Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Chance of Non-MHS saber in a MB  (Read 2171 times)
Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -39

« on: September 04, 2018, 02:08:17 PM »

Hello all

I was wondering how reasonable it is to assume a Mysterybox Saber to be MHS compatible, as I am thinkign of makign a Saberstaff out of the US I already have, but am hard-pressed to decide don anything about the otherhalf of it.

As far as the Overall randomnes of the Mysterybox, I am plannign to make the staff endup lookign more liek a pair of 'random' sbaers welded togetherso to speak, so I am not overly worried about that aspekt.

So as i asked initaly, any experiences with getting Sabers that wouldn't fit an MHS coupler from US out of Mysteryboxes?

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 02:11:13 PM »

I know people have gotten v2 sabers out of the $75 box.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 02:44:11 PM »

Just like LAK said, if you get V2 sabers, you'll just need the couplers that will fit the V2s but if it's the V3s or the V4s models, they're MHS compatible. 

Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »

I don'T think there are couplers for V2 to MHS.

Even so, I think I am goign to just go ahead and order a MB onc ethe next pacheck hits and hope for the best.
And evne if my plan/idea doesn'T pan out, can Always try to pick up dual-wielding.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 09:33:14 PM »

No, there's no way to couple a V2 saber to a V3/V4 or other hilt with a MHS threaded pommel. Like you said, there's no coupler that works to attach the two. The hilt sizes and threading are totally incompatible. The only way to guarantee you'll get (or not get) something is to order exactly what you want.

Sani2341
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 09:58:17 PM »

The only way to guarantee you'll get (or not get) something is to order exactly what you want.
I know that, but seeing as I can't decide, I just wanted to make sure I know what I get into, so I can prepare for either eventuality.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 10:18:54 PM »

I know that, but seeing as I can't decide, I just wanted to make sure I know what I get into, so I can prepare for either eventuality.

Just keep V2s together and the V3s and V4s together as far as making them a staff.  They have unique physical attributes that gives off which generation they belong to. Ultimately, you can always ask the fine people on here what version a saber is and we’ll be more than happy to help.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 11:00:47 PM »

V2s make a really nice staff. It would be interesting to do an Initiate on one side and an Aeon/Dominix on the other.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 11:38:22 PM »

V2s make a really nice staff. It would be interesting to do an Initiate on one side and an Aeon/Dominix on the other.

I have been eyeing just that since you've shown me your Aeons.  Do you think an Initiate being smaller would through off the balance a bit when mated to an Aeon or Dominix?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 12:13:16 AM »

Do you think an Initiate being smaller would through off the balance a bit when mated to an Aeon or Dominix?

For sure. However, I was thinking more for costume purposes.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 12:22:18 AM »

For sure. However, I was thinking more for costume purposes.

Ah, that makes sense.

DavidYaw
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 04:10:05 AM »

I have been eyeing just that since you've shown me your Aeons.  Do you think an Initiate being smaller would through off the balance a bit when mated to an Aeon or Dominix?

One of my friends has an Initiate v2 + Aeon v2 staff. The balance point is obviously not where the coupler is. The midpoint of the combined hilts is obviously near the pommel end of the Aeon, but the balance point isn't quite at the midpoint of the combined hilt. Because the innards aren't positioned exactly the same, the balance point is about an inch away from the midpoint. I've never noticed an issue while wielding it, and I think it would be very hard to notice unless you're trying to imitate an airplane propeller.

Because the v2 hilts don't have a lot of features on them, and the features they have are a repeating pattern, you really don't notice that coupler isn't at the midpoint. I imagine I would notice that with the v3 or v4 hilts.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 10:19:53 PM »

The crux of this question should be, how high of a % is the chance of getting a non-mhs compatible hilt from a MB? So far, all my MB have been mhs compatible, but i've only been buying for a year.

Anyone in say, 16 months or so of buying MB's, have you had how many MB be a non-mhs compatible hilt? Also i'm wondering if a convention MB has a better or worse chance of it?

Of course, my MB have yet to have a yellow or red led too.

Lastly, a V2 hilt is a smaller diameter vs a V# or V4. (which is why a v2 cannot be purchased with a sound card or emerald driver - not enough width for the card).

Initiate v2 is 1.25"

Initiate v3 is 1.45″

Initiate v4 is 1.45″

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 08:47:14 AM »

Just a heads-up:

TCSS makes a MHS v2 to v3 coupler now.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 12:26:05 PM »

It's unlikely the threading on the Ultrasabers V2 sabers is going to be compatible with the MHSV2 threading.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: