Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED flickering  (Read 2569 times)
SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

A huntress only by light of the moon

« on: September 14, 2018, 01:27:02 AM »

I've had my Dark Sentinal v4 with lite sound for awhile now. It's been dueled with once or twice and the batteries have been switched out twice now but I have been noticing a noticeable flicker to the LED. The first time it happened I thought it was just the batteries so I put new ones in and made sure they were sitting correctly, but just now I did the same thing again and it's still flickering. I DO NOT have FoC or any sort of multi channel driver. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

I let not my hate control me,
For I control it.
I let not my fear antagonize me,
I rise up and overcome with all of my being.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
Above all I serve myself.
Do not mistake my kindness for pitty,
Do not assume my anger is misplaced,
I help and hate equally.
Only you can decide which side of me you'll see.

Arsenal:
Dark Sentinel v4 Obsidian Lite ~GB~
Phantasm Initiate v3 ~AS~
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:33:05 AM »

Could be a loose wire, how long ago did you purchase it? It may still be under warranty. If so, I’d shoot Ultra Sabers and email

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 03:23:20 PM »

Could be a loose wire, how long ago did you purchase it? It may still be under warranty. If so, I’d shoot Ultra Sabers and email

this. an unsteady wire connection would cause it to flicker. If it's still under warranty, contact US. If not, get ready to tear it apart and learn to solder

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

A huntress only by light of the moon

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 09:24:27 PM »

Looks like it's still covered until November. I'm not sure if mystery box sabers are included in the warranty though? I figured it was something to do with wiring if it wasn't battery related.

I let not my hate control me,
For I control it.
I let not my fear antagonize me,
I rise up and overcome with all of my being.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
Above all I serve myself.
Do not mistake my kindness for pitty,
Do not assume my anger is misplaced,
I help and hate equally.
Only you can decide which side of me you'll see.

Arsenal:
Dark Sentinel v4 Obsidian Lite ~GB~
Phantasm Initiate v3 ~AS~
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 09:28:59 PM »

I would contact them and tell them what's going on

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 11:14:35 PM »

Looks like it's still covered until November. I'm not sure if mystery box sabers are included in the warranty though? I figured it was something to do with wiring if it wasn't battery related.

Every complete saber Ultrasabers sells has the same 1 year warranty covering the electronics. From the sales page:

The electronics on all Mystery Boxes are fully covered under warranty.

So, you're good to go. Smiley

Force Metal
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 89

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 10:39:31 AM »

My AB Prophecy has always had a slight flicker, I like the effect

Can I tempt you, come with me
Be 'devil may care', fulfill your dream
If I said I'd take you there
Would you go, would you be scared

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 11:52:22 PM »

I've had my Dark Sentinal v4 with lite sound for awhile now. It's been dueled with once or twice and the batteries have been switched out twice now but I have been noticing a noticeable flicker to the LED. The first time it happened I thought it was just the batteries so I put new ones in and made sure they were sitting correctly, but just now I did the same thing again and it's still flickering. I DO NOT have FoC or any sort of multi channel driver. Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
I think that this slight flicker that your talking about is normal because I have 2 sabers with the Lite sound and both of them have done it form day one.
 I even went and bought energizer rechargeable batteries (700 mha) and they still have the slight flicker. I haven't had any issues with either of them in the last year. Hope this is helpful.
As anyone else with the lite sound can also verify as Force Metal has that would also help eases your mind. MTFBWY! 

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 01:56:17 AM »

I think that this slight flicker that your talking about is normal because I have 2 sabers with the Lite sound and both of them have done it form day one.
 I even went and bought energizer rechargeable batteries (700 mha) and they still have the slight flicker. I haven't had any issues with either of them in the last year. Hope this is helpful.
As anyone else with the lite sound can also verify as Force Metal has that would also help eases your mind. MTFBWY! 

I have a Lite sound saber and it doesn't flicker like that, it does have FoC but not a random flicker.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 01:18:25 PM »

Just got two lite sounds and no flicker that I notice on either of them.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »

Neither of mine have the foc just the sound. Not sure if that makes a difference or not but I like the slight flicker.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 10:57:51 PM »

Maybe it's a Lite soundbaord upgrade, but they also have some of the old boards too. Personally, I like some flicker in my blades. It reminds me of the original trilogy, where they rotoscoped the blades by hand and it's not perfect from frame to frame, so the blades have a slight flicker.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 04:08:20 AM »

My obsidian lite azure reaper from 2017 only flickers when the batteries start getting low.  It is Tri-Cree GB with no FOC. 

And yes mystery boxes are covered under the one year warranty as my son's MB Dark Sentinel had to go back for repair due to a broken battery pack and they honored it no problem, no charge.  But you will most likely have to pay shipping unless you can drop it off in person at their booth in one of the cons they attend.  Customer service can help clear things up for you when you email them.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 11:05:19 AM »

My obsidian lite azure reaper from 2017 only flickers when the batteries start getting low.  It is Tri-Cree GB with no FOC. 

And yes mystery boxes are covered under the one year warranty as my son's MB Dark Sentinel had to go back for repair due to a broken battery pack and they honored it no problem, no charge.  But you will most likely have to pay shipping unless you can drop it off in person at their booth in one of the cons they attend.  Customer service can help clear things up for you when you email them.

This.  Couldn't said it any better

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: