Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Choosing the pommel & final revised customization results  (Read 10186 times)
Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2018, 08:19:13 AM »

Awesome ! Really good job !
Have a point !

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2018, 05:51:05 PM »

Those look pretty special I must say. Those lucky fellas  Cool

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2018, 10:03:57 PM »

Fantastic custom work as always, D7. I think you did both sabers beautifully and I wouldn't change a thing.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2018, 02:38:53 AM »

Thanks so much again TJ, DBTD, Cruen, Ravin, haz and SFD for checking out these sabers.  Wonderful to know that you like them as they are... all your opinions and saber experience matters.  Also pleased to have them finished except for final coating.  At some time will engrave in Aurebesh the saber names on the bottom bands of each saber... if they choose to name the sabers.  Smiley

Learned something last evening... never use a 1/4 can of Rustoleum universal formula to protective spray coat if you want a guaranteed smooth finish.  Spent well into the wee hours removing it with Goo Gone and gentle scraping as there was a load of small bubbles on the surface.  Perhaps the evening weather was too cool.  Fortunately it was just on a pommel.

Cruen... thanks for the lengthy post.  For sure I would have used some leather hilt wrap and most likely in brown if the saber had been for anything but sparing.  The Sentinel may be shiny now... but will definitely be naturally weathered as it is used.  Glad that you like the green version... and I agree that a forest green would be a really nice saber addition.  Smiley

appreciation point for everyone who has posted  Cheesy

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »

Great work on both sabers, D7!  The Sentinel definitely compliments the Aeon so when wielded by two owners, you'll be able to tell that even though they're different, they're like brothers or friends.  I love the green that you added into the choke points for the Sentinel and the knurling (or pitting) that you've done really suits both sabers.  I also think that the green brings out the design out much more on the Sentinel.  They both look exclusive and high-toned with what you've done.  Superb work on both of them, I can tell that you put your heart into it and your trainers will enjoy and appreciate it. Have a point

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2018, 08:37:21 PM »

Nice. I would've gone Manticore high pommel though, really gives a nice warriors look I think on any sabers to be honest =] I currently also have that on my Dark Sentinel LE saber but then put the Malice round pommel on for my Standard Issue since so many people really liked that set up with the green blade and silver hilt version. Looks nice with the Archon classic/beat up pommel though for sure =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2018, 01:40:14 AM »

Hi all.  I decided that the Sentinel was just a bit too shiny with the Aeon... so moderately toned down and weathered it for a better match.  There is still quite a bit of shine peaking through.  Took some photos today out in the rain at my favorite park and tree.  Got tree sap on my fingers and blades... but thankfully none on the sabers and I had some cleaner in my car trunk so all is good.

Can't wait to connect these sabers to their rightful owners.  Jeez... I hope they will like them.  The Tri-CG and Tri-GB look really nice and bright.  The blades are UEMG but am going to give 36" UEHG as well.  Smiley

before - I like that shine and clean look

after - this moderately less shiny is a better match

Sorry for the huge pics... perhaps my camera setting is wrong as I already resized them on imgur.   Undecided

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2018, 02:42:25 AM »

Beautiful pics, D7

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2018, 05:38:49 AM »

Looking good, I'm she they will love them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2018, 05:43:14 AM »

Looks great with the natural setting!

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2018, 11:24:00 AM »

Those both look fantastic. Their new owners should love them, if they like awesome stuff. Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2018, 11:34:41 AM »

Great work on those sabers and I love the photo shoot!  Gives it that Endor like feel. Point

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2018, 01:08:36 PM »

I agree about the setting of the photos. Especially with the green wrap. Outside is always a great choice for light side sabers!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 159

" ¶ Fiπd U® L∆¢k Of F∆ith Di$tu®biπG"

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2018, 01:47:37 PM »

Those sabers definitely got da sickness!!!!  Skillz & Style!!!  There's no way u kould not dig these saberz!!! "Top Tier Work"!!!  "Impressive,  Most Impressive"!!!!

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
®∆v€π\0b$!dV4\B®\F0©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\$$\40"HG\PT
W@® G! @iv€\Ob$idV4\V@\Fo©∆s\$ilv®wht€∆V\40"HG\PT
$€0®pi0π\Ob$idV4\©G\Fo©f0\B¶kG®n∆v\40"HG\PT
M∆£i©€\Ob$idV4\b®\Fo©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\40"HG\PT
Fu¶©r®um\Ob$!dV4\$®d\Fo©∆b\B¶kB¶u∆v\36"HG\PT
L0$tG®€¥\Ob$idV4\@B\Fo©@$\B¶kB¶u∆v\40"HG
R€∆p€R\Ob$idV4\gB\FoCv∆\B¶kB¶uAv\36"HG
R€n€g∆d€\Ob$idV4\@$\FoCb®\Blk®dAv\40"8"HG
D∆®kW∆®G¶∆iv€×2\Ob$idV4\b®\FoCv∆\B¶k®d∆v\36"HG
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2018, 04:01:31 AM »

Thanks again to everyone who has viewed and commented.  The sabers have gone to their rightful owners... they both are very pleased.  My physical trainer already got wacked in the hand by my kickboxing instructor lol.  Grin

What happened to the protective gear that was promised to be worn ?!  Since it was a mid-grade blade I told him to ... suck it up buttercup.  Wink Tongue

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: