Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36   Go Down
Author Topic: New Sabers: Butcher & Savior  (Read 155954 times)
Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2018, 09:45:07 AM »

I was lucky enough to get my hands on both of these today at the US booth.  I'm happy to report the Butcher is in fact comfortable to hold, US really nailed the design in my opinion. The only caveat to that is that it is comfortable to hold as a one handed saber, although it is good sized and has some weight to it, not really conducive to hold with two hands as the curve where you naturally hold it only really has room for one hand.  So be prepared to use the force with this one.  I can't wait for mine to arrive in October.

The Savior of course feels good as both a one hand and two handed saber because there is plenty of comfortable real estate on this one, the surprise is that it is much lighter than I expected.  Although I didn't try to spin their only display model, just from handling I expect it to be an excellent spinner and dueler because of how comfortable and light it is.  Now I am wishing I took some pics with them but it was great to get to hold them both.

Good to read. Did the ones you saw had different anodized colors? I was wondering how the various colors might look like in real life.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:01 AM »

Good to read. Did the ones you saw had different anodized colors? I was wondering how the various colors might look like in real life.

I would think similar to the Menace colors short of the gold but I have yet to see any of those colors in person either.  Still a mystery to me

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2018, 12:07:37 PM »

I was lucky enough to get my hands on both of these today at the US booth.  I'm happy to report the Butcher is in fact comfortable to hold, US really nailed the design in my opinion. The only caveat to that is that it is comfortable to hold as a one handed saber, although it is good sized and has some weight to it, not really conducive to hold with two hands as the curve where you naturally hold it only really has room for one hand.  So be prepared to use the force with this one.  I can't wait for mine to arrive in October.

The Savior of course feels good as both a one hand and two handed saber because there is plenty of comfortable real estate on this one, the surprise is that it is much lighter than I expected.  Although I didn't try to spin their only display model, just from handling I expect it to be an excellent spinner and dueler because of how comfortable and light it is.  Now I am wishing I took some pics with them but it was great to get to hold them both.

point for this. excellent breakdown on the hilts

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2018, 11:12:21 PM »

They only had one of each on display at the booth (no blade, no electronics):

Butcher with black anodizing
Savior with gold accent on emitter

Come to think of it, they looked exactly like the ones Deep showed in the video

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

naeblis
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -34

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2018, 08:32:48 PM »

This is kind of a double post - for anyone not following the Raffle thread.  I received notification today that my Savior and Butcher should ship by the second week in October. 

Sabers: Dark Prophecy v3 - Diamond                         Wishlist:   Dark Omen
            Aeon v4 - Obsidian v4
            Fulcrum - Diamond
            Graflex - Obsidian Lite
            Emperor's Hand - Diamond
            Spectre - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate - Obsidian v4
            Savior - Obsidian v4
            Butcher - Emerald / Obsidian v
            Lost Gray - Diamond
            Guardian - Obsidian v4
            Grand Master - Obsidian v4
            Dark Initiate

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2018, 03:33:11 AM »

Good to know, thanks naeblis!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2018, 01:50:31 PM »

This is kind of a double post - for anyone not following the Raffle thread.  I received notification today that my Savior and Butcher should ship by the second week in October. 

thanks for the update. I haven't heard anything

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2018, 09:02:18 PM »

I'll still be getting me the new Savior and also Butchers pommel so, review to come right when the new saber comes in =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2018, 10:53:18 PM »

I'll still be getting me the new Savior and also Butchers pommel so, review to come right when the new saber comes in =]

I've been pondering about ordering pommels from those two sabers myself.  Do post pictures please.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2018, 03:27:39 AM »

I really can't wait to see the reviews. It's probably best I waited till they were released to see how people will review it and how the sabers will look and feel. I have rather small hands so it'll be nice to see if it's even plausible for me to have.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2018, 03:34:02 AM »

The Savior will probably be better for smaller hands, as it appears to be standard MHS size on the main grip areas.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2018, 03:46:34 AM »

^^^Hence why I will be getting one myself =] Might also get the Butcher at some point too though just not sure which color or hilt colors either like always Tongue Savior will be for comfy dueling Butcher for cool looks basically

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2018, 02:04:13 PM »

The Savior will probably be better for smaller hands, as it appears to be standard MHS size on the main grip areas.

That will be my first if the two to own since I want to wield and spin it

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2018, 08:47:57 PM »

Anybody here ordered the non-black anodized Butcher / Savior?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2018, 09:12:55 PM »

So as in the standard hilt finishes? Wondering if the specialty blade plugs will still come with the sabers if we miss the pre-sales?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: