Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: HENRY CAVILL LEAVING SUPERMAN?  (Read 11216 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: September 12, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »

Apparently he may not don the blue tights again following a breakdown in negotiations.

If true, are you guys happy by this news, sad or indifferent?

https://www.cbr.com/henry-cavill-exits-superman/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »

I truly feel that he brought the Man of Steel back to the big screen with his rendition and it'll be a sad day if this is true and he's leaving.  

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 04:46:28 PM »

Perhaps not yet....

https://screenrant.com/henry-cavill-not-leaving-superman-dceu/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 05:23:32 PM »

Good find, Kham. Point

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 05:31:56 PM »

Whether he leaves or not, I truly don't think the DC cinematic universe can take too many more direct hits before the ship goes down. For years I've been under the mindset that they've been more concerned with catching up to Marvel than actually focusing on their own work and it has always shown.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »

Perhaps not yet....
I did say "apparently".  Cheesy
And my link said that nothing has been confirmed, but negotiations broke down for a cameo in Shazam and scheduling issues as he is now set to star in The Witcher.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out as I liked him in the role even if (in my opinion) he has never been given a script to fully allow him shine as the character.

Whether he leaves or not, I truly don't think the DC cinematic universe can take too many more direct hits before the ship goes down. For years I've been under the mindset that they've been more concerned with catching up to Marvel than actually focusing on their own work and it has always shown.
True. Even though I wasn't a fan of the direction the DCEU was taking under Snyder, at least it was trying to do it's own thing. I think the mistake they made was trying to rush, rather than make each individual movie the best it could be, with only subtle hints at future universe building. But that is not unique to WB/DC. Virtually every other studip has tried (and failed) at successfully creating their own cinematic universe franchise due to the success of Marvel.

I think the MCU was partially lightning in a bottle and partially was launched at the right time; comic book movies had been proven to be successful at the box office, studios were shown that audiences would take them seriously and Kevin Feige had a unique vision to do something never attempted before.

The fact the MCU has been so successful while other attempts at cinematic universes have failed just goes to prove how much of a freak (albeit a successful one) Marvel Studios is.

*EDIT*
Just saw this on John Campea's Youtube channel, an excerpt from the Hollywood Reporter  Cry

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 06:31:17 PM »

This would suck, but I don't blame Cavill. I love the cast of the DCEU (except for Flash), and seeing them leave would not be good. From what I can tell you either like the Snyder films or you don't, there isn't really an in-between (not talking about characters or actors, just the movies themselves). Personally, they don't stand up the the MCU, but they are by no means "bad" movies. I think it is a mistake for them Warner Bros. to end what they have going. With a little direction (and a mastermind like Marvel has), I think they could do a lot with what they have set up. Everyone is going to be mad if they do this same thing to WW, Aquaman and Shazam. We will have to wait and see though. There was a ton of stuff about Affleck stepping down from the Batman role and film, but he personally denied that. Whether that has changed or not, I don't know because I haven't paid much attention to it.

Maybe Snyder will just restart his own DCEU with Affleck, Cavill, and whoever else he wants.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »

I always felt Cavill could make a much better Superman than we were given.  Something said in one of the articles does show the flawed thinking sometimes in "Hollywood"..Max Landis talked about it before as well.  Since there was not as big as a reaction to the Superman films the Exec's think No one wants superman at all.   Hopefully they can figure something out.  I read both Marvel and DC but I was always drawn more to DC in the past...in the last 10 years though DC hasn't really given me anything worth my time.  What I would give for a Kingdom Come film.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 09:53:49 PM »

Click bait fake headline. There's a lot of this with Hollywood stuff and internet "news." All I saw was that they didn't get him for a cameo in Shazam! It's an incredible leap of logic to say that means he's done with the role entirely. Likely, they offered him a laughable salary for a small cameo, and he didn't want to accept it. When it comes time for a movie where he'll be the star, the offers will likely be juicier.

Though, it's also possible that DC/WB will decide to go a different way entirely for their next Superman film. We never really know what's going to happen.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 10:14:37 PM »

Click bait fake headline. There's a lot of this with Hollywood stuff and internet "news." All I saw was that they didn't get him for a cameo in Shazam! It's an incredible leap of logic to say that means he's done with the role entirely. Likely, they offered him a laughable salary for a small cameo, and he didn't want to accept it. When it comes time for a movie where he'll be the star, the offers will likely be juicier.

Just saw this on John Campea's Youtube channel, an excerpt from the Hollywood Reporter 

Now I know not every entertainment outlet is infallible, but the Hollywood Reporter is pretty accurate most of the time. However, there is always the possibility that this is one of those times when they are wrong. Won't know anything until WB make an official announcement, which should be soon for your guys (at it's currently 11.20pm in the UK and I have to go to bed soon as I have an early start tomorrow).

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 10:28:36 PM »

Oh, indeed, The Hollywood Reporter is one of the better ones, I'm just saying that there's a lot of supposition in assuming that someone turning down a small cameo means that person must be done with that role. And, when both his agent and the studio quickly weigh in saying it's not necessarily the case, then that leads to this being premature reporting.

Personally, I think Henry has done a good job with what he was given as Superman. He made the best of it. He certainly looks the part. However, I don't necessarily think the studio has done a good job handling these movies. I understand, for example, that they actually cut a lot of his best stuff out of the theatrical cut of Batman v Superman. (fortunately, I've only seen the extended cut) He actually has some really good parts in that, particularly as Clark Kent. As an actor, I think he's a good one. I quite enjoyed his performance in Mission Impossible: Fallout.

I enjoy and have all of the DCEU movies on Blu-Ray. However, I would also like to see them take as much time as they need to get a script together, with some better writing. And then, if Henry isn't willing to return to the role in a new film, then move to a different actor. But, that's my opinion. We all know these studios do whatever they want.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 10:54:05 PM »

He definitely had the perfect look for Superman and his acting skills were only getting better. Sucks that he appears to be out along with Ben Affleck who I thought was a great Batman.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 09:44:50 PM »

He is leaving Superman. He just took on a new role to play Geralt from the Witcher on Netflix. There were scheduling conflicts between Warner Brothers and Netflix and from what I read WB didn't have another big Superman movie planned for sometime so he jumped ship.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 10:49:29 PM »

You can't blame him. He wants starring roles, not little bit parts. It's also a shame that they apparently want to turn Superman into a character that just appears in films to tie them into the DCEU, as opposed to giving him another big screen outing. But, Henry will land on his feet. Aside from that new Witcher role, I'm sure he'll have more good stuff coming his way. Not only is he a good actor, but he's established himself as a really good action star.

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 03:25:04 AM »

Using the same analogy I made above, Cavill departing is yet another facepalm moment in the DC films and the whole ship is taking on water. Eventually the fans are going to get tired of this kind of stuff. Anyone else feel like simple continuity is just the hobgoblin of DC? It feels like since the Dark Knight trilogy that the studio has never been able to find a decent footing (I mean, switching out actors so often like it's some sort of relay race is enough to sink a franchise all by itself.)

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: