Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Da Sabers - The Motion Picture  (Read 2554 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: August 31, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »

So, I posted a pic of all of my sabers just chillin' a while back, and it seemed popular. So, here's the video version:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haVenB7wFxY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haVenB7wFxY</a>

Yep, it's just 21 minutes of me yammering about my sabers. Wink

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 06:42:07 PM »

Great video once again, SFD. I'm pretty impressed with your collection and a bit envious as well but over time and more money, I'll have a pretty good sized collection one day.  I am curious as to your plans with the Lost Gray, I do hope you do something with it.

Also, thank you for the shout out and showing me your Phantasm V2 staff.  I like the SY and the FO as a staff, they seem to be a good pair.  I'll have to pick up a Phantasm staff now.  Point.

Whoa!  You're Aeon LE V4 blew me away!  I love the gold AV switch on it, I may adopt that to a future one and will give you all the credit, of course.  Smiley  I like your custom sound fonts to it, what fonts did you use, if you don't mind me asking?  If it's from the other guys, do you mind PM-ing me the name or where to find it?   That color is so close to SRD and it's beautiful, did you get the LED from TCSS?  If you did, I have an idea which one it is. This is my favorite saber from your original design arsenal  Grin

Seeing the Dominix LE V2 with the AS blade makes me want one and you're right, a black and silver saber with the AS looks really good.  It looks even better on video than it did in photos.

I like how you swap parts in between sabers or add parts to make them your own.  I love the premium sound card that you installed into the Consular, it just fits it. 

Your Prophecy is another one of my favorites. What's the spec on it? If it's from the other guys, I don't mind a PM if you don't mind sharing and the blue AV switch on it really flows well with the saber.  That's another one on my list to buy, I've always like the silver one.

The all silver on silver Shock makes me want to order just like it as well!  You're one of the couple people who's made me really like the silver hilts.

I subbed to your channel, check mine out and sub if you don't mind.  Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 12:05:00 AM »

I'll subscribe to your channel, bro. I sub to a couple channels from forum members already, Darth Cephalus and Lord Sidious. However, mine is all unlisted videos and I don't let subscribers know when I post stuff. (you're probably my only subscriber now) I basically just make videos and post them here and on another forum I belong to. I had a channel previously, and I reviewed more than just sabers on there, I also reviewed clone video game consoles. However, those reviews took too long to make, and some people wanted to be snarky when they disagreed with my opinions, or even plain facts like a cartridge slot being too tight and the pins getting bent. I showed the bent pins on video, and they wanted to act like it was my fault. Roll Eyes So, I deleted that channel and I'm flying under the radar now.

Anywho, thanks for looking and sticking with my boring self in that video. I tried to keep it moving at a decent pace. I'll PM you with answers to a couple of questions you asked, as they do include products not sold by Ultrasabers. The LED in the Aeon is indeed a Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star in Cyan, Cyan, White. I'm sure you can find that easily enough. Lovely color, about a dead on match for Sunrider's Destiny. I wasn't going to do flash on clash at first in that saber, but I decided to do it because I could.

The fonts on the Aeon LE V4 and Prophecy are by forum members, Jediseth and projectno253. They were purchased, I'll send you info on that.

The Lost Gray, I don't know. I need to see if I can get my hands on some of those button covers. If I can, I'll just build it back with sound. If not, I guess it's time to get creative.

Also, check out Ebay for those colored AV switches. Since US doesn't sell those, I can share that information. Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 12:58:35 AM »

Hey SFD. Thanks for subbing to my channel, in fact, you’re one of my inspiration for starting mine so knownthat you at least has a positive impact on me.  I actually look forward to all of your videos so I say post as any as you would like, the more the merrier.  It’s a shame that you had toxic followers and fans, I happen to like your opinion on a great many things and if there’s something that I don’t agree with, which is slim to none, I at least respect your take on the matter. At the end of the day, we’re all different after all and like and dislike different things.  I don’t mind watching you reviewing other stuff either, I’ll take anything SW related if you want. How about back stories in Legends? Haha, that will take up lots of videos per story. Just random thoughts and ideas for you.

It’s funny that you mention your videos being long but I watched this one and was a bit happy about the length and at the same time, it felt like it flew through.  Continue your great work there, SFD, and continue to add stories and history about everything. I especially enjoyed the story to the Emperor’s Hand and how you tied it into the Thrawn series which is another trilogy that I like.  These types of history and stories that you tie into the sabers are great. Keep them up!

Thank you for giving me all of the info that I asked and I’ll check my PMs. Again, I’m grateful for all your experience and knowledge. 

I look forward to more videos from you.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 01:55:00 AM »

Thanks bro. Cheesy I'm glad I inspired someone. You seem like a really cool guy, one of the people that makes this forum a good place. I enjoy your videos too, so I have no problem subscribing. My thing is I usually forget to subscribe to channels, so it's a good thing you reminded me.

Yeah, the issue I had before wasn't related to sabers, just the video game stuff. The saber videos were usually well received. I lost all that stuff when I deleted the channel, but stuff can always be filmed again. In the case of my pre-tripod videos, it was a blessing that they are now gone. Wink Video game fanatics are some of the worst people out there, in my opinion. Besides, like I said, those videos took too long, many hours to complete. This one only took as long as the video is, plus about 16 minutes for the first take, which didn't go so smoothly. Tongue

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 02:59:57 AM »

Anytime, SFD.  You seem like a cool dude as well, I do like your taste in sabers and what I’ve seen so far.

I’m also a hardcore gamer and really enjoy good reviews so if you ever want to get back into that, I don’t mind viewing but I do understand that it takes a lot longer to record then you have to upload the video.  But I understand if you want to stick to sabers, the gaming community is really toxic so I normally don’t comment myself and just watch the reviews or videos.

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 159

" ¶ Fiπd U® L∆¢k Of F∆ith Di$tu®biπG"

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 08:07:20 PM »

Thx 4 da shot out on the vid bra!!  I don't have much star wars collectables 4 a background in a vid,  but I do have the star wars collection on blue ray,  so I use that instead!! 
Great vid on ur history with ur saberz!! Dam sure enjoyed it!! Its kool 2 c other peoples set upz!!  U got some saberz i would love 2 acquire Thatz 4 sure!!!  The saber with the gold av,  which i believe was ur 1st build lookz real nice!!  Like the kolor av's u got going on!!  Its awesome u can get an empty and build it yourself,  that's dope as hell!!  I'd like 2 get 2 that point as well!!!  If I'm going 2 get into dis hobby,  I need 2 know how 2 work\repair them as well!! Awesome video & saberz bra,  keep em coming!!  +1 4 a great vid!!

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
®∆v€π\0b$!dV4\B®\F0©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\$$\40"HG\PT
W@® G! @iv€\Ob$idV4\V@\Fo©∆s\$ilv®wht€∆V\40"HG\PT
$€0®pi0π\Ob$idV4\©G\Fo©f0\B¶kG®n∆v\40"HG\PT
M∆£i©€\Ob$idV4\b®\Fo©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\40"HG\PT
Fu¶©r®um\Ob$!dV4\$®d\Fo©∆b\B¶kB¶u∆v\36"HG\PT
L0$tG®€¥\Ob$idV4\@B\Fo©@$\B¶kB¶u∆v\40"HG
R€∆p€R\Ob$idV4\gB\FoCv∆\B¶kB¶uAv\36"HG
R€n€g∆d€\Ob$idV4\@$\FoCb®\Blk®dAv\40"8"HG
D∆®kW∆®G¶∆iv€×2\Ob$idV4\b®\FoCv∆\B¶k®d∆v\36"HG
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 09:48:55 PM »

Thanks Decalocked13. Smiley Building your own sabers is a lot of fun and give you a nice sense of accomplishment. Not that buying one outright with stuff already isn't fun, but I love firing one up the first time that I wired myself. Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: