Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Soundboard not recognizing my Diamond Ultrasaber can't install fonts!!  (Read 3067 times)
Darth Onyx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 13, 2018, 05:50:50 PM »

I've had my Diamond Raven Ultrasaber for about a year and a half now and I've only changed the colors of the fonts that the saber comes with on the Diamond saber. (ex: Obsidian, Black Star, Ep. 1, Ep. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ancient Saber, Mute) I've had no problems with changing the colors and I thought everything was fine until I decided that I wanted to install a new font into the Obsidian Soundboard. So I did some research and found a really cool sound font that was inspired by Darth Vader's lightsaber sounds from Rogue One. I opened the Obsidian Soundboard tab on the Ultrasabers Launcher and clicked on *Sounds Wizard* I then proceeded to add the *Isu.* files onto their proper places. After that was done I clicked on the *Write Sounds* tab and noticed that the launcher said that my saber wasn't connected. This was strange because my saber was connected the whole time to the Ultrasabers launcher and it notified me on the *Main* tab that it was indeed connected. So the entire time I was adding the *Isu.* files, the Obsidian Soundboard *Sounds Wizard* wasn't recognizing my saber. Then I tried the same thing on my PC (Windows 7) and the same thing happened! (if anyone is wondering, yes the red line at the bottom of the *Sounds Wizard* was their *Memory size, Used, Available*) So How can I resolve this issue? I really want to install new fonts!!!

I Use:
Mac Pro Late 2009 12 core Xenon processor (Upgraded specs to a GTX 980ti)
I also have a Lenovo PC laptop just in case my Mac Pro doesn't work

I also have the newest version of the Ultrasabers Launcher installed v2.45 and my Saber is up to date as well.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:51:32 PM »

Hey there. You want to be sure you're selecting the diamond tab to add your sounds not the obsidian sound board (since you don't have one). The diamond board is both an LED and sound board. It replaces the Obsidian board so you can't have both in there. If you don't have the diamond tab in your launcher software, make sure you're up to date on the version. I think the one you listed is correct but I'm not 100 percent. However once you select the Diamond tab, you want to select the fonts editor to add sounds. Definitely check out the Diamond tutorial videos by UltraSabers. They walk you through this. You can find them on the forums here or on YouTube.

If you need more help, let me know. I have a diamond myself and have been making custom fonts.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 11:02:52 PM »

If you added sounds in the format of .Isu, they're not in the correct format. I'm reading that as an uppercase I followed by "su." but it should be a lowercase L followed by the "su." .lsu

Also, converting the sounds to .lsu isn't really necessary with the Obsidian V4 or Diamond boards, they can both take .wav formatted sounds, but they do have to be in the correct sample rate, etc.

Other than that, I'm confused here. You talked about a Diamond saber and an Obsidian board. To which board are you trying to write sounds? Diamond? Obsidian V3 or V4?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 11:06:12 PM »

If you added sounds in the format of .Isu, they're not in the correct format. I'm reading that as an uppercase I followed by "su." but it should be a lowercase L followed by the "su." .lsu

Also, converting the sounds to .lsu isn't really necessary with the Obsidian V4 or Diamond boards, they can both take .wav formatted sounds, but they do have to be in the correct sample rate, etc.

Other than that, I'm confused here. You talked about a Diamond saber and an Obsidian board. To which board are you trying to write sounds? Diamond? Obsidian V3 or V4?

I think the OP thought that the sound board and the Diamond controller are two separate units when they’re in fact, just one.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 11:09:29 PM »

I think the OP thought that the sound board and the Diamond controller are two separate units when they’re in fact, just one.

Ah, that makes sense. In that case, Rashimotosan has the correct answer. Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 05:22:27 PM »

Diamond is just one board, so everything you want to change on the Diamond board (sounds, gestures, colours) has to be done within the Diamond tab. All other tabs are non-functional.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 05:49:10 PM »

Diamond is just one board, so everything you want to change on the Diamond board (sounds, gestures, colours) has to be done within the Diamond tab. All other tabs are non-functional.

This. Point for Racona

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: