Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36   Go Down
Author Topic: New Sabers: Butcher & Savior  (Read 156069 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 02:06:08 AM »

Often the colored blue/red emitters and pommels are not sold separately and also the matching covertec wheels.  I don't think that the Dorinian ones are for sale or the colored Menace.  Smiley

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:55 AM »

Already pre-ordered the Butcher in VA.
Been wanting this particular saber's look since I got into Ultrasabers

More parts available for custom work is also a good thing

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 03:55:57 AM »

More parts available for custom work is also a good thing

Exactly.  I wish they would sell the different colored MHS parts, though

Carrionlord
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -24

Darkside

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 02:48:22 PM »

The day the presale launched I picked up both of these sabers. I can't wait for October to get here! I'm looking forward to seeing what the special blade plugs will look like as well.

“I will continue to study at your feet, Master. I will learn from your wisdom. I will discover your secrets, unlocking them one by one until everything you know—all your knowledge and all your power—is mine. And once you are no longer of use to me, I will destroy you.” - Darth Zannah to her Master, Darth Bane

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »

The day the presale launched I picked up both of these sabers. I can't wait for October to get here! I'm looking forward to seeing what the special blade plugs will look like as well.

Congrats, carrion.  I look forward to your review

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 06:55:17 PM »

i want the butcher really bad. i already have it designed. HOWEVER, i think i will have to grab the Spectre first. i really want to get in on this raffle. and i would love to get the Spectre for 10% off. i want it in DVA, but i've seen that already. my other choice would be Guardian Blue. of course, it doesn't matter. i will get it with quick disconnects.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 01:29:25 AM »

I just read that the body diameter of the Butcher is 1.6 inches.  I hope that number is already factoring in the fins, because man...long story short - I have small hands.  My first saber was a Scorpion, which is 1.5 inches in body diameter, and it's borderline unwieldy.  If that 1.6" doesn't include the fins, then I just bought a $340 wallhanger.  That would suck.  Monumentally. 

Anyone have a clue on those dimensions?

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 02:02:00 AM »

I just read that the body diameter of the Butcher is 1.6 inches.  I hope that number is already factoring in the fins, because man...long story short - I have small hands.  My first saber was a Scorpion, which is 1.5 inches in body diameter, and it's borderline unwieldy.  If that 1.6" doesn't include the fins, then I just bought a $340 wallhanger.  That would suck.  Monumentally. 

Anyone have a clue on those dimensions?

That may not be including the fins, though those also have a taper to them. It's really hard to tell from the video. The body has that inset to it, and the taper to the fins might be just about 1.6" right at the sweet spot.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 03:05:46 AM »

That may not be including the fins, though those also have a taper to them. It's really hard to tell from the video. The body has that inset to it, and the taper to the fins might be just about 1.6" right at the sweet spot.

Guh.  I've been looking at pics of it, and it's supposed to be 13" long, just looking at it's width compared to length really does make it look 1.6" wide without the fins included at all.  That's seriously enormous. 

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2018, 03:20:40 AM »

Guh.  I've been looking at pics of it, and it's supposed to be 13" long, just looking at it's width compared to length really does make it look 1.6" wide without the fins included at all.  That's seriously enormous. 

I sure hope it doesn’t run that big

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 07:45:52 AM »

Yeah, just looking at it next to the Savior in the video, it looks a lot fatter. The Savior is likely standard MHS 1.45", or 1.5" in the grip area.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 06:53:06 PM »

The butcher looks sleek. Those windows on the side? Gah *drool*  Tongue

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 08:52:26 PM »

@Deep, how does the claw grips feel on the edges, nice and smooth? Wouldn't mind the Butcher either to be honest but I'm liking the Savior more though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2018, 02:11:35 AM »

Got to handle the Butcher and see the Savior prototypes at FanX Salt Lake today.
The Butcher is going to be a hefty hilt, along the lines of the Electrum Wind in general feel.
I was wearing gloves, but the Butcher felt good in my hand

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2018, 02:21:24 AM »

Oh nice. Not sharp feeling on the grips at all?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: