Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: LATE SUMMER 2018 - Second Raffle Entry & Winning Sabers  (Read 27658 times)
SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

A huntress only by light of the moon

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »

Hey all! Congrats to all the winners! My order showed up today and I'm in love. I purchased a $75 mystery box and a Phantasm Initiate V3 in adegan silver with silver AV switches. My mystery saber ended up being an Aeon V4 in consular green with emitter windows and a silver AV switch. So glad I decided to go with the Phantasm Initiate. Being 5' tall limits my hilt and blade options a bit.

Pics or it didn't happen!!!

I let not my hate control me,
For I control it.
I let not my fear antagonize me,
I rise up and overcome with all of my being.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
Above all I serve myself.
Do not mistake my kindness for pitty,
Do not assume my anger is misplaced,
I help and hate equally.
Only you can decide which side of me you'll see.

Arsenal:
Dark Sentinel v4 Obsidian Lite ~GB~
Phantasm Initiate v3 ~AS~
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 10:53:36 PM »

Nice sabers, SH...and great pull from the mystery box pile.  The Aeon looks amazing with the green blade and windows are always a plus. Congrats!

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 10:55:05 PM »

Great looking sabers, D7 and SilverHuntress!  Smiley

Hi all.  My parcel was sent out on Monday prior to the raffle... a clear indication that I was not on the winners list as is usual... really my winless streak over many years is getting impressive to monumental !  Arrived home today to find the box placed across the outside of my apartment door.  I had just this morning made arrangements with FedEx via phone to pick it up at the airport... after it arrived tomorrow from the mainland.  Thank goodness no one took it.  The trick next time will be to not pre-pay the customs and taxes so the deliverer can't leave it unattended/un-signed... for anyone to help themselves.  And I thought UPS had the more unsafe delivery practices!

If the package had a signature required on delivery which, as far as I know, Ultrasabers always does that with FedEx, they literally shouldn't have been able to just leave it unless you left a release form signed on your door. It's a really good thing nobody took it.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 11:04:41 PM »

Great looking sabers, D7 and SilverHuntress!  Smiley

If the package had a signature required on delivery which, as far as I know, Ultrasabers always does that with FedEx, they literally shouldn't have been able to just leave it unless you left a release form signed on your door. It's a really good thing nobody took it.

When I get my package, if no one’s home, FedEc will leave a drop off slip for you to sign to either allow them to leave it or have someone pick it up for you

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 11:06:12 PM »

When I get my package, if no one’s home, FedEc will leave a drop off slip for you to sign to either allow them to leave it or have someone pick it up for you

That's what they should do, or reattempt delivery the next day. Another thing you can do is go to the tracking page and print off a release form, sign it and tape it to your door. That allows them to leave the package. Other than using one of those methods, they shouldn't just leave a package that requires a signature. That driver can likely get in a lot of trouble for that.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 11:08:17 PM »

That's what they should do, or reattempt delivery the next day. Another thing you can do is go to the tracking page and print off a release form, sign it and tape it to your door. That allows them to leave the package. Other than using one of those methods, they shouldn't just leave a package that requires a signature. That driver can likely get in a lot of trouble for that.

I completely forgot about downloading the release form online. Point

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 11:08:44 PM »

I completely forgot about downloading the release form online. Point

I did it once with a $40 empty hilt, but I definitely wouldn't have done it with 2X sound sabers, as I'm sure D7 didn't.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 11:33:37 PM »

FedEx dropped off my Graflex that just had a diamond upgrade done to it on the Sunday of Labor day weekend. They placed it right by the mailboxes in the hallway. I live in an apartment complex and typically packages are sent to the leasing office and signed for there but the office was closed that day. I saw FedEx delivered anyway. Had a panic attack cuz I was out of town and my fiance didn't get off work till late afternoon. Luckily it was still there when he got home.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 12:46:41 AM »

With Fedex, this is nothing new. At one point, I believe all those above regulations were followed, they always got a signature or left a slip that they would deliver the following day—or you could pick it up later that evening at the local Fedex location. And this was standard practice. My job required 1-2 deliveries per week, and no packages were ever left until the early 2000s. Then it would get left in the hall of my apartment building. I moved by that time and I figured they left it because it was inside and the driver considered it safe. Jump ahead to where I currently live with no safety of a hall and the packages are left outside almost every time.

It has to be either that it is left to the driver’s determination on an area being “potentially” safe—or more likely, they don’t want to redeliver and budgetary constraints have them leaving it.  Because if you’ve ever seen the list of how Fedex charges are broken down for these things, they charge for gas, mileage, and I believe even wear and tear on tires. So methinks it’s a cost cutting maneuver by the company. I would be curious to find out what they say if someone actually complains.

Saber Arsenal:

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2018, 01:05:16 AM »

Also...drivers are supposed to deliver what’s in their truck by a certain time of day 5 or 6, whatever. Then the driver has to redeliver, or is out until say 8. They not only don’t get paid for those extra hours, they get penalized for it.

So it isn’t Ultrasabers fault, or even the drivers...it’s their corporate overlords who created the bad situation.  Just don’t get stuck in traffic or fall behind...

Saber Arsenal:

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 02:40:21 AM »

Great sabers, D7. I’m partial to the silver on silver look in the last pic—which will probably be the direction I go in when I eventually get a prophecy. And the larger pommel adds to the character IMHO.

I didn’t win a free saber either, but this was my first raffle. Some folks do get the luck of the draw though, and I think it’s great to see a list of winners that span from the more active members to those who are first timers.

Mainly, I’m in this to collect sabers and I will now have two when my raffle entry saber arrives (by Saturday!). And I got a saber I’ve had my eye on since I first discovered US at a nice price with the 10% discount, plus a free blade plug, and free shipping too. As I said in another post, there are no losers in these raffles because we all get more for our money. And that’s like a fifth prize level if you think about it, plus the excitement of waiting to see who won the higher tier prize levels.  It’s a lot like ordering a mystery box. You know you’ll get more than your money’s worth—and there’s a chance you might get something “Ultra” nice.

I think it all adds to the fun of collecting and Emory is both a smart and generous business person. I’ve really enjoyed both of my purchase experiences. And with the point system, I’ll have enough to probably get myself a free mystery box for my birthday—or at least pay for most of it. So there’s that added bonus as well.

That's a great attitude SD.  Can't wait to see what sabers we all get whether entry or prize... should be delivered soon for many... so everyone please take the time to share the goodies inside your box.  Smiley

Speaking of boxes... it took me a while to find this... but here's some of Master Medwyn's free advice and wisdom about US boxes.  Might as well give it a watch while waiting for yours.  lol... and drop an appreciation point his way.  Wink

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30319.msg452903#msg452903

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 04:15:40 AM »

OMG...that was a great video!

My saber is arriving tomorrow. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to do the unboxing video until Sunday, so I have to sit on the box for another day!!!

Saber Arsenal:

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 04:41:49 AM »

Speaking of boxes... it took me a while to find this... but here's some of Master Medwyn's free advice and wisdom about US boxes.  Might as well give it a watch while waiting for yours.  lol... and drop an appreciation point his way.  Wink

Gave him one. Master Medwyn has always been a great guy, well deserving of that Master title. And that was officially hilarious. I almost peed. I especially laughed at "I ordered it in faded brown." Cheesy

You're getting a point too, just for linking to that. I need to wait a bit though, as I gave you one recently for something else.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 05:31:51 AM »

Got my raffle #1 entry...

Threw my guardian pommel on, mixed feelings about it ascetically, but functionally it balances incredibly for such a large hilt. Overall it’s such a nice saber. My first flash on...

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 05:55:14 AM »

That's a sweet looking saber, imgumby001dammit. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: