Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Halloween problems  (Read 6404 times)
Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 02:44:18 AM »

Ok, this is what the false dickie looks like, made to the specs of Simplicity 5840. It's worth noting that this particular pattern only really covers what we call the "outer tunic" of the Jedi costume. The inner tunic (the sleeves that you see inside the really wide sleeves in the movies) is nonexistent in this pattern, and the false dickie is just that, false. It's only meant to be worn to show that tiny little "V" shaped sliver underneath the outer tunic to give the impression that you are wearing something underneath. I kind of like that, because it means I stay a lot cooler in costume, but as far as accuracy to actual movie costumes, it's not accurate at all.

Please forgive all the wrinkles below, I usually spend a little time ironing it or hanging it up outside my overstuffed costume closet before I wear it to a convention or whatever. I left out the Jedi belt, because showcasing the actual pattern was my intention. Pictured here are the brown outer tunic, the barely-visible false dickie by my neck, and the obi and tabards in the same checkerboard fabric. Taking a look at Dreycon Dell's pattern, he has a very pronounced flowing "skirt" at the bottom of the tunic and that is pretty accurate to what the costume looks like in the movies. Simplicity 5840 is very form-fitting in comparison, it hugs the hips a lot more which gives the tunic a streamlined appearance. If you want a pattern that allows you to move around well (I think you may have mentioned that above) then this pattern may not be for you. I actually plan on modifying the tunic pattern a little bit in the future for a second tunic so that it's closer to the movie costumes.

Questions, comments, complaints? We are more than happy to assist.  Grin   

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

ZekeTheGameFreak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 04:23:57 AM »

All I gotta say is that it looks dope! I may have to keep looking around for a different pattern because I'm a big guy, and let's just say form fitting clothes aren't my friends lol. In a couple of the videos I watched, the person would trace their body onto the material and cut it out and sew it. Here's a link

https://youtu.be/S21x_vySPkI?t=2m20s

There is Passion, yet Peace
Serenity, yet Emotion
There is Chaos, yet Order
The is no Dark or Light only the Force

Purchased Sabers: Dark Apprentice V4 Obsidian LITE/ Fire Orange
                       Dark Apprentice V4 stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Dominix V4 Stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Initiate V4 Stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Apprentice V4 Stunt/ Guardian Blue
Light Side points please, should the Force guide you to.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 06:00:25 AM »

I like the color scheme on your costume, Saso Is-kor.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 06:05:45 PM »

Looks very good there.
Nice work on that

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 06:28:32 PM »

All I gotta say is that it looks dope! I may have to keep looking around for a different pattern because I'm a big guy, and let's just say form fitting clothes aren't my friends lol. In a couple of the videos I watched, the person would trace their body onto the material and cut it out and sew it. Here's a link

https://youtu.be/S21x_vySPkI?t=2m20s

Looks interesting, can't say I've used that particular method. Might be a little tricky to get the right shapes for the pattern but on the cool side, once you make it you have effectively created the pattern to be used over and over again.

I like the color scheme on your costume, Saso Is-kor.

Thanks! Yeah I went for a kind of reverse color scheme, for most Jedi the tunic is some beige color and the tabards are a darker color (or everything is the same color.)

Looks very good there.
Nice work on that

Much appreciated, Therion.  Smiley

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

ZekeTheGameFreak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 09:00:46 PM »

Okay, so my sewing machine is kaput. So any recommendations for a budget sewing machine?

There is Passion, yet Peace
Serenity, yet Emotion
There is Chaos, yet Order
The is no Dark or Light only the Force

Purchased Sabers: Dark Apprentice V4 Obsidian LITE/ Fire Orange
                       Dark Apprentice V4 stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Dominix V4 Stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Initiate V4 Stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Apprentice V4 Stunt/ Guardian Blue
Light Side points please, should the Force guide you to.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »

Ok, this is what the false dickie looks like, made to the specs of Simplicity 5840. It's worth noting that this particular pattern only really covers what we call the "outer tunic" of the Jedi costume. The inner tunic (the sleeves that you see inside the really wide sleeves in the movies) is nonexistent in this pattern, and the false dickie is just that, false. It's only meant to be worn to show that tiny little "V" shaped sliver underneath the outer tunic to give the impression that you are wearing something underneath. I kind of like that, because it means I stay a lot cooler in costume, but as far as accuracy to actual movie costumes, it's not accurate at all.

Please forgive all the wrinkles below, I usually spend a little time ironing it or hanging it up outside my overstuffed costume closet before I wear it to a convention or whatever. I left out the Jedi belt, because showcasing the actual pattern was my intention. Pictured here are the brown outer tunic, the barely-visible false dickie by my neck, and the obi and tabards in the same checkerboard fabric. Taking a look at Dreycon Dell's pattern, he has a very pronounced flowing "skirt" at the bottom of the tunic and that is pretty accurate to what the costume looks like in the movies. Simplicity 5840 is very form-fitting in comparison, it hugs the hips a lot more which gives the tunic a streamlined appearance. If you want a pattern that allows you to move around well (I think you may have mentioned that above) then this pattern may not be for you. I actually plan on modifying the tunic pattern a little bit in the future for a second tunic so that it's closer to the movie costumes.

Questions, comments, complaints? We are more than happy to assist.  Grin   
Great looking ensemble Saso!  I like the inverted color scheme  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 03:09:19 AM »

Thanks Dutchman!

Okay, so my sewing machine is kaput. So any recommendations for a budget sewing machine?

I can only point you to this link:
https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-budget-sewing-machines

You might try local thrift stores if you want to grab a used one.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: