particular skillset, and an expanded use of all my investment in software.

Keep doing the great work, DPM. I'm thoroughly enjoying all of your audio projects along with your presence on this forum.  So that tribute band of yours is really awesome, I have to mention on here as well.  The more members that we have on here creating custom sound fonts, the better in my opinion and your works is nothing short of astounding.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 03:49:08 PM »

Keep doing the great work, DPM. I'm thoroughly enjoying all of your audio projects along with your presence on this forum.  So that tribute band of yours is really awesome, I have to mention on here as well.
Much obliged sir, thank you Smiley Music has always been a personal passion. I've kept it up to maintain sanity and balance my day job... so that I don't become a Dark Lord in real life LOL.

The more members that we have on here creating custom sound fonts, the better in my opinion and your works is nothing short of astounding.
Wow, thank you so much for your kind words.  Smiley

I completely agree; all of the amazing contributions from all the creative people on this forum substantially enhance the saber experience without question... and it's just enjoyable to see. I will do everything I can to be a part of that.

Also - thank you for all of your support Infinit01; you are always the first to respond, and you have certainly made me feel welcome here.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 03:55:46 PM »

Much obliged sir, thank you Smiley Music has always been a personal passion. I've kept it up to maintain sanity and balance my day job... so that I don't become a Dark Lord in real life LOL.
Wow, thank you so much for your kind words.  Smiley

You're welcome, keep it up, you have some talent. I understand about music maintaining sanity, although I don't compose, listening to music does help me get through the day and some harsh times.

I completely agree; all of the amazing contributions from all the creative people on this forum substantially enhance the saber experience without question... and it's just enjoyable to see. I will do everything I can to be a part of that.

Also - thank you for all of your support Infinit01; you are always the first to respond, and you have certainly made me feel welcome here.

This community is a good one, lots of active members that are quick to help out no matter what.

You're welcome, TPM. I feel welcomed in this community so I'm just spreading that feeling

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 17

Live life on the edge, or not at all!

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »

Any update to this? I'm thinking about buying the Spectre and would love to have a soundfont of this.

Sabers Owned: Spectre in Arctic Blue with Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in Consular Green w/o Sound. Sold Sabers: Initiate V2 in Guardian Blue w/o Sound, and Initiate V3 in Guardian Blue with Obsidian V2.

Light Side points preferred, when warranted.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 05:55:21 AM »

I ended up producing two of the Metallica themed fonts after Son of Darkness, then went back and updated Son of Darkness for some recent upgrades to other platforms.

I’m starting development on a new font, but it’s not Kanan yet. However, I believe a couple good ones are available at saberfont.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 01:41:27 AM »

Can you even use those on the Obsidian V4 Soundboard? They're made for different boards from what I saw.

Sabers Owned: Spectre in Arctic Blue with Obsidian V4, Fulcrum in Consular Green w/o Sound. Sold Sabers: Initiate V2 in Guardian Blue w/o Sound, and Initiate V3 in Guardian Blue with Obsidian V2.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 02:19:23 AM »

Can you even use those on the Obsidian V4 Soundboard? They're made for different boards from what I saw.

Each of my fonts have a file for Diamond equipped sabers that include all of the lighting/LED effects. They also include all of the individual sound files as well, so you should have no problem utilizing them with the Obsidian V4 Soundboard.

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 02:21:59 PM »

Each of my fonts have a file for Diamond equipped sabers that include all of the lighting/LED effects. They also include all of the individual sound files as well, so you should have no problem utilizing them with the Obsidian V4 Soundboard.

Actually I was talking about the Kanan Soundfonts on Saber Font. But thanks anyways.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 02:26:01 PM »

Actually I was talking about the Kanan Soundfonts on Saber Font. But thanks anyways.

Ah, I see. They don’t offer fonts that are ready for use with Obsidian at saberfont. However, you can convert the files and make them compatible easy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SaberiusPrime
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 10:20:54 PM »

Wish I knew how to convert, but that's okay. I'll just stick with the generic Jedi saber sounds.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 01:56:20 PM »

Here you go Wink

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11033.0

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print