Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: 9/11: In remembrance of those that died  (Read 4938 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 07:59:26 PM »

this is not ment against you, but no Matter why they joined up, in the end a soldier is someone killing the other guy, and that is not something to be celebrated, at least in my humble opinion.
Not saying anything like that, just that soldiers should not be handed that label for being part of the military.

Anyway I said my piece, and won't drag this out in this thread.

Would you prefer they didn't kill "the other guy" so that they can grow stronger and attack you?
Someone willing to sign up for possible death to protect your country and allies seems pretty heroic to me.

Thank you for your service and for sharing Infinit01.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 08:08:07 PM »

this is not ment against you, but no Matter why they joined up, in the end a soldier is someone killing the other guy, and that is not something to be celebrated, at least in my humble opinion.
Not saying anything like that, just that soldiers should not be handed that label for being part of the military.

Anyway I said my piece, and won't drag this out in this thread.

It is not What they have to do that is celebrated, it is the fact they are willing to do it.  Soldiers are men and women who sacrifice their time, health and too many times their lives in service.  That is what is celebrated and why we say thank you.  We thank them for doing something many either won't or can't do. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 08:16:57 PM »

Would you prefer they didn't kill "the other guy" so that they can grow stronger and attack you?
Someone willing to sign up for possible death to protect your country and allies seems pretty heroic to me.

Thank you for your service and for sharing Infinit01.

Thank you for your support, Silenoz.

It is not What they have to do that is celebrated, it is the fact they are willing to do it.  Soldiers are men and women who sacrifice their time, health and too many times their lives in service.  That is what is celebrated and why we say thank you.  We thank them for doing something many either won't or can't do. 

Couldn't put it any better than I can, thanks Tepes. Have a point.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 11:22:57 PM »

I work nights so was asleep when the first plane hit, I had gotten up and started getting ready for my 2nd job when I turned on the TV and was watching when the 2nd plane hit. There are no words how you feel when you see something like that.

I was 10 years into my law enforcement career when this happened. So it didn't change my career path, but I knew I was where I belonged.

Thanks to any and all who have served this country during times of war and piece. Of not for these men and women we could not live in a free country. All of them are heroes and deserve our praise!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 01:04:41 AM »

I was 1 when the attack happened, so I do not remember it personally. I do remember hearing about it every year for as long as I can remember though. Thank you for sharing your story Infinit (and the rest who did as well), but I especailly want to thank you for being willing to serve our country. For me joining the military isn't about the kill count or anything like that, it is about being willing to sacrifice yourself for the freedoms and privileges this nation has known. So thank you Infinit for protecting our nation, and thank you everyone else who reads this that is in the military. I know the police isn't technically the military, but they too are fighting to protect our nation, so thank you tx and anyone else who is a police officer.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 601

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 01:23:14 AM »

My family has served for generations to keep this Country free.
 So THANK YOU for your service! And THANKS to all who serve.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 01:53:59 AM »

I work nights so was asleep when the first plane hit, I had gotten up and started getting ready for my 2nd job when I turned on the TV and was watching when the 2nd plane hit. There are no words how you feel when you see something like that.

I was 10 years into my law enforcement career when this happened. So it didn't change my career path, but I knew I was where I belonged.

Thanks to any and all who have served this country during times of war and piece. Of not for these men and women we could not live in a free country. All of them are heroes and deserve our praise!!

Thank you for sharing that, Tx. I know it must have been a nightmare waking up to something like that. Thank you for being a protector of the piece, it’s not easy being an officer of the law.  People served in different ways ranging from officers to fire fighter as well as any civil servant who places their lives on the line in moments like this.

I was 1 when the attack happened, so I do not remember it personally. I do remember hearing about it every year for as long as I can remember though. Thank you for sharing your story Infinit (and the rest who did as well), but I especailly want to thank you for being willing to serve our country. For me joining the military isn't about the kill count or anything like that, it is about being willing to sacrifice yourself for the freedoms and privileges this nation has known. So thank you Infinit for protecting our nation, and thank you everyone else who reads this that is in the military. I know the police isn't technically the military, but they too are fighting to protect our nation, so thank you tx and anyone else who is a police officer.

Thank you for your support, Taegin.  Watching the horror 17 years ago gave me morivento join and my job choices weren’t originally combat. I chose network engineer, intel, and an air craft mechanic but the Marines don’t guarantee your job and halfway into basic, all of my job choices were taken given that it was at the beginning of the war. 

No, I’m not parading around taking someone’s life nor celebrating it, I wanted to serve my country and I made use of receiveing the short end of the stick as far as jobs are concerned.

Thank you again, Tx. Being a police officer is one of those jobs that are thankless for the most part.

My family has served for generations to keep this Country free.
 So THANK YOU for your service! And THANKS to all who serve.

Thank you for your support, Mav and thank your family for serving for generations.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: