Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: ULTRASABERS DOES IT AGAIN!  (Read 16389 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 12:30:25 PM »

Really interested in the Butcher's design. Only thing I'm unsure of is the fact that the parts sticking out on the sides run the whole length of the saber (not sure how comfortable that will be on the hands after an hour of spinning/dueling).

A good friend of mine has a similar hilt from the "other guys" and he told me the spines down the length of the saber are more comfortable than they look (at least on that hilt). That particular model later got adapted into a modular hilt and they cut the spines into sections which didn't line up properly when screwed together. This was what made it uncomfortable.

But you should be fine with the Butcher (and even better if you have gloves on) as the spines look to have been rounded off nicely. Good job US!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »

Remember, Ultrasabers makes hilts with the intent that they be used. So, I don't see why it woulnd't be comfortable. Just from looking at the video, it definitely looks like the edges of the spikes are rounded.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 12:37:49 PM »

A good friend of mine has a similar hilt from the "other guys" and he told me the spines down the length of the saber are more comfortable than they look (at least on that hilt). That particular model later got adapted into a modular hilt and they cut the spines into sections which didn't line up properly when screwed together. This was what made it uncomfortable.

But you should be fine with the Butcher (and even better if you have gloves on) as the spines look to have been rounded off nicely. Good job US!

One of the many design styles that I love about Ultra Sabers is that they design them with comfort in mind.  Good job indeed, US!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »

love the savior, and I really want to get the butcher as a showpeice

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 01:28:30 PM »

Remember, Ultrasabers makes hilts with the intent that they be used. So, I don't see why it woulnd't be comfortable. Just from looking at the video, it definitely looks like the edges of the spikes are rounded.

I'm not saying that it would be really uncomfortable or even painful. I know US makes good quality sabers.

But for exemple I imagine a Chosen One is probably a bit less comfortable for spinning and dueling than say an Aeon V4 (I don't own a Chosen One but it just looks a little less practical).
Of course that is a very personal opinion made by just looking at a picture. I haven't held one in my hand yet so I really can't tell. As good as it may be, a hilt can be perfect for someone and feel less confortable to someone else.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »

Chosen One is not comfortable for spinning or dueling.

Alright US, you had better have these for our viewing pleasure at WWC this weekend  Grin  I wanna see how these feel before deciding what one gets the pleasure of being added to my want list

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2018, 01:56:10 PM »

Chosen One is not comfortable for spinning or dueling.

Alright US, you had better have these for our viewing pleasure at WWC this weekend  Grin  I wanna see how these feel before deciding what one gets the pleasure of being added to my want list

They're both in my wish-list built to my specifications, I'm going to buy the Savior first and see how it handles.  Looks like it will be the more comfortable saber between the two.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »

I am interested but I will need actual customer reviews before I make up my mind.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 02:53:32 PM »

I'm not saying that it would be really uncomfortable or even painful. I know US makes good quality sabers.

But for exemple I imagine a Chosen One is probably a bit less comfortable for spinning and dueling than say an Aeon V4 (I don't own a Chosen One but it just looks a little less practical).
Of course that is a very personal opinion made by just looking at a picture. I haven't held one in my hand yet so I really can't tell. As good as it may be, a hilt can be perfect for someone and feel less confortable to someone else.

To be fair, you're not going to find much that's more comfortable than an Aeon for spinning and dueling. But, I get what you're saying and agree. I don't see the Butcher as a spinner at all. Too much going on. But, It's still awesome looking. Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »

To be fair, you're not going to find much that's more comfortable than an Aeon for spinning and dueling. But, I get what you're saying and agree. I don't see the Butcher as a spinner at all. Too much going on. But, It's still awesome looking. Smiley

Agreed, I also like my Dominix for spinning and dueling as well. I do have an Aeon en-route and can speak on it after spinning and dueling with it for some time.  I think between the Savior and the Butcher, the Savior will probably be more spin and duel friendly.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »

I like the revanchist symbol in the pommels.  Nice touch.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 03:11:32 PM »

Please have the pommels also for separate purchase, really want the Butcher pommel for my Savior, already got it ready to go too =] Blazing Red, black emitter color, black av switch, just wanting the Butcher pommel over the Savior pommel to be honest. Both sabers looks really sweet though for sure. Glad there's now one from US's and will get to us tons faster Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 03:18:21 PM »

Please have the pommels also for separate purchase, really want the Butcher pommel for my Savior, already got it ready to go too =] Blazing Red, black emitter color, black av switch, just wanting the Butcher pommel over the Savior pommel to be honest. Both sabers looks really sweet though for sure. Glad there's now one from US's and will get to us tons faster Tongue

Emory did mention that both pommels and at least the Savior emitter will be for sale separately.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 03:26:12 PM »

They say there's always one in a bunch, right? Lol  Tongue I'm honestly not a fan of either one if I'm honest. The Savior looks super plain to me with practically nothing special. I like some of the design on the Butcher--especially the "fins"--but it just doesn't do it for me either. Not too familiar with Revan though, might be why they look wacky to me. On the bright side, new sabers released is always a positive thing for US.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »

We all like different things and that's okay. I like how the Spectre looks but I'll probably won't own one. It didn't stand out to me like say the Consular or the Emperer's Hand. I may buy just the emitter and pommel to install on different saber bodies though. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: